Driving a hybrid vehicle

NOOOOOOOOOO, I take it back! We’ll keep our home grown loonies, and you can keep yours!!!
You know, to be honest Asanta there's looneys everywhere but I've never had the experience of talking with lefty flakes except once when we attended a French Festival at a park in Santa Barbara. an old hippie tried to sell us some hemp jewelry. Contrast that with the Apple Festival in Pikeville, Ky. where they gave away free chewing tobacco even to the kids. I did try it once, turned green and well, you know. I've often wondered what living in Canada was like! Cap't Jack
I live next to Berkeley, aka Bizzerkly. You can find most brands of loonies there, mostly naturalistic and new age. It probably has the highest concentration of psychics, crystals and raw foodies in the country. Luckily, while Santa Barbara has the same flavors, they also have the higher concentration of antivaxxers.

Aww, come on, Asanta. I used to go to my company’s Berkeley lab every chance I got. I loved our group going to lunch along Telegraph Road in the '60s and '70s to watch the parade of fascinating people go by (especially the young ladies in very scanty outfits. :slight_smile: )
Occam

Aww, come on, Asanta. I used to go to my company's Berkeley lab every chance I got. I loved our group going to lunch along Telegraph Road in the '60s and '70s to watch the parade of fascinating people go by (especially the young ladies in very scanty outfits. :) ) Occam
Telegraph is still a great place to people watch. Just as much 'alternative' clothing as ever. Just as crowded! ;-)
Aww, come on, Asanta. I used to go to my company's Berkeley lab every chance I got. I loved our group going to lunch along Telegraph Road in the '60s and '70s to watch the parade of fascinating people go by (especially the young ladies in very scanty outfits. :) ) Occam
Telegraph is still a great place to people watch. Just as much 'alternative' clothing as ever. Just as crowded! ;-)BTW: Is the Blue Nile (Ethiopian restaurant; for the non-locals) still around? (While I live nearby I just haven't been up that way for quite a while.) <edit: Darn... They closed. :down: ) There was also the really cool fantasy and sci-fi book store The Other Change of Hobbit. Take care, Derek

I agree that the Blue Nile was a great restaurant. Too bad it closed.
Occam