Hi, I'm Philosophicus

Hi, everybody. I’m Philosophicus. I came here mostly to talk about the paranormal, but I like philosophy, science, technology, and progress as well. I’ve been really interested in the UFO sightings that have been in the news lately, and I’ve started to study the phenomenon. I remember watching UFO Hunters and The UFO Files on the History Channel. That’s the extent of my knowledge lol – apart from watching a bunch of YouTube videos and reading lots of comments about personal UFO and alien encounters. I’m open to the idea of aliens (I think UFOs have already been proven), but I’m not sure if aliens exist. I don’t know how much of peoples’ eyewitness testimony to believe, but I believe a lot of them. Anyway, nice to meet everybody. I’d love to know what everybody thinks. I’ll probably be mostly in the paranormal section.

Philosophicus

Howdy Philosophicus,

I hope you enjoy your time here. Just be aware that people will ask why you believe certain things, and if you don’t have a half-decent reason, you might want to put a bit more thought into your beliefs before putting them on here.

For example, "I’m open to the idea of aliens (I think UFOs have already been proven), but I’m not sure if aliens exist. ", makes me want to ask, 1) What proof have you seen, and, 2) How can you believe in UFOs but not aliens (I’m assuming you’re not defining ‘UFOs’ as simply ‘anything that’s unidentified in the sky’)?

See you around.

3point14rat,

Hi, 3point14rat.

“‘I’m open to the idea of aliens (I think UFOs have already been proven), but I’m not sure if aliens exist.’, makes me want to ask, 1) What proof have you seen, and, 2) How can you believe in UFOs but not aliens (I’m assuming you’re not defining ‘UFOs’ as simply ‘anything that’s unidentified in the sky’)?”

I’ve never seen a UFO, but I’ve heard eyewitness testimony, and I believe a lot of them. I don’t think that UFO means aliens. The UFOs could be one of the world government’s aircraft, a private corporation’s aircraft, aliens, artificial intelligence, or something no one’s thought of yet. I don’t know what they are, but I want to know. I’m curious because the way people describe them is really interesting. Whoever or whatever made them has some really interesting technology that I want to know about so people can incorporate it.

Philosophicus

I just recently started looking into Aliens as well, a good place to start would be to look up pics of ancient carvings and paintings of Aliens and similar things, if you haven’t already lol. Especially the Ancient Egyptian carving of the helicopter! It’s hella hard to find Alien stuff online that isn’t obvious lies lol.
Anybodythere.net is a good forum site for paranormal stuff.

I hope that you can enjoy joining in the posting. I will add that these forums are mostly populated by people who are skeptics. I, for example, have come to reject the existence of anything “supernatural” in the real world. Not that I haven’t found topics of the paranormal of various topics, entertaining and stimulating, in the past.

But these days I am more interested in truth, unless we are just suspending disbelief for entertainment purposes.

But these days I am more interested in truth, unless we are just suspending disbelief for entertainment purposes.
well said