Mr Diety interview

A little distraction, from CFI

“You can’t know anything about God. So, who cares?”

Why is Jesus always a pretty white boy?

Oh but it’s not all about personality, I see they get into scripture too. Fascinating.

Well, this sure beat starting the day with that obnoxious jack russell terrier who’s running around here nipping at everyone’s heels.

Mr. Deity is actors, but the pics you see of JC never was JC. IF he ever existed, given he was allegedly born in Israel, he would have looked more Middle Eastern, like an Egyptian or an Arabian, but definitely not Northern European and probably not like an African. Given he traveled a lot on foot, his face may have been worn, due to no sunblock, but he may have had dark wavy or curly hair, that’s slightly dry.

Jewish Jesus Poster

If he ever lived , I would imagine he’d be this type of person.

If Christ was real he was basically a Mizrahi Jew. Like with all Middle Eastern populations, there is some amount of variation in their appearance, with some individuals that can look White and some that look Brown, and everything in between.

More to the point, images of Christ have always been made to look like whoever is worshipping , so there is no harm done.

History does not agree with you. There has been much harm done in the name of Christ and what he looked like.

Religion is not pop culture. It is a serious and deadly business in the eyes of many. Religion rules certain countries and punishment for breaking the law is based on the Scripture of that specific religion.

Actually, you just proved that the story of Jesus and what he looked like is purely a human concept and never actually existed.

The supposed appearance of Christ has never been a factor in religious conflict.

¿???

There was a massive break between eastern and western Christianity because they couldn’t agree if the cracker actually turned into Christ’s body.

And that has what to do with Christ’s phenotype?

I’m thinking Lausten meant it more as a commentary on differences and how people think and deal with them.

As for Christ’s phenotype, don’t all believers tailor their own, each to their circumstance?

You mean like the centuries long fighting over whether Christ was half god, one-third of a trinity, born human then the spirit entered him, or any of the other characteristics people kill each other over?

The gospels and epistles are full of arguing over who Jesus appeared to, what he said, and who doubted him.

There are as many Tulpas as there are Theists.

Oh boy, need to look into that one. So much woo I’m not familiar with.

Varieties of Tulpa Experiences: Sentient Imaginary Friends, Embodied Joint Attention, and Hypnotic Sociality in a Wired World

By Samuel Veissière - 2015

Introduction

This article presents a summary and discussion of key findings from ten months of experimental cyberethnography among tulpamancers.[i] Tulpas, a term reportedly borrowed from Tibetan Buddhism, are imaginary companions who are said to have achieved full sentience after being conjured through ‘thought-form’ meditative practice. Human ‘hosts’, or tulpamancers, mediate their practice through open-ended how-to guides and discussion forums on the Internet and experience their Tulpas as semi-permanent auditory and somatic hallucinations.

Studying Tulpas and their hosts is fascinating on many counts, not least because it provides an opportunity to observe an emerging culture and the mediation of new kinds of persons – in this case, that of multiple humanoid and non-human persons ‘hosted’ in single bodies and a large-scale sociocultural matrix of ‘healing’ generated without physical interaction between members.

As an anthropologist who underwent retraining in cognitive science, however, I am less concerned with the seemingly ‘strange’ and ‘exotic’ aspects of Tulpamancy and am most interested in what the practice can reveal about fundamentally human mechanisms and processes.

Thus, I seek to investigate (but in no pre-determined order) how neurocognitive, attentional, and narrative processes invariably shape all forms of sociality and experiences of personhood on the one hand, but also how social, political, and technological processes invariably shape mechanisms of attention, cognition, and perception. I gravitate toward sociocognitive, enactive models of hypnosis as ways of mediating sociality and personhood.

Reminds me that consciousness is an interaction with the world around us.

Looking for more, I discovered a guide, that leaves me thinking of Tulpas as a good old imaginary friend, but for adults, . . .

Okay so it is WIKI, buyer be aware.

Think long and hard before you create a tulpa.
Plan out your tulpa.
Plan your tulpa’s appearance.
Plan your tulpa’s personality.
Visualize your tulpa.
Try to touch your tulpa in your imagination.
Create a scent, if you wish.
Visualize your tulpa’s movements.
Wonderlands. If you want, you can create a place in your imagination, called a wonderland
Talk to your tulpa.
After your tulpa talks, you can choose a voice for them if they haven’t created one themselves.
Determine whether your tulpa is sentient.
Moving your Tulpa into Reality
Go for a walk and imagine your tulpa following behind you.
Visiting Tulpa Forums
Connect with others who have tulpas.

Dang, I want to strive to be non-offensive and open, but lordie lord, sometimes we need to draw the line.
Take this list of suggests, add an insecure human, during an especially difficult time in their life, add some strong psychedelics, and it sounds like a road map to insanity, more than anything else.
Scary.

Although now that I think of it, way back in the few years of youthful infatuation with Jesus and christianity, God was like a tulpa, I could feel him always looking over my shoulder, no matter where I went, couldn’t shake him. It was nice growing out of that trap.

I knew that this would intrigue you.
There is an excellent book on personal experiences by the first European woman to meet the Dalai Lama, Alexandra David-Neel
Her book “Magic and Mystery in Tibet” has been a source of reference for a long time.

Magic and Mystery in Tibet4.4 out of 5 stars 292

by Alexandra David-Neel

Seeker, adventurer, pilgrim, and scholar, David-Neel (1868-1969) was the first European woman to explore the once-forbidden city of Lhasa. This memoir offers an objective account of the supernatural events she witnessed during the 1920s among the mystics and hermits of Tibet - including levitation, telepathy, and the ability to walk on water.
Amazon.com: Alexandra David-Neel: books, biography, latest update

That is about the nature of Christ. I mean the racial phenotype he supposedly had.

Yes. That’s why linked above to that Ethiopian church icon which showed biblical figures as Black.

This rabbit hole is too long. 'til next time.

Oh, okay, you got me.
So not every depiction is a pretty, lily white guy?

My bad, I stand corrected!

source

:wink: :+1:t2: :beers:

A lot. As an apostate of the Episcopal Church, there were some who truly believed that after the priest blessed the wine and wafers, they really were the body and blood of Christ (many Catholics believe the same) and the act of cannibalism caused them to be part of the body of Christ, which gave them the “warm fuzzies”, so to speak. If you made any attempt to counter that by saying it’s JUST symbolism, they’d get extremely upset, just as if you denied their God existed. I suspect this was also part of the Inquisition/Crusades. This theological difference between Catholic/Episcopalian and Protestantism, is a big thing. My relatives were for far right Evangelical Protestants and they’d be just as upset if you insisted it really was the blood and body of Christ and not symbolic. They’d also get upset if you instead on wine, instead of grape juice too.