Mainstream Media Inanity

If I compare the objectivity in reporting and commentary of MSNBC with Fox News, the difference is stunning. IMO, with the exception of PBS (a non-profit), MSNBC has the most knowledgeable and objective reporters and commentators.
MSNBC is clearly leftist. Here's an interesting study on MSNBC from Pew: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffbercovici/2013/03/18/pew-study-finds-msnbc-the-most-opinionated-cable-news-channel-by-far/#2b67f1995f8c Define leftist and how this leads to telling lies? Is GW a "leftist issue"? I don't hear much about that except denial from the "rightist" crowd.I'm sure you know what leftist means; its a bias, and bias leads to inaccuracy.
And as far as offering opinions. The people offering opinions are knowledgeable on the subject. Is that a disqualifier?
Not necessarily, but if the content is mostly opinion - which MSNBC is - it becomes less reliable as a news source.
The transition already happened, and MSM has no place in the new media world.
The media has no place in the media world? I don't think I need to point out how meaningless that statement is.Reread my post, I said MSM has no place in the new media world.
What you are really saying is as far as you're concerned that like trump you are entirely opposed to media that you can't control.
I can't control any media, and neither can Trump. Carlos Slim, Jeff Bezos, Ted Turner, and Brian Roberts are the people who can control media - because they own it.
Show me where there are liberal commentators like Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck or Donald Trump himself. Trump for years lied about Barak Obama not even being American not because he had facts to back up his claims or that he was working in the interests of providing important information that could better inform citizens of the US in their interests.
Rachel Maddow Keith Olberman The Young Turks Sally Kohn Arianna Huffington Ezra Klein At best these individuals could be described as commentators who take their opinions serious
If I compare the objectivity in reporting and commentary of MSNBC with Fox News, the difference is stunning. IMO, with the exception of PBS (a non-profit), MSNBC has the most knowledgeable and objective reporters and commentators.
MSNBC is clearly leftist. Here's an interesting study on MSNBC from Pew: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffbercovici/2013/03/18/pew-study-finds-msnbc-the-most-opinionated-cable-news-channel-by-far/#2b67f1995f8c
Ah Forbes is a reliable news source. By your definition it cannot be considered MSM, so would you call it ASM?
Define leftist and how this leads to telling lies? Is GW a "leftist issue"? I don't hear much about that except denial from the "rightist" crowd.
I'm sure you know what leftist means; its a bias, and bias leads to inaccuracy.
So does ignorance of the issues as presented by the rightist bias.
And as far as offering opinions. The people offering opinions are knowledgeable on the subject. Is that a disqualifier?
Not necessarily, but if the content is mostly opinion - which MSNBC is - it becomes less reliable as a news source. Not if the commentary is based on reliable and verifiable news stories. Or are you now telling me Trump's tweets are unreliable news? They are in public view, how reliable can the news be. It's the reliability of the content of Trump's news that's is under scrutiny.
MSNBC is clearly leftist. Here's an interesting study on MSNBC from Pew: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffbercovici/2013/03/18/pew-study-finds-msnbc-the-most-opinionated-cable-news-channel-by-far/#2b67f1995f8c
Ah Forbes is a reliable news source. By your definition it cannot be considered MSM, so would you call it ASM?
Define leftist and how this leads to telling lies? Is GW a "leftist issue"? I don't hear much about that except denial from the "rightist" crowd.
I'm sure you know what leftist means; its a bias, and bias leads to inaccuracy.
So does ignorance of the issues as presented by the rightist bias.
Not necessarily, but if the content is mostly opinion - which MSNBC is - it becomes less reliable as a news source. Not if the commentary is based on reliable and verifiable news stories. Or are you now telling me Trump's tweets are unreliable news? They are in public view, how reliable can the news be. It's the reliability of the content of Trump's news that's is under scrutiny.Commentary is inherently biased, it shouldn't be a substitute for news. Suit yourself anyway. I'm not interested in trying to convince anybody to watch some other junk media. spamblock