Liar is as Liar Does - Trump Adm. Ditches Equal Pay Rule

Ditches Equal Pay Rule The Obama-era provision was meant to help address the gender pay gap that the president’s daughter has claimed to care about. By Emily Peck - 08/30/2017 http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ivanka-trump-white-house-equal-pay_us_59a6c33be4b063ae34da471f Days after issuing a bland statement supporting women’s equality, the Trump administration halted a key equal pay initiative on Tuesday put in place by the Obama administration. The scrapped provision would have required employers to report aggregate information on how much they pay workers ― broken down by gender, race and ethnicity ― and would have been a critical first step in figuring out the scope of the pay gap at different companies. … Ivanka Trump, who speaks frequently about the importance of equal pay for women and who promised last summer that her father feels similarly, issued a statement supporting the move. “Ultimately, while I believe the intention was good and agree that pay transparency is important, the proposed policy would not yield the intended results," Trump said on Tuesday. “We look forward to continuing to work with [Equal Employment Opportunity Commission], [the Office of Management and Budget], Congress and all relevant stakeholders on robust policies aimed at eliminating the gender wage gap." (Ivanka Trump) offered no further explanation for the administration’s action or her endorsement of it. Women’s groups universally decried the move. …
:long:

Excellent news. I was unaware this stupid rule required info on race and ethnicity as well; good riddance to that BS.
For the record, there is a very small gender pay gap which is not caused by widespread discrimination, but women’s lifestyle factors.

Excellent news. I was unaware this stupid rule required info on race and ethnicity as well; good riddance to that BS. For the record, there is a very small gender pay gap which is not caused by widespread discrimination, but women's lifestyle factors. http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/04/03/gender-pay-gap-facts/
Broken promises are broken promises. I was simply pointing out your team is made up of habitual liars - and you seem okay with that. I recon hatred of others makes a lot of craziness inevitable.
Excellent news. I was unaware this stupid rule required info on race and ethnicity as well; good riddance to that BS. For the record, there is a very small gender pay gap which is not caused by widespread discrimination, but women's lifestyle factors. http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/04/03/gender-pay-gap-facts/
Broken promises are broken promises. I was simply pointing out your team is made up of habitual liars - and you seem okay with that. I recon hatred of others makes a lot of craziness inevitable. What did Trump promise that has to do with this?

Why not do some of your own homework

How Ivanka Trump’s RNC Promises to Women Compare to the Republicans’ Actual Platform Valentina Zarya - Jul 25, 2016 http://fortune.com/2016/07/25/ivanka-donald-trump-rnc-women/ Speaking at the Republican National Convention last week, Donald Trump's eldest daughter delivered a speech that laid out what her father has done for women during the course of his career—and what he would do for women if he were to be elected president. She said that the GOP nominee would "fight" for equal pay, affordable childcare and other policies to support working women. We've heard a lot about these issues from Trump's Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton, but what has Trump—and the Republican party he represents—had to say about them? The "issue" page on Trump's campaign website makes no mention of the issues that affect women in the workforce. Neither does the GOP's official 2016 party platform. On equal pay: "Politicians talk about wage equality, but my father has made it a practice at his company throughout his entire career. He will fight for equal pay for equal work, and I will fight for this too, right along side of him," Ivanka Trump said in Cleveland. ...