My top 5 reasons for calling them DAESH (not ISIS)

#5 “Daesh” comes from an Arabic acronym, that, depending on conjugation, means something to the effect of: Bigots who trample crush and destroy in order to impose their will.
#4 The English acronym of DAESH could be something like: Dickwad Asshole Evil Sicko Hooligans.
#3 Out of respect to Muslims who do not believe that ISIS is either Islamic or a legitimate State.
#2 DAESH is a term that could be inclusive of, not only apocalyptic death cults, but also, any group that seeks to impose anti-humanistic values on others,

And the number 1 reason for calling them DAESH (not ISIS):
They really, really don’t like being named for what they are.

Funny. But seriously, as with any religious fanatics, as we know from our own Christian fanatics in congress, any making fun of them just registers as persecution and emboldens them. What we really need to do is marginalize them by not paying attention to them.

Funny. But seriously, as with any religious fanatics, as we know from our own Christian fanatics in congress, any making fun of them just registers as persecution and emboldens them. What we really need to do is marginalize them by not paying attention to them.
Just ignore DAESH and they will stop mass murdering? I don't think so. Don't make fun of DAESH because they might become even more violent? Wrong. They want the world to end. They are going to be violent regardless. At least making fun of them may help others see how ridiculous they are, rather than see them as inspiring heroes of Islam.

I’m with Tim. Ignoring these twats won’t make them go away. Unlike our fruit loops, the lunatics who make up DAESH aren’t a relatively small number of political radicals ostensibly working within the confines of a legal system to change a society from within. These are die hard, to-the-core fanatics composing what is in effect an army. An army that wants, and will stop at nothing, to purge by sword and fire anything and everyone that doesn’t adhere to their twisted view of the world. All ignoring them will do is give them time to claim more territory, kill more people, burn more cultures and dig in like goddamn ticks.
Making fun of and machine gunning them are really the only two options there are.

“DAESH” – I like it. Kind of sounds like “dishtowel” too.

Just ignore DAESH and they will stop mass murdering? I don't think so. Don't make fun of DAESH because they might become even more violent? Wrong. They want the world to end. They are going to be violent regardless. At least making fun of them may help others see how ridiculous they are, rather than see them as inspiring heroes of Islam.I didn't say don't have the CIA, FBI, military go after them. Just do in without all the media fanfare, or should I say free publicity.
I didn't say don't have the CIA, FBI, military go after them. Just do in without all the media fanfare, or should I say free publicity.
Still not the best idea. They're going to get attention regardless. For a militant group they're surprisingly slick when it comes to social media and YouTube. And people are fickle and tend to stop paying attention and caring when something's not blazoned across the media.

There is a behavioral process known as “extinction”. It involves removing the reinforcement that maintains a particular behavior. If an established behavior is NEVER followed by reinforcement, then, over time, the behavior will occur less and less frequently, until it occurs at close to a zero rate.
To try to apply this, by not paying attention to terrorist’s behavior, one would have to erroneously assume, that paying attention is the only reinforcer of the behavior. Since there are, in reality, other reinforcers of terroristic behaviors, the “extinction” process would not work.
Furthermore, attempting to implement an extinction strategy, but not being successful in preventing each and every instance of reinforcement of the behavior, results in the behavior becoming more resistant to extinction. i.e., it becomes more ingrained.
The extinction process also results in an initial increase in the rate of the behavior. (That’s not good, if the behavior includes murder.) It can also result in the behavior changing in ways that more effectively results in reinforcement (and thus the behavior could become even more extreme).
So, no, ignoring terroristic behavior will not make it go away.

The old saying “you can’t kill and idea with bullets” applies here as well. Unfortunately IS or whatever title they rally around at present can only be contained and marginalized and that takes a great deal of effort on our part and for the Muslim community too. Condemning their barbaric acts is only the first step to eliminating the terrorists. Now that they’re tech savy and using all forms of media, even video games to communicate their ideology and plans, hackers should be turned loose to disrupt their information network while at the same time Interpol should locate and track known operatives in The West. Sending in troops “John Wayne” style will only cause them to scatter back into the general population and the more innocent civilians we kill, the better IS will be able to recruit young converts with an us v. them incitement. Ultimately, the Muslim communities with large, well trained armies e.g. Turkey will have to eliminate the die hard fanatics. The question is who will fill the power vacuum after IS or Daesh or whatever the hell you want to call them are destroyed. No one except for Putin likes Assad and a military dictator would probably be worse in the long run. Without a follow up plan to stabilize the area this will happen over and over again, creating an even bigger immigrant nightmare. Of course global warming didn’t help either.
Cap’t Jack

Daesh has an extraordinarily well produced, slick, and effective media campaign that is distributed on the worldwide web. I would love to see someone take their propaganda videos, (take out the most horrific scenes of murder) and replace the audio with words and sounds (replete with frequent fart noises) that present them in their most well deserved humiliating light. This could be a highlight of an alternative anti-Daesh worldwide web media propaganda narrative.
Also, just to reiterate, I call them Daesh because they hate it so much that they have promised to cut out anyone’s tongue, who uses the term. They love being called ISIS, because the title suggests that they are Islamic and that they are a legitimate State.