me

Name’s David. Raised Baptist/Episcopalian/Lutheran until I was old enough to think for myself. I saw the light and realized there is no light. I’ve oscillated between apathetic agnosticism and militant atheism. Right now I just want to be able to live my life without the strictures of the scriptures. Fuck blue laws, let me buy my rum on Sunday. That’s a very basic reduction of my views, but it’s somewhat accurate.
What I admire about religion is its ability to cohere & motivate. I have faith (heh!) that, were atheists, freethinkers, & secular humanists to organize effectively, we would form a force with which to be reckoned. I also believe that prepositions may end a sentence, but I prefer not to use them in that fashion when typing.
I currently live in Ocala.
Rock on.

Welcome didda. Being an optimist I think that religions are already slowly fading so we don’t even have to organize, just be vocal whenever anyone challenges us or makes a dumb theistic statement.
And you may have already heard this but when Winston Churchill gave a speech during the second world war, a reporter commented that he had ended a sentence with a preposition. Churchill’s response was, “That is the kind of criticism up with which I shall not put.” :slight_smile:
Occam

Welcome didda. Being an optimist I think that religions are already slowly fading so we don't even have to organize, just be vocal whenever anyone challenges us or makes a dumb theistic statement. And you may have already heard this but when Winston Churchill gave a speech during the second world war, a reporter commented that he had ended a sentence with a preposition. Churchill's response was, "That is the kind of criticism up with which I shall not put." :) Occam
Never and a sentence with a proposition. ;) Lois