My half-racist son.

We’ve moved on a great deal since those days, so acting as though “happy slaves” are being taught in today’s would be lying. -- mitch
Thanks for considering that article. I think this information is easily available, but I could be just going from my own history, which includes a few African American Studies courses at Indiana University, and general curiosity on the subject. A couple of years ago I went to New Orleans and found a tour that is run by a small group of people, called "Hidden History". It's hidden, in that statues that were once in the middle of boulevards are now in the back of parking lots, or artifacts have been removed from public display.

We also did the Federally sponsored tour, which is free from the forest service. In that one, the guide really did say that families were kept together after they were slaves and they were treated well. This was 2018.

I think if one wants to learn history that isn’t taught below the 12th grade, they should take a few college courses in Native American Studies and African American Studies. It will make you angry with your ancestors, but it is well worth the time and money to take some of the courses or all of them if you want. It’s U.S. history, but the subjects, while some are mentioned, are not explored as much in 12th grade and below, like they are in college or if you are lucky high school honours courses. I was also lucky enough to be in high school honours U.S. history courses.
These college courses might be good for people who are really interested in Native or Black American history but the standard high school history they teach right now is good enough. It’s not like young people don’t know Natives existed or Blacks were slaves.

@mitch70

“Wade in the Water”

I’ve never heard of it. So is he claiming that this is his source for believing that all white people thought that slaves were happy?

No, that was not a “happy slave” song. It’s an old negro spiritual song, but not about baptism. It was enough to confuse the massa though. Many had to wade into the water in order to avoid the dogs and escape to freedom, but the words were enough to confuse the slave owners.

From the person who posted the song:

Wade in the Water” was written during the era of slavery in the United States but was not officially published until 1901. Its lyrics have coded instructions to the enslaved escapees about how to avoid being re-captured. It suggests walking or “wading
in water” in order to hinder the dogs of the enslaved escapee’s chasers.
The song is normally associated with the Harriet Tubman (“Moses”) and the Underground Railroad.

A basic premise of CRT is you can’t understand what is happening today without understanding the history.
Just teach history then.
Just teach history then. -- oneguy
Exactly what BLM, MLK, the Black Panthers, AAPI, EEO, UNCF, ACLU, and others have been saying for decades. This anti-CRT crowd invented something to rally around and pretend to be outraged.
This <_fill in the blank_> invented something to rally around and pretend to be outraged. - lausten
That's the fad lately - on both extremes of the spectrum.
I think this information is easily available,
Yes, you're correct in saying this.

Information has never in human history been so easily accumulated, and even though there are fringe groups out there, it doesn’t take much research to find credible sites. Not meant as preaching, but always question new information, but don’t close yourself so much that you can’t accept that you may be wrong. I have a real bleak view of where the world is headed because this “participation trophy” generation doesn’t understand what real struggle is. The biggest obstacle they’ve ever had to overcome is finding life after their internet went down. I read about a year ago in Yahoo NEWS how some “influencer?” committed suicide because they couldn’t handle the lockdown. It’s beyond moronic. The recent generations are getting so soft with each passing month so much that they cry about anything and everything online. They want attention now, and if they don’t get it, they’ll cry about how life is so unfair. It’s sickening.

That’s the fad lately – on both extremes of the spectrum.
back in the early 90's I had two friends both brother and sister who would argue ALL the time. I decided one day to sit down and be the middle man to listen to both sides and hopefully resolve their differences. Multiple times I had to try and calm them from escalating before I realized what was going on. They both were never arguing about the same thing. When one person would talk the other would ignore the complaint because they were so focused on their own rebuttal of their own complaint. This is EXACTLY what I see now going on the Leftists scream, the Right screams, and the world gets nowhere. Bigotry now exists on both sides of the table, and everyone ends up a little dumber with each passing year.

Extremes, on any subject, seems to be the new thing any more.

When one person would talk the other would ignore the complaint because they were so focused on their own rebuttal of their own complaint. -- Mitch
But you can't see that you are doing it. That's not unusual.
But you can’t see that you are doing it. That’s not unusual.
and you could easily be doing the same and not realize it. Telling someone that they're doing it, is vastly different than explaining HOW they are doing it.
Extremes, on any subject, seems to be the new thing any more.
The last greatest country to have ever existed will die by Tribalism. It's a sad end to an otherwise great nation.
I think this information is easily available,
Yes, you're right, information has never in human history been so easily accumulated, and even though there are fringe groups out there, it doesn't take much research to find credible sites. Not meant as preaching, but always question new information, but don't close yourself so much that you can't accept that you may be wrong. I have a real bleak view of where the world is headed because this "participation trophy" generation doesn't understand what real struggle is. The biggest obstacle they've ever had to overcome is finding life after their internet went down. I read about a year ago in Yahoo NEWS how some "influencer?" committed suicide because they couldn't handle the lockdown. It's beyond moronic. The recent generations are getting so soft with each passing month so much that they cry about anything and everything online. They want attention now, and if they don't get it, they'll cry about how life is so unfair. It's sickening.

@mitch70

The last greatest country to have ever existed will die by Tribalism. It’s a sad end to an otherwise great nation.

A great nation? I don’t think the U.S. has ever been great and depending on who you talk to, you’d hear the same answer. My husband doesn’t think it’s ever been great. Native Americans and Black people, most if not a vast majority or even all would say it’s never been great. This nation would be great if every human in the country truly were treated as though “all men were created equal”, but it’s never happened because this nation has a lot of growing up to do still.

A great nation? I don’t think the U.S. has ever been great and depending on who you talk to, you’d hear the same answer. My husband doesn’t think it’s ever been great. Native Americans and Black people, most if not a vast majority or even all would say it’s never been great. This nation would be great if every human in the country truly were treated as though “all men were created equal”, but it’s never happened because this nation has a lot of growing up to do still.
The US is screwed up in so many ways that it makes it easy to hate and criticize it, but the history of this country is the only one that seemingly gets scrutinized for its mistakes. We know and openly admit to these mistakes FAR more than ANY other countries do with their own (with maybe the exception of Germany). This is why I question the whole idea of "Diversity" and "Inclusion". Nothing good has come of diversity in the US other than to hate and blame the very people who had created it. White people, especially by the media, are regarded as the enemy of all races so much that now the BIG push is that ONLY White people can be racist. The only reason you don't see this scrutiny in other countries is that they predominately only HAVE one race. In Japan/China/Malaysia/Cambodia/Laos/Vietnam etc you have the huge majority of the populace of Asians. I don't see anyone crying about the lack of inclusion in those countries. In all of South America, you have the greater majority of Hispanic/Latino/conquistadors. Does anyone in those countries? Of course not. The other territories of the world are all much the same with what? Are the white colonizers of the African nations still living there? Yeah, those whities aren't getting much love being there, so inclusion is out the window.

The US was at one time considered to be the boiling pot of all races but now it’s turned into a crematorium for all white people who either agree that the US is a shithouse or a safe house for those who agree. The people who get to judge the US all seem to be of a homogenized race.

This is what the left has become.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO8qdwggIdI

btw could you please look up a post I made that was deleted to spam? Nothing in it was spam, yet it’s been completely deleted. If you see the reasoning then please let me know so that I don’t make the same mistake again. It’s sad because I really put a lot into the post to open people to a different perspective.

@mitch70 Maybe we are trying too hard at being diverse. Sometimes if you try too hard, it can be just as bad as not trying at all. “Boiling pot”? Don’t you mean “melting pot”? It may have been, but we were segregated to the extreme. I really don’t feel it is a crematorium for white people on either side, but then again, I’m a mix of European American and Native American and my sons are Black, European American, Greek, and Native American, so we’re not only diverse, but we are the true Heinz 57 U.S. citizens. So diversity isn’t the problem. The problem are those like the dotard and those who follow him in the cult he created. They happen to be made of KKK and other racist groups and to them MAGA(t) means making the U.S. white, which it never was to begin with, but they believe it was.

I never thought of being “white” like what she said in the video. Then again, my family is so mixed up we are no longer white, but yet look white. Keep in mind Irish, which is in my ancestry too, weren’t considered white at one time. So, what the video is wrong is melanin- varying degrees of melanin. That’s what skin colour is and we all human. Then again, I’ve always been unique in my thinking concerning humans.

Maybe we are trying too hard at being diverse.
Or maybe there are too many people trying to hate white people as a means to make themselves look better. It's no mystery what happened to the Indians or the black victims of slavery. Supporters of CRT love to act as though slavery was never taught in history, or if it had been, that they were all "happy slaves". It's a complete lie. It's agenda-driven to create more dissension between both black and white people. Everything the left has done in the past 20 years has only made things worse. I voted for Obama. I wanted to believe we could move things forward and make this a better country, but people fall back into old bad habits by claiming we haven't fully resolved all race issues within our country. The lie is, that we can resolve it. So long as you have people that want to be the victim, you'll always have people looking for the perpetrator, and white is that color that keeps on giving.

Voltaire had said “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize”

Trump most definitely held this power, but so do many of the minorities of today. If you don’t believe me I’ll show you multiple cases and even statistics of groups that seemingly have been ignored for their atrocities.

Spoiler Alert: My Asian wife isn’t worried about white people attacking her.

Honestly, If this country wants to ban white people, then I’ll be happy to move back to my Mothers homeland in Toronto, Canada.

No one wants to ban white people and no one said anything about banning white people. IMHO, we really need to see people as human, not as a skin colour.

OK I’ll play- Spoiler alert- my family is considered Black, despite being 1/2.

OK let’s say a white person did attack your wife and called her whatever racist word is for an Asian American, beat her, and injured her badly. Wouldn’t you call that a racial hate crime? In a court of law, she’d be the victim and it would be treated as a racial hate crime. Of course, she shouldn’t go around worrying about being attacked by anyone. No one should, but it happens.

and you could easily be doing the same and not realize it. Telling someone that they’re doing it, is vastly different than explaining HOW they are doing it. @mitch70
When I warn you about violating CFI rules, that’s what I’m doing. The rules here are designed for reasonable scientific inquiry. You operate somewhere near the edge of that, mostly expressing opinions that are not supportable, regardless of how popular you think they are.

And I get specific. The thing about 58 genders for example. You are repeating memes, not discussing scientific views on gender.

Hyperbolic statements like this are a good example:

but the history of this country is the only one that seemingly gets scrutinized for its mistakes.
Or this one
Nothing good has come of diversity in the US other than to hate and blame the very people who had created it.
That is only true in Mitch-opposite-world. We have religious freedom in the Constitution, but it has been taken by the fundamentalists and changed into the right to discriminate based on their religion, then theycomplain when they are sanctioned for it. That is, they blame freedom for their suppression. For 100 years the descendants of freed slaves tried to live in a country that restricted their freedoms. When they finally spoke up, they had water canons shot at them. What I see is, the laws and principles are for freedom, but people in power don’t want everyone to be free.
Are the white colonizers of the African nations still living there?
This is really your problem. Your narrow focus. Do you remember South African Apartheid? That was just a couple decades ago and it is still causing problems?
This is why I question the whole idea of “Diversity” and “Inclusion”. Nothing good has come of diversity in the US other than to hate and blame the very people who had created it.
Diversity is overrated. There are some people who genuinely love it -- like White liberals, but everyone else is either neutral or dislikes it.