Mainstream Media Inanity

Leave it to MSM to connect] the upcoming eclipse to Trump

Is the eclipse throwing shade at Clinton supporters? The path of ideal viewing spots for this month’s highly-anticipated total solar eclipse cuts overwhelmingly through places that voted for President Trump in November.
You gotta laugh at their desperation.
Is the eclipse throwing shade at Clinton supporters? The path of ideal viewing spots for this month’s highly-anticipated total solar eclipse cuts overwhelmingly through places that voted for President Trump in November.
Yeah and I gotta cry at the right wing desperation
Gold Farming and Bannon epiphany http://www.npr.org/2017/07/18/537885042/inside-the-shakespearean-irony-of-trump-and-bannons-relationship And they had enough power that they basically ruined Bannon's business. But the lesson he took away from that was that these rootless white males who spend all their time online actually had what he told me was "monster power" to go out and [effect] change, and that they operated at a kind of sub-rosa level that most people didn't see. So when he moved over to Breitbart News a couple years later, one of his goals he told me was trying to track these people and radicalize them in a political sense, which is basically what wound up happening. ...
How Breitbart became Donald Trump's favourite news site 14 November 2016 http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37109970 "We are going to be the Huffington Post of the right," Bannon famously said at the time. Their headlines, however, were anything but Huffington Post-like: "Would you rather your child had feminism or cancer?" was one jumped on by Democrats during the presidential race. Others include "There's no hiring bias against women in tech, they just suck at interviews", "Giuliani: 'Professional protesters,' not Hillary supporters, marching across nation" and "EXCLUSIVE: London cop confirms Donald Trump UK radicalisation claims". "[Bannon] has sold out Andrew's mission in order to back another bully, Donald Trump; he has shaped the company into Trump's personal Pravda," wrote former editor-at-large Ben Shapiro. Those fears raised their heads again, after Bannon was announced as Mr Trump's new strategist.
For an inside look at some articles and some fact checking http://www.snopes.com/tag/breitbart/
Be nice to have an actual link that works, but what's the point anyway, your idiotic ideology taints everything you post. So in the end the total MSM you're trying to condemn based on nothing has far more relevance than you ever will.
Yeah and I gotta cry at the right wing desperation
Gold Farming and Bannon epiphany http://www.npr.org/2017/07/18/537885042/inside-the-shakespearean-irony-of-trump-and-bannons-relationship And they had enough power that they basically ruined Bannon's business. But the lesson he took away from that was that these rootless white males who spend all their time online actually had what he told me was "monster power" to go out and [effect] change, and that they operated at a kind of sub-rosa level that most people didn't see. So when he moved over to Breitbart News a couple years later, one of his goals he told me was trying to track these people and radicalize them in a political sense, which is basically what wound up happening. ...
How Breitbart became Donald Trump's favourite news site 14 November 2016 http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37109970 "We are going to be the Huffington Post of the right," Bannon famously said at the time. Their headlines, however, were anything but Huffington Post-like: "Would you rather your child had feminism or cancer?" was one jumped on by Democrats during the presidential race. Others include "There's no hiring bias against women in tech, they just suck at interviews", "Giuliani: 'Professional protesters,' not Hillary supporters, marching across nation" and "EXCLUSIVE: London cop confirms Donald Trump UK radicalisation claims". "[Bannon] has sold out Andrew's mission in order to back another bully, Donald Trump; he has shaped the company into Trump's personal Pravda," wrote former editor-at-large Ben Shapiro. Those fears raised their heads again, after Bannon was announced as Mr Trump's new strategist.
For an inside look at some articles and some fact checking http://www.snopes.com/tag/breitbart/
You seem to have a gift for missing the point. spamblock

Really now. I was just looking at more stories of media desperation.
How about a link to your claimed story.

Jezz Beltane why did you even bring it up.
Talk about inanity.
For folks interested in the rest of his story.

Boston Globe mocked for tying solar eclipse to Trump voters By Jessica Chasmar - The Washington Times - Wednesday, August 2, 2017 http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/aug/2/boston-globe-mocked-for-tying-solar-eclipse-to-tru/
Jezz Beltane why did you even bring it up. Talk about inanity. For folks interested in the rest of his story.
Boston Globe mocked for tying solar eclipse to Trump voters By Jessica Chasmar - The Washington Times - Wednesday, August 2, 2017 http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/aug/2/boston-globe-mocked-for-tying-solar-eclipse-to-tru/
Well, OF COURSE the Washington Times would mock the Boston Globe for almost anything! They probably mock the Globe's classified section. Lois
Really now. I was just looking at more stories of media desperation. How about a link to your claimed story.
Two different things. MSM is dying. They've been reduced to putting out absurd clickbait articles for their elderly, depressed readers. Bannon just found a growing audience and steered Brietbart in that direction.
Two different things. MSM is dying. They've been reduced to putting out absurd clickbait articles for their elderly, depressed readers. Bannon just found a growing audience and steered Brietbart in that direction.
Right, just like TV killed radio... except radio is still here. All media is in transition, it's not dying. Bannon didn't find a growing audience, he created a platform for the worst that society has to offer. Turning Breitbart into a vehicle for white supremacists has nothing to do with providing genuine journalism for an audience that wants the facts. It's there to send out constant dog whistles for extremists, nothing more. For instance Milo Yiannopolis didn't organize an online stalking campaign of black actress Leslie Jones because he was acting as a professional journalist. He did so as part of racist campaign to target minority groups and intimidate moderates. Breibart is just one more element that is being directed against democracy and social stability in the west. Which entirely explains why you're in support of it. How is the weather in Moscow right now btw?
Right, just like TV killed radio... except radio is still here. All media is in transition, it's not dying. Bannon didn't find a growing audience, he created a platform for the worst that society has to offer. Turning Breitbart into a vehicle for white supremacists has nothing to do with providing genuine journalism for an audience that wants the facts. It's there to send out constant dog whistles for extremists, nothing more. For instance Milo Yiannopolis didn't organize an online stalking campaign of black actress Leslie Jones because he was acting as a professional journalist. He did so as part of racist campaign to target minority groups and intimidate moderates. Breibart is just one more element that is being directed against democracy and social stability in the west. Which entirely explains why you're in support of it. How is the weather in Moscow right now btw? Thanks Doug, I was thinking about my response, but now that I've seen this go up, I'm good with leaving it at your's. Well said.

If I compare the objectivity in reporting and commentary of MSNBC with Fox News, the difference is stunning.
IMO, with the exception of PBS (a non-profit), MSNBC has the most knowledgeable and objective reporters and commentators.
I do recognize that News Media in the past was usually a financial burden to the broadcast or publishing companies. It was more of a public service, which is actually required by law. Every news media was required to devote a certain amount of time on government issues of public concern.
With the advent of cable and the much larger market it was inevitable that in order to maintain a profitable market share, almost all News Media now employ a form of entertainment and pathos to increase audiences.
And as Trump is a natural TV personality through his TV show The Apprentice, he was able to manipulate his popularity by getting free time, for any of his outrageous claims and antics. He was a money maker for every News Medium that wanted to increase their ratings.
Oh a little news flash, Trump has started his own News Broadcast on Facebook. God help us all! (and I’m an atheist)

Never mind.

If I compare the objectivity in reporting and commentary of MSNBC with Fox News, the difference is stunning. IMO, with the exception of PBS (a non-profit), MSNBC has the most knowledgeable and objective reporters and commentators. I do recognize that News Media in the past was usually a financial burden to the broadcast or publishing companies. It was more of a public service, which is actually required by law. Every news media was required to devote a certain amount of time on government issues of public concern. With the advent of cable and the much larger market it was inevitable that in order to maintain a profitable market share, almost all News Media now employ a form of entertainment and pathos to increase audiences. And as Trump is a natural TV personality through his TV show The Apprentice, he was able to manipulate his popularity by getting free time, for any of his outrageous claims and antics. He was a money maker for every News Medium that wanted to increase their ratings. Oh a little news flash, Trump has started his own News Broadcast on Facebook. God help us all! (and I'm an atheist)
Which is the real thing to be concerned about, the desire to sell news in the end is not compatible with presenting objective and unbiased reporting. I also think that Fox News is a troubling example of this. Comedians like Stephen Colbert made fun of the shock effect that Fox "News" constantly tries to achieve with it viewers, making fun of Bill O'Reilly's shock journalism with his "Threat Down." Remember how scary BEARS! are. Even Fox eventually got rid of totally ridiculous purveyors of this like Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin but much of the damage is already done. How many people refused to vote for Clinton due to years of being told just how dangerous Democrats were based on this highly skewed form of "journalism". If Obama was even close to being the evil overlord the Fox network painted him as for years then the US would no longer exist and it certainly wouldn't have been able to remove him from power through an election. It also created a ready audience for outright liars like trump who claimed for years that Obama wasn't even born in America based on nothing more than rumors created by people who were offended that a black man had become president. Trump as president was made entirely possible by how detached from reality much of the reporting in the US has become, but the worst offenders are on the far right and Breitbart is the worst of that not even caring to conceal the deeply racist aspects of the journal. In fact it takes pride in being the meeting group for the alt-right - which is just another for ugly old racism. Trump condemns most media he doesn't control as being "fake" news, but the critical factor to understand is that almost everything that trump communicates is meant to deceive not inform. Everything trump says is entirely based on the evidence about 5% of the time and entirely devoid of evidence about 15% with a heavy focus to being mostly false almost 70% of the time. That could only be possible by intent. Trump "news" is in fact the Big Lie.
If I compare the objectivity in reporting and commentary of MSNBC with Fox News, the difference is stunning. IMO, with the exception of PBS (a non-profit), MSNBC has the most knowledgeable and objective reporters and commentators. I do recognize that News Media in the past was usually a financial burden to the broadcast or publishing companies. It was more of a public service, which is actually required by law. Every news media was required to devote a certain amount of time on government issues of public concern. With the advent of cable and the much larger market it was inevitable that in order to maintain a profitable market share, almost all News Media now employ a form of entertainment and pathos to increase audiences. And as Trump is a natural TV personality through his TV show The Apprentice, he was able to manipulate his popularity by getting free time, for any of his outrageous claims and antics. He was a money maker for every News Medium that wanted to increase their ratings. Oh a little news flash, Trump has started his own News Broadcast on Facebook. God help us all! (and I'm an atheist)
Which is the real thing to be concerned about, the desire to sell news in the end is not compatible with presenting objective and unbiased reporting. I also think that Fox News is a troubling example of this. Comedians like Stephen Colbert made fun of the shock effect that Fox "News" constantly tries to achieve with it viewers, making fun of Bill O'Reilly's shock journalism with his "Threat Down." Remember how scary BEARS! are. Even Fox eventually got rid of totally ridiculous purveyors of this like Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin but much of the damage is already done. How many people refused to vote for Clinton due to years of being told just how dangerous Democrats were based on this highly skewed form of "journalism". If Obama was even close to being the evil overlord the Fox network painted him as for years then the US would no longer exist and it certainly wouldn't have been able to remove him from power through an election. It also created a ready audience for outright liars like trump who claimed for years that Obama wasn't even born in America based on nothing more than rumors created by people who were offended that a black man had become president. Trump as president was made entirely possible by how detached from reality much of the reporting in the US has become, but the worst offenders are on the far right and Breitbart is the worst of that not even caring to conceal the deeply racist aspects of the journal. In fact it takes pride in being the meeting group for the alt-right - which is just another for ugly old racism. Trump condemns most media he doesn't control as being "fake" news, but the critical factor to understand is that almost everything that trump communicates is meant to deceive not inform. Everything trump says is entirely based on the evidence about 5% of the time and entirely devoid of evidence about 15% with a heavy focus to being mostly false almost 70% of the time. That could only be possible by intent. Trump "news" is in fact the Big Lie. I could not agree more.
All media is in transition, it's not dying.The transition already happened, and MSM has no place in the new media world.
Bannon didn't find a growing audience, he created a platform for the worst that society has to offer. Turning Breitbart into a vehicle for white supremacists has nothing to do with providing genuine journalism for an audience that wants the facts. It's there to send out constant dog whistles for extremists, nothing more.
Leave out White Supremacists and the same could be said of MSM.
If I compare the objectivity in reporting and commentary of MSNBC with Fox News, the difference is stunning. IMO, with the exception of PBS (a non-profit), MSNBC has the most knowledgeable and objective reporters and commentators.
MSNBC is clearly leftist. Here's an interesting study on MSNBC from Pew: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffbercovici/2013/03/18/pew-study-finds-msnbc-the-most-opinionated-cable-news-channel-by-far/#2b67f1995f8c
If I compare the objectivity in reporting and commentary of MSNBC with Fox News, the difference is stunning. IMO, with the exception of PBS (a non-profit), MSNBC has the most knowledgeable and objective reporters and commentators.
MSNBC is clearly leftist. Here's an interesting study on MSNBC from Pew: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffbercovici/2013/03/18/pew-study-finds-msnbc-the-most-opinionated-cable-news-channel-by-far/#2b67f1995f8c Define leftist and how this leads to telling lies? Is GW a "leftist issue"? I don't hear much about that except denial from the "rightist" crowd. And as far as offering opinions. The people offering opinions are knowledgeable on the subject. Is that a disqualifier?
The transition already happened, and MSM has no place in the new media world.
The media has no place in the media world? I don't think I need to point out how meaningless that statement is. What you are really saying is as far as you're concerned that like trump you are entirely opposed to media that you can't control.
Leave out White Supremacists and the same could be said of MSM.
See my thread on how the NRA is acting in openly attacking the right of the New York Times to even accurately report on the huge numbers of gun deaths in Chicago. It's not dog whistle to state in clear terms that guns being manufactured and sold by US corporations are being used to kill thousands of Americans every year. It is to engage in the kind of insane, "all liberals are evil" nonsense that comes out of Fox News, and has been echoed by you and a few others here. The level of bias and the distortion of reality on the part those on the center left of the spectrum doesn't compare in the slightest with what is happening on the extreme right. For one thing there isn't the money being made available for responsible media by the kind of foundations that have been working since the early 1970s to rewrite society itself in the US. Show me where there are liberal commentators like Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck or Donald Trump himself. Trump for years lied about Barak Obama not even being American not because he had facts to back up his claims or that he was working in the interests of providing important information that could better inform citizens of the US in their interests. It was pure dog whistle to racists and extremists in the US that he was their kind of guy and when the time came if they supported him they could count on him to put into practice their hate based beliefs. And that is much of the difference between many other media platforms and organizations like Fox News and Breitbart. They are not largely hate based, but Fox News and Breitbart are. You just have to look at the kind of commentators they have allowed, some have been removed due to how extreme their actions and beliefs are. Even Bill O'Reilly is gone from Fox and we are learning just how hostile the environment there was to women and minorities under Roger Ailes. Breitbart finally got rid of one of its editors that orchestrated an online stalking of black actress Leslie Jones that include multiple death threats. I get that you're totally opposed to respect for the facts or other people, otherwise you wouldn't be supporting trump or posting most of the stuff you do. I don't even think you're American or have a clue what real freedom and democracy is. You strike me as some Russian disinformation puke which I've already posted before. Which means all you're really here to do is cause as much chaos as possible. So I couldn't care less what you think...
DougC said, I don’t even think you’re American or have a clue what real freedom and democracy is. You strike me as some Russian disinformation puke which I’ve already posted before. Which means all you’re really here to do is cause as much chaos as possible. So I couldn’t care less what you think…
I could not agree more. This person obviously has never read the US Constitution and Bill of Rights. One of the greatest living documents ever written. p.s. From the link above
Not coincidentally, MSNBC also spends by far the least producing its news: some $240 million in 2012, according to an estimate by SNL Kagan.
Because it offers in-depth analysis on a few subjects of importance to the public. And they have an efficient model.
CNN spent $682 million.
they are indeed a large and balanced world-wide news organization.
while Fox led the pack with an outlay of $820 million.
Yep, the millionaires club, which spouts trash on the same subjects as MSNBC but with alternate truths and slanderous content. Beltane, you and I don't belong to that club, much as you want to be part of it. You're just a pawn and will be discarded when you have done your dirty work, while the billionaires smoke their cigars in the ($200,000 membership) white man's golf club. Yes Trump just increased his Mara Lago membership to 200,000. Neat deal for a President to make a profit on his influential government position. But the separation of powers still holds by restricting Trumps dictatorial powers, in spite of the incomprehensible Citizens United ruling by SCOTUS.

Well said W4U.
The US is not perfect, but the potential for real freedom and an open and just society contained in the US Constitution still remains unchallenged by any other nation I think.
And the tradition of excellent and highly objective media in the US is still alive and well, it just has to compete with the hate filled rhetoric that is effectively being paid for by just a few Americans and others who want to re-pattern the US in their image.
The US has produced great journalists like Edward Murrow, Walter Cronkite, Bob Woodward, Robert MacNeil, Jim Lehrer and so many more who helped define what modern media is. That isn’t dead, that is alive and well.
Despite what people who clearly want to deceive and enslave others would like us to believe.
Even some of those on the right of the political spectrum understand the power of separation of government and real cooperation of elected members of Congress in the interests of the people like Senator John McCain.
He’s not talking about one way of thinking or living being allowed to dominate everyone in the US, He’s talking about real democracy being put to work in the interests of all Americans, not the nut job hot heads who want to destroy the nation. Or the takeover of the executive branch to feed the ego of someone who represents none of the real values that America is based on.