New Textbooks, indoctrination Texas style!

The pity is that I am not the CEO of any large text book publishing company. I would put together text books with the best information on each subject, according to the experts in that field, and publish it. If Texas didn't want to buy those text books, I'd simply say, "Too bad, then you can do without". I probably wouldn't be in business for long.
The thing is, lots of other states just take whatever Texas decides and buys the same books. They're a big buyer, so whatever books they choose will be cheaper, economy of scale. During the last go-round on this, I heard this is changing because online books and small orders are getting easier to do. Guess that isn't quite happening yet. Actually this is coming on line now, some of the newer presses can take digital copy and produce a printed page without a printing plate. So changes can be made on the fly, and part of the book can be printed one way and the same pages can be printed differently for a different order. For several years now my wife has been receiving digital copy from a customer with no hard copy changing hands. The only problem is color, I believe that still has to be checked with ink on paper, but the computers are getting closer, but I believe the final approval is with hard copy.
The pity is that I am not the CEO of any large text book publishing company. I would put together text books with the best information on each subject, according to the experts in that field, and publish it. If Texas didn’t want to buy those text books, I’d simply say, “Too bad, then you can do without". I probably wouldn’t be in business for long.
The other issue with this is the matter of principle, would I allow a book to be published with data that I believed was wrong, or would I just print whatever the customer wanted and subvert my principles and self esteem.
I have also hears some people claim that there were no real dinosaurs, but that God put those fossils in the ground just so a scientist could dig them up and think the Earth was millions of years old when it was really only thousands of years old. I guess billions was just too high for them to count. :roll:
Back when I was in seminary school they told me Satan put dinosaur fossils in the ground to confuse us. He could do this because Yahweh gave Satan dominion over the Earth when he kicked Satan's rebellious ass out of heaven. (Why God would give Satan dominion over the planet where God was putting his highest creation is a whole 'nother subject.) They couldn't answer why God would place light between the galaxies, probably because they had boxed themselves into a corner and could not admit God was trying to confuse us too. I left seminary that afternoon, with my teachers' encouragement.
The pity is that I am not the CEO of any large text book publishing company. I would put together text books with the best information on each subject, according to the experts in that field, and publish it. If Texas didn’t want to buy those text books, I’d simply say, “Too bad, then you can do without". I probably wouldn’t be in business for long.
The other issue with this is the matter of principle, would I allow a book to be published with data that I believed was wrong, or would I just print whatever the customer wanted and subvert my principles and self esteem. Ypu would if you were a Republican Lois