new person saying hi.

I did get a laugh while reading this string. Seriously though, I have tried to delete the word 'hate" from my vocabulary. I hear it too much these days particularly when used in discussions about politics. There are better words to use, imo.

Hey "dudes" ;) ... I think male pretty much is the default. Sigh... I wish we could all be women :)
We are. It's just that for us guys, one of our X chromosomes is broken. Still, we can be handicapable at times. Oh... I know ;) You're not just handicapable :) Actually, I believe the template for our species is female. All fetuses start as female, so males are modified females.
Hi. I am a total hater of the following: the justice system, expert witnesses, logical fallacies, confirmation bias, magical thinking, Cluster B personalities, science reporting, intellectual dishonesty... I thought I might find a home here.
I think you have the wrong address.
Hey "dudes" ;) ... I think male pretty much is the default. Sigh... I wish we could all be women :)
We are. It's just that for us guys, one of our X chromosomes is broken. Still, we can be handicapable at times. Oh... I know ;) You're not just handicapable :) Actually, I believe the template for our species is female. All fetuses start as female, so males are modified females. So you are saying males are mutants.... I agree. LMAO.... %-P
We are. It's just that for us guys, one of our X chromosomes is broken. Still, we can be handicapable at times. Oh... I know ;) You're not just handicapable :) Actually, I believe the template for our species is female. All fetuses start as female, so males are modified females. So you are saying males are mutants.... I agree. LMAO.... %-P No, men are hormonally unbalanced females. %-P
Hi. I am a total hater of the following: the justice system, expert witnesses, logical fallacies, confirmation bias, magical thinking, Cluster B personalities, science reporting, intellectual dishonesty... I thought I might find a home here.
Perhaps there's a little self-hate too? An intellectually honest person might say that there are aspects of the justice system, expert witnesses, etc... that they find repugnant. But total hate? Really? So you prefer No justice system? Witnesses who just dabble in their field like a hobby, etc? You'd rather reporting on science go away and leave a vacuum for more infotainment or religious reporting? But welcome nonetheless. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k So you prefer No justice system? No. Witnesses who just dabble in their field like a hobby, etc? No You'd rather reporting on science go away and leave a vacuum for more infotainment or religious reporting? No. Talk about logical fallacies. Doubturopath evidently doesn't understand the law of unintended consequences. I'm afraid he may be another crank who hates everything and everyone and figures that nothing is better than anything that isn't perfect. Since nothing is perfect he wants to throw out the baby with he bathwater.
I did get a laugh while reading this string. Seriously though, I have tried to delete the word 'hate" from my vocabulary. I here it too much these days particularly when used in discussions about politics. There are better words to use, imo.
You're right. "Hate" is as much a garbage can word as "love." it can mean anything or nothing and everything in between. They are both stand-in words for people who don't know how or are too lazy to describe what they are thinking or feeling.
Hello again. I'm not really new, I've just been gone for some time. My user name is my real name. Dave Nelson, known to my old friends as The Admiral. I'm a retired airline pilot about to turn 88. I'm a life long positive Atheist, that is, I believe that there is no god. Who needs him? The universe can take care of itself. I am constantly and totally amazed at the multitudes of intelligent and educated people who can believe the nonsense that underlies the christian or any other religion. Dave Nelson

Welcome back, Dave. It’s nice to have someone here who was four when I was born, since I’m about to turn 84. :lol:
As I see it, the three problems theist have are that it’s difficult to do self-analysis on beliefs one has had driven into one’s brain in the first five years; that most people are taught to accept authority; and that few people are ever exposed to critical thinking.
Occam

Perhaps there's a little self-hate too? An intellectually honest person might say that there are aspects of the justice system, expert witnesses, etc... that they find repugnant. But total hate? Really? So you prefer No justice system? Witnesses who just dabble in their field like a hobby, etc? You'd rather reporting on science go away and leave a vacuum for more infotainment or religious reporting? But welcome nonetheless. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k So you prefer No justice system? No. Witnesses who just dabble in their field like a hobby, etc? No You'd rather reporting on science go away and leave a vacuum for more infotainment or religious reporting? No. Talk about logical fallacies. Doubturopath evidently doesn't understand the law of unintended consequences. I'm afraid he may be another crank who hates everything and everyone and figures that nothing is better than anything that isn't perfect. Since nothing is perfect he wants to throw out the baby with he bathwater. Lois

Congratulations Dave and Occam on being around for 80 plus years. Here is wishing you many more healthy birthdays!!

You are apparently a troll, and not a very intelligent one. It's common for those who are in the greatest need of psychiatric counselling to dislike the field as you indicated. A question is: which will occur first,
It appears this is NOT the forum for me.
or banning. Now it's your turn to try to think up some boring insults that you'll try to apply to me. Occam
Go ahead and ban me. I thought I would encounter critical thinkers here; not a bunch of truthers and white supremacists. Perhaps you might learn some "critical thinking". So far you haven't demonstrated anything but a Troll mentality. Say something meaningful or don't waste the time of people who are seriously concerned with the state of Humanity. You have a lot to learn in that respect.

Personally, I think skeptics are just people with absolutely no imagination and no vision. You try and dismiss things with the absolutely STUPID explanations that have no facts. All it is, is your own narrow minded opinions. I feel sorry for you cause you’ll never see past your own stupidity. I just watched a shoe about Spontaneous Human Combustion, and Joe Nickell is the biggest joke. If that’s who you have representing the Committee for skeptical inquiry, than your in trouble. Your scientists are obviously the ones that barely graduated at the bottom of the class.

Personally, I think skeptics are just people with absolutely no imagination and no vision. You try and dismiss things with the absolutely STUPID explanations that have no facts. All it is, is your own narrow minded opinions. I feel sorry for you cause you'll never see past your own stupidity. I just watched a shoe about Spontaneous Human Combustion, and Joe Nickell is the biggest joke. If that's who you have representing the Committee for skeptical inquiry, than your in trouble. Your scientists are obviously the ones that barely graduated at the bottom of the class.
Well, if the shoe fits........... Try reading the Mission Statement of CFI. You can find it here: http://www.centerforinquiry.net/ Here is the intro, but you might do well reading the entire presentation.
The mission of the Center for Inquiry is to foster a secular society based on science, reason, freedom of inquiry, and humanist values.
But IMO, you are behaving as a first time guest in someone's home and criticizing the architecture and the furniture. IOW, don't be rude, it won't get you a favorable welcoming response.
Personally, I think skeptics are just people with absolutely no imagination and no vision. You try and dismiss things with the absolutely STUPID explanations that have no facts. All it is, is your own narrow minded opinions. I feel sorry for you cause you'll never see past your own stupidity. I just watched a shoe about Spontaneous Human Combustion, and Joe Nickell is the biggest joke. If that's who you have representing the Committee for skeptical inquiry, than your in trouble. Your scientists are obviously the ones that barely graduated at the bottom of the class.
Skeptics have plenty of imagination and vision. What we don't have is gullibilty, of which you apparently have an excess. Continue to believe everything anyone (except skeptics) tells you, but you are on the wrong group for talking about claims with no evidence behind them. There are plenty of sites for gullible people, like you, many more than for skeptics. I suggest you stick to those where you won't get any responses from "stupid" skeptics.

Sorry sweetheart but I am not gullible. What about me makes me gullible? I’ve read some of your posts and you seem to think you know all about the people you reply to. You’re obviously unable to take any sort of criticism. I stick to what I believe and one of those beliefs is that skeptics are unimaginative, have no vision, and are narrow minded. I prefer to believe that there are things that may not be explainable. There is more evidence to support the unexplained, than there is from the skeptics that say everything can be explained with only an opinion to back them up. That is my opinion and if you can’t respect that than move on. I respect your right to call me gullible even though im not, but thats your opinion.

I prefer to believe that there are things that may not be explainable. There is more evidence to support the unexplained, than there is from the skeptics that say everything can be explained with only an opinion to back them up. That is my opinion and if you can't respect that than move on. I respect your right to call me gullible even though im not, but thats your opinion.
Why even attempt to discuss anything with skeptics if you admit it's all preference and opinion with you?

He is not discussing anything. A few insults and a vague (cloaked) reference to ID (intelligent design) and IC (irreducible complexity). So far nothing to discuss at all, IMO.

It seems like a lot of “christians” I know have an abundant supply of hate, and it is very important to them that people think like they do. Others, I believe, just play the game to be accepted and not ostracized by them. IMO.

It seems like a lot of "christians" I know have an abundant supply of hate, and it is very important to them that people think like they do. Others, I believe, just play the game to be accepted and not ostracized by them. IMO.
It comes with the territory of religious exclusivity and the resulting hubris which condemns everyone who is not "one of us", and an "unbeliever" or "infidel".