For fun

What do these stars have in common (other than that they’re female and caucasian)?
Hint: It has to do with their careers.
Doris Day, Jeanne Moreau, Joan Crawford, Lauren Bacall, Audrey Hepburn, Geraldine Page, Patricia Neal, Claire Bloom, Angie Dickinson, Sophia Loren, Judy Garland, Rita Hayworth, Susan Hayward, Anouk Aimee, Jennifer Jones, Deborah Kerr, Eva Marie Saint, Rosalind Russell, Simone Signoret, Jean Simmons, Lana Turner, Eleanor Parker, Anne Baxter, Shelley Winters, Angela Lansbury, Ava Gardner, and Natalie Wood.

Is it the casting couch? OK, I give up, what is the answer?

They all were cast for, considered for or requested the part of Mrs. Robinson in The Graduate. None of them got the role. Do you remember who did?
They all were cast for, considered for or requested the part of Mrs. Robinson in The Graduate. None of them got the role. Do you remember who did? I can picture Mrs. Robinson but I can’t put a name to her. Shirley MacLaine played the part of who the charter of Mrs. Robinson was written on in the Graduate, as a story line in Rumor Has It, with Jennifer Aniston and Kevin Costner. Rumor Has It played parts of the Graduate. High hair styles, cigarette holder and a glass of booze.
They all were cast for, considered for or requested the part of Mrs. Robinson in The Graduate. None of them got the role. Do you remember who did? I can picture Mrs. Robinson but I can’t put a name to her. Shirley MacLaine played the part of who the charter of Mrs. Robinson was written on in the Graduate, as a story line in Rumor Has It, with Jennifer Aniston and Kevin Costner. Rumor Has It played parts of the Graduate. High hair styles, cigarette holder and a glass of booze. It was Anne Bancroft. I have never heard of Shirley MacLaine having any involvement in The Graduate. Jennifer Anniston was not yet born when the Graduate was made. Kevin Costner was 12 years old. Lois

I’m sorry if I did not make it clear. They were in the movie “Rumor Has It". And the story line of that movie was about who was the real Mrs. Robinson that the movie “The Graduate" was written about.

I’m sorry if I did not make it clear. They were in the movie “Rumor Has It". And the story line of that movie was about who was the real Mrs. Robinson that the movie “The Graduate" was written about.
Ok, thanks. i never saw "Romor Has It," and knew notjing about it.

My first guess would’ve been they were all models before they started acting.

My guess would have been that their careers really took off after they turned 30.

What do these stars have in common (other than that they're female and caucasian)? Hint: It has to do with their careers. Doris Day, Jeanne Moreau, Joan Crawford, Lauren Bacall, Audrey Hepburn, Geraldine Page, Patricia Neal, Claire Bloom, Angie Dickinson, Sophia Loren, Judy Garland, Rita Hayworth, Susan Hayward, Anouk Aimee, Jennifer Jones, Deborah Kerr, Eva Marie Saint, Rosalind Russell, Simone Signoret, Jean Simmons, Lana Turner, Eleanor Parker, Anne Baxter, Shelley Winters, Angela Lansbury, Ava Gardner, and Natalie Wood.
Out of curiosity, where did this come from? Seems to me Audrey Hepburn and Natalie Wood would've been too young at the time to pass for Katherine Ross's mom. (By the way, I just posted this question on a movie forum where I'm pretty active. Somebody there'll probably nail it right off!) :lol:
What do these stars have in common (other than that they're female and caucasian)? Hint: It has to do with their careers. Doris Day, Jeanne Moreau, Joan Crawford, Lauren Bacall, Audrey Hepburn, Geraldine Page, Patricia Neal, Claire Bloom, Angie Dickinson, Sophia Loren, Judy Garland, Rita Hayworth, Susan Hayward, Anouk Aimee, Jennifer Jones, Deborah Kerr, Eva Marie Saint, Rosalind Russell, Simone Signoret, Jean Simmons, Lana Turner, Eleanor Parker, Anne Baxter, Shelley Winters, Angela Lansbury, Ava Gardner, and Natalie Wood.
Out of curiosity, where did this come from? Seems to me Audrey Hepburn and Natalie Wood would've been too young at the time to pass for Katherine Ross's mom. OK, never mind. I just saw the Wikipedia article. The weird thing is that apparently Natalie Wood was offered both Mrs. Robinson and Elaine (?).