Music For Eighteen Musicians - Steve Reich

Jamming out to some really beautiful stuff:

This kind of music changes your perception of time. You might think of it as music to aid meditation or just unusually beautiful background music, if you don’t want to give it full attention at first (which I don’t recommend - good music deserves full attention).
Anyway, this is a really nice live performance, and yes, this is difficult to perform. It requires great focus.

Jamming out to some really beautiful stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXJWO2FQ16c This kind of music changes your perception of time. You might think of it as music to aid meditation or just unusually beautiful background music, if you don't want to give it full attention at first (which I don't recommend - good music deserves full attention). Anyway, this is a really nice live performance, and yes, this is difficult to perform. It requires great focus.
One of my favorite pieces. :)

Cool! :slight_smile:
I dig Steve Reich’s stuff. It’s a predecessor to modern electronic music, in it’s way.
Along similar styles, I dig John Adams and Terry Riley, too. Phillip Glass is notable here too, being a part of the same group that pioneered this stuff in NY back in the 60s and 70s, but Glass’s stuff has never resonated with me the same.

Cool! :) I dig Steve Reich's stuff. It's a predecessor to modern electronic music, in it's way. Along similar styles, I dig John Adams and Terry Riley, too. Phillip Glass is notable here too, being a part of the same group that pioneered this stuff in NY back in the 60s and 70s, but Glass's stuff has never resonated with me the same.
Ah, I've been a Glass fan since my father used to play albums of his back in the late '70s. Never understood the friction between him and Reich, but it seems fortunately to have abated.

Boring and uncreative. Give me those same resources and I could do far better.

Boring and uncreative. Give me those same resources and I could do far better.
I can understand boring, but not uncreative. The whole point of that music is to change things over much longer periods of time than people are used to dealing with. So, yes, if you don't dig the idea it is boring. But if it were uncreative, everyone would be writing stuff like that.