In Defense of Women

My sister sent me a text asking why I was sending this to Democrats, rather than opponents of Women’s Rights?
Fortunately I had just finished answering that question in an introduction for a blog post I was building to advertise this GoFundMe project. She doesn’t know that this GFM project is an outgrowth of me wanting to ask my sibs to kick in a little, but I hate asking for money, so I wanted to be less direct, and this came to mind.

Why I think it deserves some support? Well, because

I believe there are too many misinformed individuals out there, and that Democrats need to work harder at gaining and sharing basic solid information and arguments.

It would help enable the choir to become more persuasive in our regular interactions and discussions with people, friends, & family. After all, if we aren’t changing minds, we are losing.

I believe that the better we can verbalize the issues, the easier it is to engage and stand up for justice. The better our chances to help evolve people’s thinking on issues that matter.*

I’ve taken that challenge personally and produced this “In Defense of Women” summary concise enough to fit onto a postcard. No envelope for better visibility and hopefully to encourage sharing.

My dream is that someday our society can learn to acknowledge that it’s the mother who, above all others, possesses the situational awareness, along with the moral, ethical, and legal standing to decide the future of the growing fetus within herself.

1 Like

Oh and so far I’ve found two typos. ( ."?) and another missing question mark.

Perhaps others can find any more grammatical or typographical errors?

Please do share.

I should know better than to use the word final in anything I write. I deliberately repeated some lines on the postcard, because I had the space and thought it worth repeating.

But, when it came time to write a letter to the editor of our local weekly, I trimmed out all the repetition and wrote a 213 word edition, that I like and that feels more appropriate than the repetition. Now I’ve decided that the remaining unaddressed 500 postcard will be dedication to politicians, because talking points are still worth repeating, they have their function.

Now I’m hoping to eventually get enough support on GoFundMe, for another printing of a thousand of something looking closer to this version.

In Defense of Women

Dear Editor,

Birth & death are part and parcel of our human condition. They can’t be moralized out of existence. A pregnancy is never a guarantee. This isn’t about the fate of the embryo. This is about who has the most “situationally” awareness and who has the most realistic ethical moral ‘Standing’ to make that fateful decision.

A fetus certainly is human, but it’s a potentiality, a person in the making, the fetus doesn’t take on the mantle of personhood until those first breaths of life-giving air start infusing its lungs, arteries and tissues with oxygen.

In a free society, legally speaking, shouldn’t a woman deserve the Right to Her Own Self-Defense - along with Sovereignty Over Her Own Body?

Why wouldn’t a just society clearly acknowledge: “A woman’s life is more precious to her existing family, and to society, than an unborn potentiality.”?

Life can force impossible situations upon people, who are we to judge them? Why not some compassion for the most difficult decision in a person’s life.

It is significant that abortion is as old as civilization, even Jewish scripture presents the Abrahamic God’s perspective on the crisis in a forgiving humane manner.

Entrust the woman with the responsibility of making their own best informed choices about their own pregnancies.

Thank you,

It’s a little frustrating, I have near 500 addressed ready to go, but for the postage. On the bright side, in the next day or 2, I’ll be purchasing a couple hundred stamps and get those into the mail.
Keep thee eye’s on the prize, slow and steady as she goes. :v: :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Update 2/28/24

:bouquet: :cowboy_hat_face:

======================================
allow me a digression

dadadada,
have you ever thought about the concept of us people doing the best we can with what we have?

I mean, it’s like, who are you to being going around b slapping everyone for not having your concerns?
Where do you get off vilifying us for avoiding a horror we can’t do anything about? That’s f’n nuts, but you do it all the time. And on top of it, you think you’re morally superior - that’s such a joke. Maybe a few years of hard knocks will help you wise up. Good luck.

Me, I’m nearing 69 of a pretty intensive introspective active life, having struggled with the questions as much as anyone has, and lived a life that put me out there with no safety net. Many times during younger decades I had to reappraise who I was vs. what others were telling me, and also come to terms with what a jerk I could be, but also recognizing the good enough to embrace it move and in it’s directions because that’s the lifestyle I was after, with room to breath. Eventually realizing how some of my “worser aspects” aspects were intimately related to some of my “best” and learning to appreciate the dance, the dynamic chaotic pattern that’s always revolving around a solid attractor. Now my … never mind. …

Guess I just want you to know what “eye’s” I’m looking at you with. Of course, Lausten could be correct when he conjectures you’re simply an AI projection. I’ll leave my options open until more evidence forces a readjustment.

That’s the good-faith constructive scientific approach, I learned to love at an early age. Don’t need to be a scientist to make it the core of one’s moral and ethical standards

I’d rather suggest thoughts and ideas to people and right here and now I’m simply trying to help a few memes go viral, all by my f’n self because everyone else is too preoccupied with their particular battles. You know the way of the world. We learn to eat our own frustrations. Get up, look around, reassess given information gathered, keeping an eye to the prize and keep on going.

:bouquet:

Getting ready for the county Democratic Assembly.
It’s a futile gesture no doubt, but it’s still a gesture worth engaging it.

Something about to hold without clinging . . .

Besides, to sing the song that comes from our heart, is a noble goal (effort) regardless, use what time you are given. It’s a shame that in these days the precinct Caucus has been eliminated and crammed into the Assembly in name only. After years of trying, it’s happened this year. The precinct caucus is a blast, meeting neighbors and making connections, being able to participate and engage, all the stuff that makes democracy fun. It encouraged community, now it’s regarded as antiquated and in the way.

So, this will be a somewhat depressing experience - but it’s still important to participate, work on hanging on to what we still have, because there are big forces who want to take to out all alway and lead us to a very dark place. But I digress, back to my itty bitty arena. Brother, you spare a dime. :v: :slightly_smiling_face:

Dear fellow Democrats, (La Plata County Democratic Caucus & Assembly)

I believe that for success Democrats must work harder at sharing basic solid information and arguments.

I believe that the better we can verbalize the issues, the easier it is to engage and stand up for justice. The better our chances to help evolve some people’s thinking on this issue of women’s legal health and reproductive rights.

I’ve taken that challenge personally and produced a postcard “In Defense of Women” - a summary concise enough to fit onto a postcard, no hiding in an envelope, and easy to pass along.

My dream is that someday our society can learn to acknowledge that it’s the women who, above all others, possesses the situational awareness, along with the moral, ethical, and legal standing to decide the future of the growing embryo within herself.

Currently I have a postcard advocacy effort going, sending out 1250 postcards, (500 posted and sent, 750 awaiting stamps) If I can find a little financial support, I’d love to print up another 1000 postcards, (this next run with no typos). Unfortunately at $0.53 per stamp that’s out of my reach, unless some like minded people decide to help me with the postage.

If you’re curious look up “In Defense of Women” postcard advocacy - https://gofund.me/d0738415
Thank you, Peter Miesler, email at citizenschallenge@gmail.com

In Defense of Women

Birth & death are part and parcel of our human condition. They can’t be moralized out of existence. A pregnancy is never a guarantee.

This isn’t about the fate of the embryo.

This is about who has the most realistic moral ‘Standing’ to decide. Does the ethical responsibility fall upon the woman with her greater situational awareness along with the burden of responsibility? Or upon strangers engaged in a religious political crusade?

An embryo certainly is human, but it’s a potentiality. A person in the making, realistically the embryo doesn’t take on the mantle of personhood until those first breaths of life-giving air start infusing its lungs, arteries and tissues with oxygen.

In a free society, legally speaking, shouldn’t a woman deserve the Right to Her Own Self-Defense - along with Sovereignty Over Her Own Body? Why wouldn’t a just society clearly acknowledge: “A woman’s life is more precious to her existing family, and to society, than an unborn potentiality.”?

Life can force impossible situations upon people, who are we to judge them? Why not some compassion for the most difficult decision in a person’s life.

It is significant that abortion is as old as civilization, even Jewish scripture presents the Abrahamic God’s perspective on the crisis in a forgiving humane manner. Entrust the woman with the responsibility of making the best informed choices about their own pregnancies.