Looks like all we Americans should move to New Hampshire

California not doing so well.

Lois

Maybe I’ll move to Hawaii. I can’t move to New Hampshire until the do something about their snow/cold problem. Lol!

Maybe I'll move to Hawaii. I can't move to New Hampshire until the do something about their snow/cold problem. Lol!
I know. Most of the he best places to live have bad weather. I guess the best thing to do is go to a place like New Hampshire from May to September, then to a warm climate for October to April. Lois
Maybe I'll move to Hawaii. I can't move to New Hampshire until the do something about their snow/cold problem. Lol!
I know. Most of the he best places to live have bad weather. I guess the best thing to do is go to a place like New Hampshire from May to September, then to a warm climate for October to April. LoisMaybe this is far-fetched, but northern countries seem to be better off too in general. I wonder if this is due to this: when it's cold outside, you tend to stay inside. And that's tends to get you to read and learn more. When the weather is much warmer you tend to be outside more and emphasize physical or mental. And when you're smarter (in general of course) your community/city/state/country does better.

Most of the southern countries have been colonies and thus had their economies and cultures disrupted. Not so for the northern countries. Our south had entrenched slavery and were very rural, even the rural northern areas like the Dakotas are behind, but the south more so because of the social conditions.

I know. Most of the he best places to live have bad weather. I guess the best thing to do is go to a place like New Hampshire from May to September, then to a warm climate for October to April. LoisMaybe this is far-fetched, but northern countries seem to be better off too in general. I wonder if this is due to this: when it's cold outside, you tend to stay inside. And that's tends to get you to read and learn more. When the weather is much warmer you tend to be outside more and emphasize physical or mental. And when you're smarter (in general of course) your community/city/state/country does better. There is something to be said for that. Nearly all scientific discoveries were made in temperate climates. Lois

Looked at the comments section for the lulz, so many accusations of racism.

I know. Most of the he best places to live have bad weather. I guess the best thing to do is go to a place like New Hampshire from May to September, then to a warm climate for October to April. LoisMaybe this is far-fetched, but northern countries seem to be better off too in general. I wonder if this is due to this: when it's cold outside, you tend to stay inside. And that's tends to get you to read and learn more. When the weather is much warmer you tend to be outside more and emphasize physical or mental. And when you're smarter (in general of course) your community/city/state/country does better.Thats partly correct, but the main reason is that evolution has selected for higher intelligence and conscientiousness in colder climates.
I hear you, asanta. I don't like cold, snow, and ice. I don't like tornadoes either, but they don't stick around as long as cold, snow, and ice.
Thats partly correct, but the main reason is that evolution has selected for higher intelligence and conscientiousness in colder climates.
>:( Here we go again, NO, evolution did NOT select for 'higher intelligence and conscientiousness' in colder climates. Central America, Africa and Asian countries had cultures that rivaled European culture. I went through this BS argument with George and I really don't feel like I should have to go through it yet again.
Thats partly correct, but the main reason is that evolution has selected for higher intelligence and conscientiousness in colder climates.
>:( Here we go again, NO, evolution did NOT select for 'higher intelligence and conscientiousness' in colder climates. Central America, Africa and Asian countries had cultures that rivaled European culture. I went through this BS argument with George and I really don't feel like I should have to go through it yet again.You don't feel like it because you don't have anything substantial to say. Sub Saharan Africa never had jack shit, Central America was nothing compared compared to Europe, and the only Asian contenders are in temperate Asia, and they also lag behind.
>:( Here we go again, NO, evolution did NOT select for 'higher intelligence and conscientiousness' in colder climates. Central America, Africa and Asian countries had cultures that rivaled European culture. I went through this BS argument with George and I really don't feel like I should have to go through it yet again.You don't feel like it because you don't have anything substantial to say. Sub Saharan Africa never had jack shit, Central America was nothing compared compared to Europe, and the only Asian contenders are in temperate Asia, and they also lag behind. Actually, Africa once did and was once very involved with trade and made ships to trade with. This of course was before the African governments started selling/trading various tribal people. The countries went down after that crap started. Yes, they sold their own people into slavery.
northern countries seem to be better off too in general.
Northern countries have only been better off, in the sense that we are discussing, since the beginning of the colonial era. It makes sense that they would have been better off since then, given their particular rank in the colonial relationship.
Our south had entrenched slavery and were very rural,
Yes, and the North profited greatly from it.
Nearly all scientific discoveries were made in temperate climates.
What about the wheel? This notion is based upon a very nearsighted view of history. Sticking to the specific time span you are considering, remember that Isaac Newton and Charles Darwin grew up in very nice houses. How could a slave would have been able to make such scientific discoveries? A silver spoon can work wonders.
the main reason is that evolution has selected for higher intelligence and conscientiousness in colder climates.
Civilization has existed in colder climates for how long? Civilizations in warm weather climates in the Middle East and North Africa spanned how long?!
Central America, Africa and Asian countries had cultures that rivaled European culture.
Yes, and last I checked it gets pretty cold down in Patagonia and in Johannesburg. And it gets pretty darned hot in Valencia. :lol:
I know. Most of the he best places to live have bad weather. I guess the best thing to do is go to a place like New Hampshire from May to September, then to a warm climate for October to April. LoisMaybe this is far-fetched, but northern countries seem to be better off too in general. I wonder if this is due to this: when it's cold outside, you tend to stay inside. And that's tends to get you to read and learn more. When the weather is much warmer you tend to be outside more and emphasize physical or mental. And when you're smarter (in general of course) your community/city/state/country does better. Are you implying that Sarah Palin was a real book worm? :-P