From the WaPo. Nice piece

I’ve just skimmed it so far, but very thoughtful. Relates to politics and family life

2 Likes

Two things come to mind:

It is completely unconvincing to anybody who is not already on that side.

Written by a Jew who ultimately fears Christian Nationalism.

You topped your most idiotic comment with that one. Don’t say “Jew”. Ever.

1 Like

You have to do something about that liberal oversensitivity.

What could possibly be wrong with calling a Jewish person a Jew? That is the universal term for a member of that group.

[quote=“thatoneguy, post:4, topic:10485, full:true”]
You have to do something about that liberal oversensitivity.

What could possibly be wrong with calling a Jewish person a Jew? That is the universal term for a member of that group.

Keyword: “group”
Technically one could also call a Jewish person by his “citizenship” name, “Israeli”.

It was what you said about the Jew. Nothing in the article showed any fear. Their religious orientation had very little to do with the theme of the article. Anyone could have made the same critiques of believers and have been accurate. There was no reason to bring it up. You have made inaccurate statements about ethnicities and religions in the past. Read a book before make a comment like that again. I’m telling you this as a friend.

And in this particular political moment, we need Americans to stand up to Christian nationalists who are using their growing political and judicial power to take away our rights. Atheists can do that.

Here it is crystal clear. That Jew is afraid of Christian Nationalism.

One could but it is too confusing. “Jew” makes more sense.

One definition of fear is
“the likelihood of something unwelcome happening.”

You are using it very differently. The ancestry of the person who recognizes potential unwelcome outcomes from Christian Nationalists is irrelevant to their assessment.

Context matters. Jews have global industry of this stuff so it makes sense to put 2 and 2 together.

What stuff? And what are you adding up? Are you saying they both control global industry and are afraid some idiot with a gun is going to take it away?

Wherever Jews live they attempt to influence things for their own benefit. As an outsider population in most of the world, any sort of nationalism – other than their own – is worrying to them and they do whatever they can to stifle it. They are usually sucessful.

That’s so wrong, thatoneguy, on so many levels. It’s racism, stereotyping, bigoted… Then again, you’ve always been that way, so what else is new about you?

Do you know how Jews became bankers? That is all they were allowed. Borrowing from wealthy Jews was a common practice by poor princes. If things went wrong , the debt did not have to be repaid.
So Jews became very good at assessing future potentials.

Ate there people who attempt to influence things for the benefit of others and not themselves? Are there people who don’t attempt to influence anything and just accept their lot in life?

Personally, I like people who attempt to influence things for the benefit of all.

1 Like

Correct, but that does not excuse using their talents for malevolent purposes.

All the more reason to raise awareness of their destructive
actions.

When did Jews become more malevolent than the people who used them for centuries?
The Jews I knew were nice and generous, I do know some other malevolent (insert race or religion)… image

You haven’t named any destructive practices. Your argument is circular

In this country their outsize political lobbying power and their control of media are well known worldwide.

Jews have always been seen as a problem by everyone they’ve interacted with throughout history. There’s a reason they’ve been kicked out of everyplace they’ve ever lived, and why antisemitism is called the most ancient and widespread hatred.

@thatoneguy, what are you talking about? What country and how is what you say known worldwide? Apparently it isn’t.

The’ve been a problem? That’s news to me. Some of my good friends are Jews and they haven’t been a problem to me.

Really? Seems to me they are still in the U.S. and are not hated by everyone. I like Jews.