Lao Tzu

What does this have to do with Trump? You have just convinced me that you are not interested in this topic, not going to answer my questions, and most likely you have no real opinion on the quote you made. You just throw stuff out when it pleases and hope you don’t get called on to explain what you meant.

What does this have to do with Trump? - Lausten
Chinese philosophy has everything to do with all aspects of our daily life. It is wholistic, and the anti-thesis of scientism of the west. It is nothing like western philosophy that is treated as a specialized academic discipline that has nothing to do with politics and far removed from how we relate with each other in society. Consequently, our fragmented mind sees the fabric of life as a bunch of dots that no one knows how they are connected.

Let Lao Tsu connect the dots for you. If you view Trump as a dictatorial demon, then you ought to realize that he came out of Hell when our republic was formed in 1776. Government is force, not reason or laws; it’s force. George Washington said that. And the justification public officials have in the use of force against ordinary citizens is to protect and serve the republic as originally conceived.

Sree, you’re a troll. You contribute nothing to this forum. /

He’s desperate for conversation.

Lord forgive him, he know not what he says.

He’s desperate for conversation. - citizen
I am ALONE. As such, I don't converse. I bounce ideas off people.

Conversation is for people who are not ALONE.

sree said;

I am ALONE. As such, I don’t converse. I bounce ideas off people. Conversation is for people who are not ALONE.

I know where you’re coming from. I often used to make probing statements that appear to be declarative and only leaves the reader the option to ignore the post or respond as has been demonstrated above. If I may suggest to pose your ideas as questions rather than as definitive statements, you may get more responsive answers.

Let Lao Tsu connect the dots for you. If you view Trump as a dictatorial demon, then you ought to realize that he came out of Hell when our republic was formed in 1776. Government is force, not reason or laws; it’s force. George Washington said that. And the justification public officials have in the use of force against ordinary citizens is to protect and serve the republic as originally conceived.
Instead of suggesting to read Lao Tsu, quote a pertinent passage and ask what people think of that. You may even offer your interpretation but make it tentative rather than declarative.

I’m sure that you will get much better “conversations” with other posters and won’t feel so alone…

‘’The reason why the universe is eternal is that
it does not live for itself, it gives life to others as it transforms’’
/ Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching /
This eternal ability can have the infinite Cosmic Vacuum.

. I want you to understand this …

. But first - Do never talk about that … which you don’t know, friend …

. Lao Tzu is one of those few masters who have tried to say the truth as accurately as it is humanly possible. He has made tremendous effort to bring the inexpressible to the world of expression, to bring the wordless experience within the confinement of small words.The words we know are mundane; they are meant for ordinary day-to-day use. And the experience that happens in absolute silence is absolutely beyond them. But still it has to be expressed — if not expressed, at least hinted at.Lao Tzu’s words are fingers pointing to the moon. Don’t cling to the fingers. Forget the fingers and look at the moon, and great insight will descend upon you.
There is no other scripture like the TAO TE CHING for the simple reason that each single word in it is immensely pregnant, not only with the unknown but also with the unknowable. Words have been used only as indicators, milestones showing the way, telling you to go ahead, not to stop there.

. One of the greatest sayings of Lao Tzu is: The most beautiful company is when you can be with someone as if you are alone. See the insight of Lao Tzu: … when you can be with someone as if you are alone, when he allows you so much silence and so much freedom that you are absolutely alone, as if actually alone. His presence is not a hindrance; his presence, in fact, enhances your aloneness, enriches your aloneness.

. If we wish to understand Lao Tzu, we shall have to set aside our mode of thinking. If we approach Lao Tzu with our view-point, our words, our preconceived notions, it will be difficult to decide whether he is right or not. Set aside your views and concepts. Then only will you understand him. Then you shall be able to judge whether he is right or wrong, but not before that. Just to comprehend is an obstacle because our manner of thinking is one thing and Lao Tzu’s is just the opposite. It is as if we discern things by our sense of touch whereas he uses his eyes and sees Or as if we use our eyes and he uses his ears. Then the language becomes different.