How time flies when you're not paying attention

You’ll get a kick out of this. Worth watching through.
http://gizmodo.com/kids-reacting-to-an-old-cassette-walkman-is-wonderful-a-1562953596

I had no idea how hard we had it back in olden times.:slight_smile:

“Aw my grandpa has these!”

"Aw my grandpa has these!"
Yes, the best line in the clip. If you goto Gizmodo.com you'll find other similar video clips, one about a dial phone. And one where several older adults are asked about selfies and more modern technology. Lois

One girl said she felt sorry for kids in the 90’s. What about in the 50’s when our best option for individually selected music was 45 and 88 rpm records and phonographs?
It is kind of reassuring that struggling with an unfamiliar technology is not a trait that is exclusive to old people.

One girl said she felt sorry for kids in the 90’s. What about in the 50’s when our best option for individually selected music was 45 and 88 rpm records and phonographs? It is kind of reassuring that struggling with an unfamiliar technology is not a trait that is exclusive to old people.
I resemble that remark. In the 50's the only thing portable about music was the record case we used for 45s and I had a couple of hundred. When Walkmen's came along we thought we were in the space age. So why did they skip the eight track cassettes? The video also left out the most important thing about the "portability" of cassettes, "what are those long coppery things inside, oh battttteries". I do agree with the kids about modern technology though, couldn't get by without my I-pad. Cap't Jack

On a related note: