Divine Wisdom

I saw this on another site and it made me chuckle.

The things I don’t believe but are not limited to…

1. The creation of the universe. Not only that, but, a magical sky being existing beyond time and space, that isn’t contradictory, being responsible for doing the creating.

2. Magical flying sky beings Impregnating virgins and making magical babies that are really the same God that impregnated the Virgin in the first place.

3. Dead people crawling up out of the ground and then walking around convincing people they are alive and well.

4. Praying to a magical man in the sky can change the course of the weather, calm seas, cure disease, ease pain, stop suffering and the person praying for a better life.

5. The idea of unconditional love and a reward in an afterlife in Heaven awaits, regardless of the crimes you commit in this life, as long as the magic man has forgiven you.

6. A magical afterlife where believers meet their loved ones once again and everyone will be spiritually alive and happy together, not like they are in real life on this planet.

7. Unconditional love is unconditional. Of course it is unconditional as long as you believe, open your heart, submit and never engage in blasphemy or apostasy. (Side Note: Babies who do not have water sprinkled over their heads burn in hell too.)

8. Something called a spirit resides within the human body and is eternal, so that even after death theists get to keep on being narrow minded. I believe they get to die just like the rest of us.

9. The idea that ritualistic cannibalism and blood sacrifice in remembrance of the flying sky being that involve imbibing Grape juice or wine that can magically turn into real blood or eating bread that transubstantes into real living flesh in a believers tummy, is reasonably sane.

10. The Creator God thing inspired the writing on a non-contradictory holy book that only appears to be full of contradictions that aren’t really contradictions if theists make up enough excuses to resolve them.

11. The magical Jesus/man thing the son of a virgin impregnated bt the flying sky God, who is actually the flying sky god himself in baby form, and who is also something called a Holy Ghost, is worshiped because the original God could think of no other way to bring forgiveness to mankind than to kill himself in a blood sacrifice while he pretended to be his own son.

12. Evil magical beings can take hold of your mind and force you to do terrible if you are not protected by the good and kind magical flying sky daddy.

13. The idea that Jesus had the power to spit in the eye of a blind person and cure them of their blindness. People can fly. Serpents can talk, water can be changed into wine and fish and bread can be Magically multiplied to make more.

*Quote from Harvard Divinity Religious Literacy Project: Traditions often blind us from the truth

What about economics? Are you a supply side or demand side kind of guy

Personally, demand side economics because it favors lower interest rates/encourages investments. And you Player?

Low even 0 interest rates now with supply side. What are you talking about?

@sherlock

My friend,

Loosing my religion was a lengthy and difficult process. Most people do Not change their minds to be mean spirited. They change their minds because they thought it through and thought they were wrong. It is emotionally very difficult. I was a devout Christian for over 40yrs. It was similar posts like the one above that really made me think outside of the box. For me, researching Ivy League Biblical Scholars was crucial in my transition to athiesm. I replied to an earlier post of yours with a few You Tube videos from elite scholars.

This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple, the philosophy is kindness.

Smile and be kind to one another. No Gods required ?

Blaire, You are actually Marianne Williamson, the Dem candidate for the nomination for POTUS. Aren’t you!? “Blaire” is your “pen name”, I presume. I am sorry you didn’t make the next debate round, but maybe you can still get in to the next debate after that.

Blaire, now that you are a atheist. Who in history are your top three atheists. Deists are included as atheists. Just interested to see your viewpoint and how far outside of the Christian Bubble you have made it.

Who in history are your top three atheists.
Why does that matter?

Has everything devolved into a sporting event?

So it seems you’re convinced each of the things you refer to is false? Absolutely, 100%, provably false – do you believe that?
What with slamming her against the wall, OH YOU SURE 100 PERCENT CERTAIN B... ? - Of course it comes from a master of the dodge when it comes to admitting to anything himself. Why not just try to be still and let Blaire's thoughts soak in?, digest it a while, before mugging her.

She spelled out her beliefs and feeling in a concise list. Bet if she writes it in a year it’ll be slightly difference. We continue living and learning. I think Blaire’s made a much better effort at explaining what she’s about than most …

I commend her for it. Besides, for the most part it makes sense. Of course a few terms could use defining, but isn’t that always the case.

Blaire, I’ve got a philosophical question of sorts.

Do you believe in the control of the kayaker?

Or

Do you believe in the control of the dam builder?

“believe” a lousy word so take it loosely.

There is no Divine Wisdom. What is the need for Divine Wisdom? Does Occam’s razor demand Divine Wisdom?

Mathematics can do everything a Divine Wisdom can do, and do it without prejudice.

@sherlock

Do you believe Jesus is the son of God?

@Mike

1. Elaine Pagels, Professor of Religion at Princeton Divinity

2. Stephen Hawking

3. George Carlin

4. Will Ferrell

The following video is from SNL. LMAO ~ Will Ferrell

I’d like to retract #307086 - sometimes too much is going on around me and then it’s best to close my puter and walk away, or I wind up writing ass backward stuff like that. I know what I wanted to convey, I think, but it sure came out wrong. And at this point in this thread doesn’t seem much point in trying to redeem it.

Although my philosophical question of sorts stands:

Do you believe in the control of the kayaker?

Or

Do you believe in the control of the dam builder?

Happy Wednesday Citizen!

Thank You for supporting my first response ?

To answer your question ~ I believe in the control of the dam builder ?

Happy 9/11!!!

@Player

You suffer from intellectual dysfunction/cerebrally disturbed.

Please do the medical community a service and donate your brain to science ?

Why Blaire? Aren’t you in celebration mode for 9/11 1973??

We should never forget the vicious coup d’état and elimination of President Allende of Chile and his replacement with a murdering dictator of the following 15 years, Pinochet. 9/11(1973).

My friend,

Loosing my religion was a lengthy and difficult process. Most people do Not change their minds to be mean spirited. They change their minds because they thought it through and thought they were wrong. It is emotionally very difficult. I was a devout Christian for over 40yrs
@blaire Same.