Give peace a chance ? Let's institute an empire!

I have BIG problems with insecticides and herbicides, just for the reason you stated.

By “the other half” I mean the hard righties of the world, as in the maga cult and their predecessors. The evangelicals have been working for decades. They have tonsof alliances, broadcast stations, etc. and when the right idiot comes along, i.e. Bush Jr or Drumpf, they pounce. Those are the people I’m talking about, who actually think what you and I call evil dictators to them are actually great leaders, etc.

Sure. I think it’s important to know they are a minority. They have the same rights as others, but they can’t impose their authority. Majority rule has to be tempered by principles.

Majority rule is tempered by the constitutional principles and freedoms.

The matter is that in USA, the supreme judge has been subverted

When I studied civics in middle school, they said the communist party could run and win if the votes were there. With equal time laws, they even got a slot on TV and talked about their platform.

But I never thought people would vote for fascism.

No one would vote for fascism…knowingly. I forgot the author, Chris something or other, wrote a book about it, along the lines of Fascism will come to America with a flag in one hand and a bible in the other. And that’s exactly what’s happening.

Yep, all the wannabe “saviors” are coming out of the woodwork and lay claim to “Truth and the Righteous Life”, even if they have to kill for it.

“Right to life”.
"We’ll do anything to save that baby, but if it grows up to be a doctor, we may just have to kill it!
(George Carlin)

The irony is worthy of Edgar Allan Poe.

I can’t see how it would work. The only global power on earth – America – is not interested in enforcing Green policies.

Not the best source, but,

BY ROBIN ABCARIANCOLUMNIST

SEPT. 4, 2022 3:05 AM PT

President Biden made a simple but brilliant distinction Thursday evening in Philadelphia when he spoke passionately about two species of Republicans in America today: mainstream and MAGA.

“Not every Republican, not even the majority of Republicans, are MAGA Republicans,” Biden said. “Not every Republican embraces their extreme ideology. I know, because I’ve been able to work with these mainstream Republicans. But there’s no question that the Republican Party today is dominated, driven and intimidated by Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans. And that is a threat to this country.”

Brownstein: Overwhelming evidence Trump is leading (fascist) of GOP.

CNN senior political analyst Ron Brownstein and University of California, San Diego professor Barbara Walter join CNN’s Jim Acosta to discuss Trump’s verbiage in a speech made to support GOP candidates in Pennsylvania, and the response. #CNN #News

"How to prevent the American civil war Donald Trump wants more than anything ? "
That seems to be becoming the question.