Migrant ship disaster

What’s the answer?
Most if not all of the Mediterranean migrants are Muslim. What I find it hard to understand is that their countries are run–and ruined–by Muslims, but they never seem to make the connection between Islam and their desperate circumstances. When they are settled in civilized countries they bring their destructive and inhumane religion with them and try to spread it, often by force, devastating large swaths of the civilized world. What do you think of the Australian solution? Do you have any ideas about how this growing crisis should be handled?

For once, I don’t have an answer on the tip of my brain. Also, I don’t know what you are referencing as “the Australian solution”. It has occurred to me that since the level of conflict in the Middle East appears to have no abatement in continuing to grow, the Mediterranean Sea will likely have an on-going growing population of drowned refugees.

For once, I don't have an answer on the tip of my brain. Also, I don't know what you are referencing as "the Australian solution". It has occurred to me that since the level of conflict in the Middle East appears to have no abatement in continuing to grow, the Mediterranean Sea will likely have an on-going growing population of drowned refugees.
Australia turns away ships carrying asylum seekers that reach Australia or its territories From the article: Australia’s prime minister has urged European leaders to adopt tougher border control measures. Tony Abbott, whose government implemented a strict policy of turning back asylum seekers’ boats in a bid to discourage them from trying to reach Australia, called the latest Mediterranean crisis a “terrible, terrible tragedy" and suggested Europe follow Australia’s lead to ensure it was not repeated. LL

So Australia decides not to be a co-dependent. Tough love, so to speak. I suppose it could be a solution for Europe if it were possible to insure that no refugees were ever allowed to enter the country by boat. But that is probably not possible. An attempt to install that “solution”, if only most refugees were turned away, would probably just prolong the problem. These refugees would probably not be risking there lives to get to Europe, if their lives were not already in danger by staying put. Hence, the small chance of a decent life, would still outweigh their certainty of a miserable life or no life at all.

So Australia decides not to be a co-dependent. Tough love, so to speak. I suppose it could be a solution for Europe if it were possible to insure that no refugees were ever allowed to enter the country by boat. But that is probably not possible. An attempt to install that "solution", if only most refugees were turned away, would probably just prolong the problem. These refugees would probably not be risking there lives to get to Europe, if their lives were not already in danger by staying put. Hence, the small chance of a decent life, would still outweigh their certainty of a miserable life or no life at all.
True, but most never make the connection between their religion and what is happening in their countries. Instead many are blind to the root causes, hold onto it and bring its worst aspects into the host country. IMO, that's the leading reason for the draconian efforts to refuse them entry. Many countries have given them safe harbor only to see the Islamic migrants engage in Islamic inspired terrorism and other illegal acts. Not all of them by any means--but enough to make governments take harsh action because they know through experience that a portion of every Islamic migrant group has engaged in such acts and many more will support them. Who can blame them for not wanting to take the chance when the odds are so heavily in favor of bad acts and the widespread support of those acts from fellow Islamic migrants? Lois
So Australia decides not to be a co-dependent. Tough love, so to speak. I suppose it could be a solution for Europe if it were possible to insure that no refugees were ever allowed to enter the country by boat. But that is probably not possible. An attempt to install that "solution", if only most refugees were turned away, would probably just prolong the problem. These refugees would probably not be risking there lives to get to Europe, if their lives were not already in danger by staying put. Hence, the small chance of a decent life, would still outweigh their certainty of a miserable life or no life at all.
True, but most never make the connection between their religion and what is happening in their countries. Instead many are blind to the root causes, hold onto it and bring its worst aspects into the host country. IMO, that's the leading reason for the draconian efforts to refuse them entry. Many countries have given them safe harbor only to see the Islamic migrants engage in Islamic inspired terrorism and other illegal acts. Not all of them by any means--but enough to make governments take harsh action because they know through experience that a portion of every Islamic migrant group has engaged in such acts and many more will support them. Who can blame them for not wanting to take the chance when the odds are so heavily in favor of bad acts and the widespread support of those acts from fellow Islamic migrants? Lois You don't have to convince me of the pernicious insidious effects of Islam that have, do, and will occur, when it is taken too devoutly and interpreted in certain ways (and it seems inevitable that some portion of Islamic believers will). Also, the Koran provides rules for governance of societies (that are functional, to the extent that those societies have order and can operate). So it provides a very workable strategy, for those who become Islamic terrorists: Promote chaos and disruption, then come in and provide a solution, i.e., Islamic law. It's easy to cause destruction, and it's easy for militant Islamists to impose their take on Sharia Law. Maintaining ordered, non-corrupt, non-religious governed societies is not so easy. This gives Islamic Imperialists one advantage in the "holy" struggle to impose Islam on all the world (or at least significant parts of it).

The Australians are doing it right.
However, if it comes to that, I don’t think the Mediterranean nations are up to the task. The Northern European nations will probably have take on a lot of the responsibility.