Look how far I've come!

From the womb into the arms of my loving parents. Playing with my sibling & friends. My first adventure to kindergarten and through the halls and corridors of junior and high school, and college. Onto the streets, the churches, pool halls, bars, prisons, and jobs. All the while enjoying or displeased with relationships - women and men, black and white, secure and insecure . Living the life of living the life, and through it all learning to know it doesn’t matter the heights nor depths I reach mentally, materially, or religiously, I will one day be forced to stand still and see how far I’m come to get back where I started.
Who will not end up back in the invisible from whence they came?
Julius Fann, Jr
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Naeo0KMXgxs/We9KNxAAw2I/AAAAAAAADTc/t41DifUSRLwQ3gaDdOamqHUjgntlhHLfwCJoC/w530-h530-n-rw/only+you.jpg

I liked this and was writing up a light hearted comment, then I sidetracked to look up ‘Julius Fann, Jr’ which took me right to your blog and there your writing and intent lost me.
Kilt my commenting mood, so I let it be and tippytoed off.

From the womb into the arms of my loving parents. Playing with my sibling & friends. My first adventure to kindergarten and through the halls and corridors of junior and high school, and college. Onto the streets, the churches, pool halls, bars, prisons, and jobs. All the while enjoying or displeased with relationships - women and men, black and white, secure and insecure . Living the life of living the life, and through it all learning to know it doesn't matter the heights nor depths I reach mentally, materially, or religiously, I will one day be forced to stand still and see how far I'm come to get back where I started. Who will not end up back in the invisible from whence they came?
Still it resonated because I started reading Narcissus and Goldmund by Hermann Hesse again, my first readings being in my early 20s, now I'm in my early 60s so it's been an interesting fun read. Your paragraph does a good job of describing the theme of the story way better than a couple sad shallow critiques I'd read recently, or at least it's the key to understanding Narcissus and what Herman Hesse was trying to touch on. Then a couple days ago we saw Victoria and Abdul, awesome film, incredible story, amazing man that I can relate to, (someone who resonates within me) - so it turned into a deeply captivating movie for me myself and I. Afterwards, your quote came to mind again. It resonates within Abdul's story.
Victoria and Abdul: The Truth About the Queen’s Controversial Relationship by JULIE MILLER SEPTEMBER 22, 2017 The film adaptation, out in theaters Friday, stars Judi Dench and Ali Fazal. https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/09/queen-victoria-and-abdul-real-story
One early Abdul Karim journal entry, per The Telegraph: “This is the journal of my life at the court of Queen Victoria from the Golden Jubilee of 1887 to the Diamond Jubilee of 1897," wrote Karim. “I’ve been but a sojourner in a strange land and among a strange people. . . . While I record my life I cannot but call to mind the many honours which have fallen to my lot and all through the great goodness of Her Majesty. I pray to the Almighty for the richest blessings to be showered down on our good Queen Empress."
Though after looking at your blog I suspect what I'm reading in your words is somewhat different from what you were intended.
I liked this and was writing up a light hearted comment, then I sidetracked to look up 'Julius Fann, Jr' which took me right to your blog and there your writing and intent lost me. Kilt my commenting mood, so I let it be and tippytoed off.
Having read JF Jr earlier, I didn't bother responding. I agree, the sentiment is the right one, but, knowing jufa, I'm suspicious of what comes next. As you know, I read the Bible. You'll find the same stuff there, "you must lose your life to gain it" stuff. If you interpret that as "stop chasing riches and worldly possessions and live for adding more compassion to the world", then you're golden, you are on the path to fulfillment. But that's not what that's about, it's about giving up your ability to think for yourself and doing what some long hair guy in the forest says. It continues to this day, the last question I asked to my wife's pastor, he said something about how Jesus turns the world upside down. He was short on details. I didn't bother following up because I know you have to agree on what's wrong with the world and agree not to argue about what solutions are handed to you. I didn't bother pointing out that Jesus was speaking against the preachers who were making deals with the power brokers, just like this guy is doing. He's no Joel Osteen, but he tows the company line to keep his job.

Oh, but, don’t forget the are also more liars that will be blaring nonsense propaganda at the masses.
Seems to me if you had truth on your side,
you should be able to embrace and engage my comment with an interesting informative response,
instead you offer a bromide.
That is not the way of a genuine thinker?
Oh and since you brought up George Orwell, for those unfamiliar with the great man and where his writing sprang from here’s a must see documentary.

George Orwell: A Life in Pictures Full Documentary Posted on YouTube Dec 27, 2015 by Albion Noise https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6txpumkY5I George Orwell: A Life in Pictures is a 2003 BBC Television docudrama telling the life story of the British author George Orwell. Chris Langham plays the part of Orwell. No surviving sound recordings or video of the real George Orwell have been found. Awards: International Emmy 2004 for Best Arts Programme Grierson Award 2004 for Best Documentary on the Arts
One reason I found it especially fascinating, in a very depressingly clarifying sort of way, is the way he explains Americans easy acquiescence to totalitarian thinking and submitting to obvious criminals.

I liked this and was writing up a light hearted comment, then I sidetracked to look up 'Julius Fann, Jr' which took me right to your blog and there your writing and intent lost me. Kilt my commenting mood, so I let it be and tippytoed off.
Having read JF Jr earlier, I didn't bother responding. I agree, the sentiment is the right one, but, knowing jufa, I'm suspicious of what comes next. As you know, I read the Bible. You'll find the same stuff there, "you must lose your life to gain it" stuff. If you interpret that as "stop chasing riches and worldly possessions and live for adding more compassion to the world", then you're golden, you are on the path to fulfillment. But that's not what that's about, it's about giving up your ability to think for yourself and doing what some long hair guy in the forest says. It continues to this day, the last question I asked to my wife's pastor, he said something about how Jesus turns the world upside down. He was short on details. I didn't bother following up because I know you have to agree on what's wrong with the world and agree not to argue about what solutions are handed to you. I didn't bother pointing out that Jesus was speaking against the preachers who were making deals with the power brokers, just like this guy is doing. He's no Joel Osteen, but he tows the company line to keep his job. Spot on. Guess my commenting is an indication of how desperate I am for some intelligent constructive conversation. Like where is everyone. Our country is under a sustained existential threat by oligarchs who "Just want their fair share - ALL OF IT" and no one wants to get together and discuss serious things. Pathetic and tragic doesn't get close to describing it.
Like where is everyone. Our country is under a sustained existential threat by oligarchs who "Just want their fair share - ALL OF IT" and no one wants to get together and discuss serious things. Pathetic and tragic doesn't get close to describing it.
I've never been much for small talk. Nor have I ever understood how people say the most important thing in their life is their faith, but they are unwilling to talk it about except when they are with people who agree with them. This latest surge of women coming forward to talk about their assaults by older more powerful men should be a clue to how the world changes. It stayed the same for so long because we didn't talk it. We literally told them it was better to shut up.