Dealing with it

Thought I’d switch to something nicer than politics. Bottom line here, be nice, care about people, see them, even though you don’t agree on everything. We have that in common.

1 Like

I’m tired of politics too. This will hopefully be refreshing.

Blockquote With so much paper, so many offices and functionaries, we are creating a world in which human warmth has disappeared. Where no one can come into contact with anyone else except across a maze of what we call formalities.

I agree so much. It’s a shame no one listened to him and did something sooner. Maybe we wouldn’t have so many greedy corporations that we have today.

I believe that practising empathy should be a mandatory curriculum.

That way we learn how to help others in dealing with life’s obstacles

Empathy

Empathy is the capacity to understand or feel what another person is experiencing from within their frame of reference, that is, the capacity to place oneself in another’s position.[1] Definitions of empathy encompass a broad range of social, cognitive, and emotional processes primarily concerned with understanding others (and others’ emotions in particular). Types of empathy include cognitive empathy, emotional (or affective) empathy, somatic empathy, and spiritual empathy.[2][3][4]

Sounds like you are arm in arm with biden when he repeats the corporate democrats line that democrats must work together with republicans . How is that working out ?

Neither party can do much without the cooperation of the other. The Republicans like blocking progress and rolling back rights, so obstruction works for them.

1 Like

On the contrary, republicans are doing and achieving a
lot for its base - with and without democrats support

I take it you believe that Republicans and Democrats are engaged in an existential conflict .

How is that working out for the US?

Armed insurrection is the best the Republicans can do? They have become a bunch of gun toting gangsters, threatening people with harm if they don’t do as they’re told.

A SCOTUS that is completely ignoring the Establishment Clause and Civil Rights, because that was not in the Original draft of the Constitution. They even call themselves “strict Constitutionalists”, while stomping on women’s rights.

Why is it that Democrats always have to clean up the messes left by Republican administrations in spite of blatant Republican obstructionism?

1 Like

First i have heard that democrats are cleaning up any republican mess

OK, list the good things the Republicans have done that have benefitted all instead of just tax cuts for the rich and lowering environental controls. As Vegan you should be really worried about the avid hunters who like to use AR15 to kill rabbits (besides people) and all that is left is good for rabbit stew.

1 Like

I said to benefit their base. Dont fight me

I agree, but it doesn’t happen very often that people do have empathy. Many people now days don’t seem to care.

This thread is not suppose to be political. It is in the philosophy section, not the political section and has nothing to do with politics. The author also requested not to discuss it.

The Repugs aren’t doing anything except killing people. Repugs are not helping the people or the country, but again, this thread is not suppose to be political.

Then stop, especially since this thread was never supposed to be political.

It would be nice if you posted something other than generic comments. When you say “for their base”, you could be agreeing with me, since I think their most important base is a small minority that has been mobilized to tip the scales in their favor. These are the people who are not very aware of how things work, so you can say “build that wall” and they will come and vote. But, the wall isn’t that different from year to year is it? So, I’m not sure what you mean by “doing something”.

It was a shock when something that has been talked about for 50 years finally happened, but still, did they really “do something”, or did they take something away? It looks to me like they took away rights guaranteed in the 14th amendment. So, again, are you agreeing with me? Did they just appeal to a small minority, and actually harm a lot of others citizens, including people who voted for Trump? It’s hard to tell what you think from your canned/talking point comments.

1 Like

Everything is political

Mriana makes a valid point. Keeping threads on track is not really a moderator’s job, but, as a fellow member, I’d appreciate your cooperation. I think there is a rule about “cross posting”, that is, taking your topic to other topics and trying to get others engaged in your personal vendetta.

Have you found the rules? They are under FAQ in the main menu.

1 Like

No, not everything. One of them was meant to be this thread, which you just pulled in politics out of the blue, when no one else went in that direction.

Iets apply this here today - to see Russia’s side without taking Russia’s side. Wont hold my breath

Applying this would be more like seeing that people who live in Russia are just people. Most of them just go to work and play with their children when they get home, without worrying about communism vs capitalism.

Cant be applied then to todays events

You’re questions are not discussion. You are simply baiting people to respond emotionally. This is a rule violation that can result in banning your account. Consider yourself warned.

None were questions. No need to be so defensive