Greetings

Hi folks,

I’ve found this forum by searching for a place to discuss various scientific topics in a rational matter. And based on the threads, i think its not the wrong place. Personally i’m slowly getting annoyed after years just philosophizing with myself repeatedly. Due to lack of scientific equipment, i am lazy and prefer the method of deductive reasoning to think about stuff and reaching logic conclusion. Despite of being fairly educated in general scientific topics, i lack in experience of theology and religion.

I am not a native english speaker/writer, so please excuse according mistakes.

What will you discuss?

My intention is to participate in some discussions about several scientific topics, whatever comes up.

Will you initiate?

I’ll already have initiated a first one in the philosophy section. And will probably do more, time will tell.

That’s not science my friend. I start one on climate change and you can come in on that.

Welcome to the forum @didirius. Looking forward to more posts from you.

My mistake, i reffered to science in an expanded sense like scholarship/sciences not limited to only empirical science. I didn’t think about the differentiation among science, sciences and Humanities.

Geisteswissenschaften (German pronunciation: [ˈɡaɪstəsˌvɪsənʃaftən], "sciences of mind") is a set of human sciences such as philosophy, history, philology, musicology, linguistics, theater studies, literary studies, media studies, and sometimes even theology and jurisprudence, that are traditional in German universities. Most of its subject matter would come under Humanities in the typical English-speaking university.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geisteswissenschaft

I start one on climate change and you can come in on that.
Thank you, i'd like to.

Welcome @didirius. Feel free to discuss most anything you want and jump right into any conversation you want.

@sabolina How does he know yet what he’s going to discuss and why does it matter? He probably doesn’t know what all he will discuss, so please stop asking such question of our newbies.

No issues from didirus on this so stop causing trouble my friend. Leave it alone

@sabolina

No issues from didirus on this so stop causing trouble my friend. Leave it alone

Excuse me? I’m a moderator. If I feel like saying one needs to stop a behaviour, I will and I do not appreciate not being treated with respect when I say something. I didn’t make it a warning, but just because a moderator does not make it a warning, does not give you the right to disrespect a moderator. Issues or not, that’s not the response one should give.