I caused/predicted an electric barrier to stop working

<p style=“text-align: right;”><!–more–>Hi everyone, ok this is what happend to me years ago and i want to find some ansers… So i was waiting at a bus depo in kidderminster U.K. in the distance is Tesco superstore and a big carpark cars go in and out through two barrier gates and for some reason i zoomed my vision into a car barrier gate like binoculars but with tunnel vision i was stareing into space and i thort to myself any second now the gate will not open and a parking attendant will have to walk over and manually release the gate…few seconds later it happend right before my eyes, the attendant came out to let the car past the barrier, did i cause that event or predict it? Why does this happen? I just sat there afterwards thinking wow!</p>

Wow. Indeed.

Although, it just might have been a coincidence.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20120426-what-a-coincidence

The zooming part is part of we can focus on one thing and block out everything else. If you have ever hunted, or bird watched, you can experience this. The part about predicting something was most likely your mind having the experience then interpreting it. Your conscious mind is always a little behind your senses.

I was walking around in the dark on a few acres of woods that was part of a rental in college. I stepped out of brush on to a path that was no longer used but had been made by vehicles of some kind. Images in my mind formed of tractors and people logging, then I realized where I had just stepped. I didn’t “have a vision”, it’s just that my full awareness and consciousness took a millisecond to catch up to my physical reactions.

This is smacks of a “correlation might equal causation” circumstance, in my opinion.

Identifying the exact nature of a causal relationship would require either controlled experiments or proper statistical analysis, both of which need to be carefully designed.

Staring at parking barriers might also raise some suspicion, though the standards for that may be different in the U.K. compared to the U.S.

Staring at parking barriers might also raise some suspicion, though the standards for that may be different in the U.K. compared to the U.S.
Hey, if the US military can stare at goats, surely some Brits can stare at parking barriers. ;)

Especially in the name of Science.