How many of you folks know about the Russian 9/11 memorial?

My gal asked me about this this morning, I never heard of it. Another indication of that moment of international hope after a few thugs destroyed the World Trade Center. But the Cheney/Bush’s clan made sure we were reduced to creating an unwinable war and a never ending international terrorist creation machine. - But Carlyle and Blackwater and the military industrial bosses all made very good profits off the deal so what the hell.

Origins: The monument displayed in the above photographs, officially entitled "To the Struggle Against World Terrorism" (but also known as "The Memorial at Harbor View Park" or the "Tear Drop Memorial"), was dedicated at the northeast corner of Bayonne Peninsula in New Jersey on 11 September 2006, the fifth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks on the United States. The monument was the work of Russian artist Zurab Tsereteli, whose inspiration was described thusly in a brochure about the monument:
"To the Struggle Against World Terrorism" was conceived as the events of 9/11 unfolded and Russian artist Zurab Tsereteli walked the streets of Moscow. Struck by the outpouring of grief he observed, a memorial with an image of a tear formed in his mind. Shortly after the attacks, Tsereteli visited ground zero and looked to New Jersey's waterfront for an appropriate site for a monument honoring victims of the World Trade Center terrorist attacks. Bayonne was a fitting location; the city was an arrival point for many New York City evacuees on 9/11, a staging area for rescuers, and offered a direct view of the Statue of Liberty and the former World Trade Center towers. A gift from Tsereteli and the Russian people, the memorial is made of steel sheathed in bronze. Standing 100 feet high, its center contains a jagged tear. In it hangs a 40-foot stainless steel teardrop, representing sadness and grief over the loss of life, but also hope for a future free from terror. Etched in granite on an 11-sided base are the names of the nearly 3,000 killed in the 1993 World Trade Center bombings and terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, 2001. Read more at http://www.snopes.com/rumors/tributes/teardrop.asp#mV6pWpfvxKOz0Dld.99

Bush Sr’s Carlyle Group Gets Fat On War And Conflict
By Jamie Doward
The Observer - UK
3-25-3
http://www.rense.com/general36/fat.htm
Investing in war
The Carlyle Group profits from government and conflict
By M. Asif Ismail 12:00 am, November 18, 2004

Bush Sr's Carlyle Group Gets Fat On War And Conflict By Jamie Doward The Observer - UK 3-25-3 http://www.rense.com/general36/fat.htm Investing in war The Carlyle Group profits from government and conflict By M. Asif Ismail 12:00 am, November 18, 2004 http://www.publicintegrity.org/2004/11/18/6624/investing-war
You need to read Shock Doctrine. This is what's been going on for many years...profiting from both natural and man-made disasters.
My gal asked me about this this morning, I never heard of it. Another indication of that moment of international hope after a few thugs destroyed the World Trade Center....
Yet another reason to doubt the official story. Bin Laden wasn't stupid. He would have known an attack like 911 would only serve to shore up support for the US and give it more leeway in creating a security state.

I heard about it on Facebook. Not sure why this is suddenly getting attention. Seems a bit contrived though. Why not just share it, instead of making a conspiracy out of it not being well advertised?

I heard about it on Facebook. Not sure why this is suddenly getting attention. Seems a bit contrived though. Why not just share it, instead of making a conspiracy out of it not being well advertised?
I didn't say anything about "conspiracy." It is a simple fact that the thing is pretty much unknown. As for why, I'd look to a general state of mind. ~ ~ ~ I haven't read the book but I've heard some interviews with Naomi Klein and considering our (humanity's) history of exploitation without regard to under-classes or long term damages inflicted - makes a lot of sense. http://www.naomiklein.org/shock-doctrine ~ ~ ~
My gal asked me about this this morning, I never heard of it. Another indication of that moment of international hope after a few thugs destroyed the World Trade Center....
Yet another reason to doubt the official story. Bin Laden wasn't stupid. He would have known an attack like 911 would only serve to shore up support for the US and give it more leeway in creating a security state.I have no idea what you are talking about. Bin Laden and his gang are the thugs I'm talking. I don't think Bin Laden was thinking of impacts to USA's security state. He was settling self-imagined vendettas and was trying to expose America for the paper tiger he thought we were. Instead he found out we (usa) is as good at rabid killing as he ever could be.
I didn't say anything about "conspiracy." It is a simple fact that the thing is pretty much unknown. As for why, I'd look to a general state of mind. ~ ~ ~ I haven't read the book but I've heard some interviews with Naomi Klein and considering our (humanity's) history of exploitation without regard to under-classes or long term damages inflicted - makes a lot of sense. http://www.naomiklein.org/shock-doctrine ~ ~ ~
Yet another reason to doubt the official story. Bin Laden wasn't stupid. He would have known an attack like 911 would only serve to shore up support for the US and give it more leeway in creating a security state.I have no idea what you are talking about. Bin Laden and his gang are the thugs I'm talking. I don't think Bin Laden was thinking of impacts to USA's security state. He was settling self-imagined vendettas and was trying to expose America for the paper tiger he thought we were. Instead he found out we (usa) is as good at rabid killing as he ever could be.I'm saying you're talking about the wrong thugs. Ask yourself who would benefit from a huge terrorist attack like 911? Defense industry in hugely increased sales, security industry same reason, and the US gov for the huge surge in sympathy and support from other countries. All three of those directly work AGAINST Bin Laden's stated purpose of bringing down the US. OTOH if you were a gov official with ties to defense and security industries, and wanted to bolster US support and sympathy from other nations, well 911 was a bonanza. And Cheney and the PNAC are just the thugs who wanted this.

Oh my god. Who cares? It’s been over a decade, let it go. Christ.

Oh my god. Who cares? It's been over a decade, let it go. Christ.
This thread had to do with 911, and not sure if you use a calendar, but it just passed. So that's why this is somewhat relavent. However, yes, Cheney and crew have gotten away with it thanks to head in the sanders like yourself. ;)
This thread had to do with 911, and not sure if you use a calendar, but it just passed. So that's why this is somewhat relavent. However, yes, Cheney and crew have gotten away with it thanks to head in the sanders like yourself. ;)
I have a rule about not arguing conspiracy theories. You can't win. Anyway, I don't particularly care about 9/11* in general and I find it somewhat perplexing (and annoying) that people are still obsessing over it more than a decade later. *People get so amazingly pissy when I tell them that.

Holy cow, I’ve lived just across the channel off and on for years, and never knew!

Another 9-11 conspiracy thread. :blank: This might help:

"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence." -- Napoleon Bonaparte

Okay, I used the “c” word, but I didn’t mean anything about fake planes or thermite. I was only talking about this memorial, and how some, not necessarily you CC, are making a big deal about it not being well known. Most people don’t know who the Vice President is. I should start a Facebook thread, “Oh My God, did you know Joe Biden is Vice President! Why doesn’t anyone know this!”

We had a cool hotel just north of town and next to the railroad tracks, big place, six building blocks, probably over a hundred rooms.
And each sported an flag from a different nation folks who had stayed there at one time came from. A different flag over every room and it was really cool to drive by.
After 9/11 all the flags came down, replaced with US and Colorado flags only.
I thought it was really sad.
The unconscious conspiracy of zenophobia and mass hysteria -

(It’s still there but she’s a worn down echo of what it once was.)

I have a rule about not arguing conspiracy theories. You can't win. Anyway, I don't particularly care about 9/11* in general and I find it somewhat perplexing (and annoying) that people are still obsessing over it more than a decade later. *People get so amazingly pissy when I tell them that.So I assume you're just as perplexed about why people are still obsessing about WW2 and Hitler? Evil was done. In one case alot more, and by someone we all know did it. And the other, yes alot less loss of life, but it still involved world war, just of a different kind.

Conspiracy theories and Hitler references? This going well. :lol:
Anyway. Cuth, what do want me to say? I simply don’t care about your hypothetical mustache-twirling evildoers. I don’t even particularly care about the whole 9/11 thing in any but the vaguest, most distant way. (I’m ignoring the Hitler/WW2 reference for now.) Call me callous or apathetic or un-American or whatever else you want. I’ve heard it all before and, surprise surprise, I don’t care.
I could pretend if you’d like. But I’ll be honest. It would pretty quickly descend into snide mockery. :wink: