Could This Section 3 of the 14th Amendment Of US Constitution Keep trump from a 2024 Bid?

Personally, sometimes I fear only karma finally catching up with him, with the gift of a physical meltdown that reducing him to a drooling vegetable, will save us from his corrosive effects.

Still, like they say, this belongs in the discussion.

Section 3 of the 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution disqualifies Americans from holding public office at any level if they’ve engaged in any effort to overthrow the U.S. government. That section was enforced just last week, removing a now-former New Mexico county commissioner, Cuoy Griffin, who participated in the insurrection. Could it also keep Donald Trump from a 2024 reelection bid? MSNBC columnists Dean Obeidallah and Charlie Sykes join Mehdi to discuss.

1 Like

Something needs to keep him from running again, because we don’t need the crook in office again.

Has anybody noticed yet that EVERYTHING Trump touches dies?
If I were a religious man I’d see Trump as a true “demon”, an evil spirit that causes havoc, pain, and violence wherever he walks.

Think of all the people who worked for Trump who are now under investigation, aside from all the people already convicted of crimes committed in Trump’s name.

This guy reminds me of that insurance advertisement where this mayhem guy walks around creating havoc and causes accidents to everyone who gets distracted by his public antics.

Yes. I’m surprised Malaria and her son haven’t died yet.

:+1:t4: I know I would if I were superstitious. The man is pure evil.

I think he would need to be convicted of something. Otherwise it’s just another “High Crimes and Misdemeanors” thing.

…or “Collusion”

Vague definitions

Bring things up to date here, because this is pretty fascinatingly informative:

The Civil War Generation speaks directly to us and today’s Supreme Court.

Conservative Judge DELIVERS BIG BLOW to Trump in 14th Amendment Case

Jan 31, 2024
A conservative federal judge who wrote the “tweet” that saved democracy, has led a band of Republican senior officials, lawyers and judges, to file a new brief with the United States Supreme Court calling for Trump’s banning from the ballot because he “engaged in (armed) insurrection” against the Constitution. Michael Popok of Legal AF dives into the new brief and explains why it will resonate with the other conservative right wing judges who consider themselves “textualists”.

Visit https://meidastouch.com for more!

February 8 is the Supreme Court hearing on Colorado’s rejecting trump on the ballot.