Did Jesus own slaves?

Mike;

That the New Testament is not a reliable guide to Jesus is the scholarly consensus, not just Ehrman’s. What’s funny is, you go on to claim to have a view of Jesus. Where are you getting this view? And you think you can predict how long it will take for some facts to reach people, when you can’t identify what these facts are or where they come from. You say religion provides moral teaching, but I’d love to see you show how that works. I’ve tried. It’s what my milepost100 website is all about. The only way to do it is to take a parable, and add a lot of modern philosophy and modern knowledge of biology and a complete view of history, things the authors of the parables didn’t have.

Hello Lausten, have not be ignoring your post. Just been very busy. You ask some awesome questions and statements. And I want to be thorough in my answer. Only got time to do one point of thought and will try and finish tonight when I get back. The statement “scholarly consensus”. I need to know your viewpoint about the scholarly part of the study of religion. When I got into studying religion, I found it had been controlled by an unbelievable corrupt historically organized well-funded clandestinely complex brotherhood syndicate that is politically powerful and an academically respectable source of religious authority.

What we have today is for the first time in modern history is religious scholars who are able to work with the damnatio moemoriae items of this secret organization.

Michael Baigent, Richard Leigh and Henry Lincoln got into this controversial subject in the book Holy Blood, Holy Grail to the point it established the viewpoint I have today on the subject.

Michael Baigent died a few years back but had written some very controversial book on the subject.

The Messianic Legacy, The Temple and the Lodge, The Jesus Papers, The Dead Sea Scrools Deception, Secret Germany, Ancient Traces, Las Cartas Privadas de Jesus, The Inquisiton and The Elixir and the Stone.

The work of Mr. Baigent alone casts a shadow on the term “scholarly consensus”. We should look at the pathways of the scholarly work given to the public and come to a workable understanding of the term.

Lausten, its nice to read your incisive comments and questions. So glad you keep contributing.

MK, you keep it firmly in your religious faith realm, that would be your fertile Mindscape - has nothing to do with the Physical Reality of the World, even if it has the world to do with human actions and insanities, and they certainly impact the physical world.

Still no word on where the notion of Jesus Owning Slaves comes from.

Is that part of your Prosperity Doctrine?

Hmmm, Jesus worshipped god so well that god rewarded him with slaves to do his dirty laundry???