Folds within folds of harmonic complexity, Earth's biology impacts the Moon.

The march of science and understanding our Earth and the Universe we’re embedded within has been astounding.

I remember being amazed when it was discovered that dust from African deserts was blown all the way to the Americas and helped nourish soils and rivers. It was incredible, unbelievable, up until one spent a little time thinking about it, then it turned into an embarrassing ‘why didn’t I think of that?’ moment. That’s because once we stop to think about the details of our global heat and moisture distribution engine in action, it’s obvious that there would have to be massive movement of material across the Earth, through all sorts of pathways.

The reason I’ve been thinking about that old epiphany, is because there’s a new study out that some of the oxygen constantly escaping from Earth’s atmosphere lands on the moon during full moon periods when solar wind blown oxygen reaches the moon, with some possibly drifting over to the dark side of the moon.

How on Earth could scientists figure that out, you may ask. Rust. Read all about it:

Has Earth's oxygen rusted the Moon for billions of years? Date: September 2, 2020 Source: University of Hawaii at Manoa Summary: To the surprise of many planetary scientists, the oxidized iron mineral hematite has been discovered at high latitudes on the Moon.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/09/200902152152.htm

“… More hematite on the lunar nearside suggested that it may be related to Earth,” said Li. “This reminded me a discovery by the Japanese Kaguya mission that oxygen from the Earth’s upper atmosphere can be blown to the lunar surface by solar wind when the Moon is in the Earth’s magnetotail. So, Earth’s atmospheric oxygen could be the major oxidant to produce hematite. Water and interplanetary dust impact may also have played critical roles. …”

Journal Reference:

Shuai Li, Paul G. Lucey, Abigail A. Fraeman, Andrew R. Poppe, Vivian Z. Sun, Dana M. Hurley and Peter H. Schultz. Widespread hematite at high latitudes of the Moon. Science Advances, 2020 DOI: 10.1126/sciadv.aba1940

Of course, “impact” is a relative term,

and scale does matter, but that’s a different discussion. :wink:

Just ran across this astounding phenomenon; synchronization

Watch this remarkable phenomenon of synchronicity

Just ran across this astounding phenomenon; synchronization
I saw that pop up on "Suggested" too and wanted to get to it... so I did

synchronization
Bridge: Positive feedback loop

Metronomes/Pendulums: “Just” physics

Chemicals: Yeah, that’s cool because I don’t quite understand it- the back and forth stuff - and as it translates to the heart. I also like dendritic growth (my wife helped document an isothermal dendritic growth in microgravity experiment that went up on a shuttle - and she got to see the launch!)

Applause/Fireflies: Sentient being influenced

So, it’s not “one” big mystery, but a common effect of several different processes.

One thing I’ve noticed about videos - Some, like this, leave the natural pauses between phrases in the talking. Other videos take out what seems to be every microsecond of silence, and it’s becomes like a firehose blast of babble.

Folds within folds of harmonic complexity

On another forum I am involved in a discussion on “patterns” and after researching the self-forming patterns throughout the universe, it reminded me of your conceptual perspective of Universal “folds within folds”.
This concept is easily read as “patterns within patterns” and it is my belief that everything in the universe consists of a pattern, else we would not be able to quantify or qualify it in human terms.