Guidance from a Loving God

I assume that the guidance this woman received through prayer is the same one who advises Conservative Christians everywhere:
After much prayer, pediatrician won’t treat baby.]
It is also undoubtedly the same God who advised these people:
God told me to do it]
What a swell God indeed!

That first article is concerning. It’s disappointing that in this day and age there are still places in our country where we protect religious beliefs but not sexual orientation or gender identification. As a physician this is even more concerning. What if this couple lived in a small town with no other nearby physician. The doctor in question swore to the Hippocratic oath. There is no place in the oath that says this oath is null and void if it conflicts with your religious beliefs. She is a disgrace to the profession.

What day and age do you live in MacGyver? I used words like “fag” when I was a kid, not knowing what I really met. Then I saw Miss America become an advocate against gay teachers. I went to a progressive college and actually met gay people, then a progressive church that was fighting to change their rules. They aren’t winning and I realized their approach was the problem, so I left religion completely. My state just allowed gay marriage last year. My country will probably allow it later this year. There are still countries where being gay carries the death penalty. That’s today. That’s this “age”.

This is far more serious than refusing to bake a wedding cake for a Gay couple and it should IMO be treated as a violation of a civil rights law which covers ALL citizens and therefore negates a state law. The irony here is that this Xtian doctor took an oath based on pagan practices and when asked to do so probably didn’t refuse on “religious grounds”. The only way to stop this lunacy is for LGBT couples to file anti discrimination lawsuits and go completely public in the media. The more red flags out there the more public pressure against it.
Cap’t Jack

The sad reality is that these people demonstrate a lack of morals and values that their religion has relieved them of. They rejoice in their diminished humanity.
I think these kinds of incidents will be working their way through the courts for years to come, long after marriage equality becomes federal law, if Roe v Wade is any kind of example.

The lesbian story sounds fishy (pun intended). :lol:
I suspect the indigo girls are making it up - gays are well known for fabricating sob stories like these, especially in today’s world where naive heterosexuals want to be nice.

What day and age do you live in MacGyver? I used words like "fag" when I was a kid, not knowing what I really met. Then I saw Miss America become an advocate against gay teachers. I went to a progressive college and actually met gay people, then a progressive church that was fighting to change their rules. They aren't winning and I realized their approach was the problem, so I left religion completely. My state just allowed gay marriage last year. My country will probably allow it later this year. There are still countries where being gay carries the death penalty. That's today. That's this "age".
Why should any of that make it less disappointing that in this day and age we are not guaranteeing the same protections to all people?
The lesbian story sounds fishy (pun intended). :lol: I suspect the indigo girls are making it up - gays are well known for fabricating sob stories like these, especially in today's world where naive heterosexuals want to be nice.
While its always a good idea to assume two sides to every story, there is documentation in the form of a letter from the doctor which essentially corroborates the facts of this story and the doctor in question has not denied any of this even though the reporter gave her an opportunity to comment.
What day and age do you live in MacGyver? I used words like "fag" when I was a kid, not knowing what I really met. Then I saw Miss America become an advocate against gay teachers. I went to a progressive college and actually met gay people, then a progressive church that was fighting to change their rules. They aren't winning and I realized their approach was the problem, so I left religion completely. My state just allowed gay marriage last year. My country will probably allow it later this year. There are still countries where being gay carries the death penalty. That's today. That's this "age".
Why should any of that make it less disappointing that in this day and age we are not guaranteeing the same protections to all people? It doesn't make it less disappointing, although that is a completely subjective term that only you can judge, it makes it completely unsurprising.
The lesbian story sounds fishy (pun intended). :lol: I suspect the indigo girls are making it up - gays are well known for fabricating sob stories like these, especially in today's world where naive heterosexuals want to be nice.
Bigots are well know for pathetic attempts at humor, full of misogyny and homophobia that they think should be perfectly socially acceptable.