Medical Marijuana?

Maybe this article will useful for you https://iguidecbd.com/cbd-pills-for-pain

Marijuana and derivative products are really sketchy right now. There are many, many claims that they help for a wide range of ailments, but it’s all anecdotal evidence, completely useless as a basis for determining safety or efficiency. Things like CBD oil are almost completely unregulated. You could be getting a bottle with high amounts of arsenic from China for all you know. There is a wide, wide range of product qualities ranging from true pharmaceutical grade to “Just put the crap in the bottle and sell it.” And, while it’s widely available all over the place, it’s still very illegal in many places, even places where it’s sold openly. In Iowa having CBD oil without a prescription is the same as having marijuana, legally speaking. But there is almost no enforcement, so there are businesses where CBD oil is actually their main product line, as well as huge signs saying “We have CBD oil!” in front of many stores. Technically the police could come into any of those stores at any time, confiscate their entire stock and put everyone involved in prison for being drug dealers, according to the law. But police have only raided like 2 places, confiscated the stock and then dropped the matter.

So, basically, if it’s legal where you are and you can get it in a known good quality, give it a try and see what happens. Maybe it works for you, maybe it doesn’t. But don’t get it from a gas station. It takes a TON of research on the Internet to figure out what is quality and what is suspect, and quality brands may or may not be available in your area. DO NOT order it off the Internet, ESPECIALLY from another country (super especially not from China) unless you for sure find a place on the Internet that sells for sure quality stuff and it’s legal to get it in your state FROM the location you get it. You risk possible charges of interstate or international drug trafficking if the DA wants to push the limits of the law, depending on the laws in your area.

As far as whether it’s effective or not, nobody knows. Research has been banned on it for decades and is just starting now. Anyone who claims to “know” is, frankly, mistaken or lying. There are a lot of fanboys out there, but no real data. I have heard some very compelling stories. One that stuck with me was parents who risked prison for getting their child CBD oil to help with sickness and seizures related to cancer and chemotherapy. It had no THC in it, so it wasn’t a druggie thing. They risked prison because they were so sure it helped their child. But compelling or not, it’s still just anecdotal evidence.

This problem stems from the fact that marijuana is STILL scheduled as a class 1 narcotic. STILL!!! We could have had decades of legitimate research done by now if it had been re-scheduled decades ago as it should be.

Seriously, why has the DEA been so intent for so long in preventing the re-scheduling of marijuana? It is ridiculous and immoral. Every year lately there are rumors that it will be rescheduled soon. It is always blocked. Look at the requirements for a substance to be classified level 1 (currently that includes heroin, and insanely enough, marijuana).

1. it has no known medicinal use
  2. it is dangerous
  3. it has high potential for addiction
None of this is true for marijuana. #1 is a lie against marijuana. The govt has a patent on CBD, specifically for its neuro protective qualities. Not to mention the mountain of anecdotal claims for medical use plus the flood of physician prescriptions for marijuana in states where it is medically legal.

2 is a lie against marijuana. My long dead grandmother is more dangerous than marijuana.

3 is a lie against marijuana. 15% of people who use alcohol tend to become addicted. The rate for marijuana is 9%. Nicotine is like 40%

I suggest that every politician that could, but does not, vote for marijuana to be re-scheduled, be made known to the public so that we can know who not to vote back in.

Given the intellect shown in your usual posts I’m pretty sure you already know why reclassifying marijuana has been resisted. It was never a health issue in the first place. The war on drugs was Nixon’s method of voter suppression. He thought that if he could criminalize drugs then all the hippies and minorities who were both more likely to use them and more likely to vote Democrat would be unable to vote from prison.

Later on in the drug war the penalties for crack cocaine, the version of cocaine most used by the poor and, especially, blacks, were made significantly greater than the penalties for powdered cocaine, the version most used by white people, generally those who were more well off.

This is a very small piece of a pattern of the war on drugs being used to target the poor and minorities, both groups who tend to vote Democrat. There have been many, many other laws meant specifically to target the poor and minorities using drugs, such as requiring drug testing to get government assistance. Obviously there was never any scientific or medical reason for it to be schedule 1 in the first place, it was political. The entire war on drugs was, and still is, political. Republicans once used it as a means of disenfranchising voters. That isn’t so much the case any more. Then it became a convenient way to pad the pockets of the rich. Send a bunch of people to privately owned prisons, then make sure they stay there and everyone involved gets rich. But even that is starting to come apart with the constant abuses of the system. Now they are at the very least pandering to the religious right, who, on the extreme end, see any form of pleasure as sinful.

You are probably right about most of that. It could explain why the common sense action of de-scheduling marijuana as a level 1 narcotic has been avoided for so long.

There are some medical uses of marijuana such as pain relief and appetite stimulation but its recreational use is more widespread. Marijuana is often combined with other drugs to achieve a better and stronger high. Apart from medical marijuana, some states even allow recreational use of marijuana.

I have seen marijuana commonly used recreationally, in association with alcohol. And I have seen it commonly used without any other psychoactive substances. When I have seen it used with other psychoactive substances, it was often times, to ameliorate the harshness, or edginess of the other substance/s.

I have not seen other substances commonly used purposely to enhance the high from the marijuana. I believe this happens occasionally with relatively novice recreational drug users who are just trying anything to see what feeling they can get. I suspect that most mature recreational or otherwise users of marijuana, would prefer just the marijuana, for the most part.

Mixing psycho-actives is generally not a good idea.

"Mixing psycho-actives is generally not a good idea."
It's generally a very bad idea. Any kind of binging is an indication of an addictive personality and bad is bad for your health, in several ways.
You are probably right about most of that. It could explain why the common sense action of de-scheduling marijuana as a level 1 narcotic has been avoided for so long.
Oh yeah, that's not my opinion, that's history. At least, it's claimed to be. One of his former aids came out and said that his war on drugs was to target minorities and hippies. And this wasn't a recent thing. The article saw the light of day in 2016, but it was from a 1994 interview. https://harpers.org/archive/2016/04/legalize-it-all/

Republicans use anything they can label as “evil” to drum up the base. I don’t know that it’s still scheduled as Class 1 for the same reason or if they’ve just been resisting it to appease the religious right. Probably a little bit of both.

There may be exceptions to every rule. If someone slipped me some LSD, and I was having a “bad trip” I would probably want to try some pot to help me calm down. Idk if that would help or make things worse, but my guess is, it would help.

Binging and mixing substances is indicative of addictive personalities, no doubt. But everyone who has binged at times, or who has mixed substances recreationally, is not an addictive personality. Though they, too, are at risk of addiction if they binge &/or mix regularly for long enough, especially depending on the addictive power of the particular substance/s.

By reading this article 10 Hemp Oil Benefits for Skin, Hair & More | Homegrown Cannabis Co. I realized I have been taken for a ride by the healthcare industry. I have tried all of the treatments that are said to be helpful in this article at great expense and still have back pain after five years. I have had MRI imaging, nerve studies and been poked and prodded, drugs creams You name it. “Everything’s normal,” they say.

Recently found that marijuana is said to be a fantastic muscle relaxant. Cannabis that contains higher levels of THC is now listed as “marijuana” and remains a Schedule I drug. I have also heard of its use quite successfully for fibromyalgia, endometriosis, interstitial cystitis, and most other conditions where the final common pathway is chronic pain. GSC, is one of the best cannabis strains on the market to treat pain ACDC is a Sativa-dominant strain and originates from Cannatonic. ACDC stands out for its low THC, high CBD ratio providing its patients with immediate pain relief without the high.

Uncle Jack’s Premier Snake Oil (UJPSO) claims all of those cures being attributed to marijuana and more.

The difference is UJPSO can be studied at will by any researchers who want to study it. Marijuana (still insanely scheduled as a class 1 narcotic) continues to have roadblocks to legitimate research.

How can I say this delicately?

To ALL of the stupid useless federal congresspersons who have STILL not de-scheduled marijuana as a Class 1 Narcotic, do it NOW!

I agree completely. Perhaps we can stop the current opioid addiction that is ruining so many lives.

Pamela said> “ACDC stands out for its low THC, high CBD ratio providing its patients with immediate pain relief without the high.”

TimB requests> As an example, could you please explain how this assertion was determined to be accurate?

I personally use cdb oil for anxiety, for more info you can click here http://www.envyhemp.com . Some other effecive methods for anxiety are; a good nights’ sleep, listening to music, and exercising. I try to occasionally workout when I can, if not frequently. All these methods really work great for me making me feel much better.

Can we not have a simple discussion without all the adbot-people jumping all over it to post their links? As if the people here, of all places, are going to fall for any of this crap. I should exercise more to relieve my anxiety? Great call! I had better click on your link right away and buy a product of questionable legality, which I probably already get someplace else if I’m interested in clicking on your link, from YOUR recommendation! Because it’s not obvious AT ALL that THIS is the reason you are here because you’ve bothered to make minimalist posts unrelated to the product you’re TOTALLY not trying to sell, proving once and for all that you’re just here for the atmosphere!

Sorry for that rant. All the people trying to sell me crap here lately just has me a little ticked off. I don’t go into another person’s home, crap in the corner and tell them I’m just fertilizing their plants because I just want to be so helpful. That’s what it feels like they’re doing here. In my eyes, an unsolicited ad IS a big, steaming turd.

It’s like the robocalls we get constantly on the phones. It is an ubiquitous irritation.

Hello! The positive effects of marijuana on anxiety, depression and other diseases have been proven. When menopause began, it was very difficult. I started to have depression and other symptoms prevented me from living, then I read the article at https://menopausecoach.com/ and went to the doctor. This helps a lot to fight depression and symptoms. I felt better. Have a nice day!