Newsuperbug

This is another piece of evidence that high intelligence is not necessarily a good long-term survival strategy. We're finding many ways to destroy ourselves.
This is an excellent point which doesn't get stressed enough - the stupidity of intelligence. Thread relevant - we should institute a moratorium on air travel to limit sudden transmission of these bugs. You do realze that that would cause the collapse of the US economy, don't you? Besides that, too many wealthy people would be against it. That would put the kibosh on it before it got started. U.S. economy? It would collapse the world economy. When I first read Beltane's post I thought he was joking, but then realized he was serious. He apparently did not put any thought into that idea. Yes, of course, it would collapse the world economy. I was thinking of the US because the US is one of the few countries that I know of--maybe the only country--where people are likely to make wild pronouncements like instituting a moratorium on air travel,
Yes, of course, it would collapse the world economy. I was thinking of the US because the US is one of the few countries that I know of--maybe the only country--where people are likely to make wild pronouncements like instituting a moratorium on air travel,
Good point. Says something about the sad state of our educational system.
Yes, of course, it would collapse the world economy. I was thinking of the US because the US is one of the few countries that I know of--maybe the only country--where people are likely to make wild pronouncements like instituting a moratorium on air travel,
Good point. Says something about the sad state of our educational system. BTW, i was joking about you being safe. I can seldom resist the oppotunity to take a humorous dig.
Good point. Says something about the sad state of our educational system. BTW, i was joking about you being safe. I can seldom resist the oppotunity to take a humorous dig. I knew that. Made me chuckle. I expect that sort of behavior from my friends. That's why we get along.