Corn is proof of intelligent design

Corn as we know it today, is the product of selective breeding and cross pollination experiments aimed at producing more corn for human use. http://criticalexaminer.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/mais_teosinte.gif Since corn does not exist anywhere in nature, it owes it’s existence to humanity. Thus corn is an intelligent design, the designers are the humans who bred it for food and are in fact continuing this genetic manipulation in labs and on farms all over the World today. The sheer tonnage of corn harvested per year, denotes the design as intelligent. Now whether the DNA of the teosinte plant, corns parent was formed by Darwinian evolution, or was brought to the Earth by God, is irrelevant, to the fact that corn is an intelligent design. Is my logic flawed? if you believe that it is please discuss. Thanks.

Corn is a genetically modified organism and an old one at that. The term intelligent design implies one designer building something that it conceived of and made as a finished object. Tinkering with genes is not design, it’s manipulation.
Saying that corn is the product of intelligent design is a misleading and illogical use of words for the purpose of gaining attention by using a politicized label that has no applicable meaning in terms of living organisms. You are spouting nonsense.

Corn is a genetically modified organism and an old one at that. The term intelligent design implies one designer building something that it conceived of and made as a finished object. Tinkering with genes is not design, it's manipulation. Saying that corn is the product of intelligent design is a misleading and illogical use of words for the purpose of gaining attention by using a politicized label that has no applicable meaning in terms of living organisms. You are spouting nonsense.
Corn is in my opinion, and should be everyone's opinion an intelligent design, as it is feeding a World that is getting hungrier by the day. Attempts are under way to gene splice corn with salt grasses, so that corn fields could be grown along the shore and or watered with seawater, this would be further evidence of an increasing intelligent design of the corn. The term intelligent design as I apply it is referring to the corn itself, not the designer or designers. As for intelligent design implying one designer, that is the view of some, but since no one has ever seen the designer/God then the designers could well be large numbers of humans as in this case or beings in plurality, from another place, that for lack of a better term are referred to as God. The following comments were made by a Pope, at one time these comments would be considered heresy. Knowledge is increasing, those who do not adapt and accept change are doomed to be lost to the past. Pope Francis spent some time during Mass at the Vatican on Monday talking about alien life forms, and suggested that Martians, should they ever visit Earth, would be welcome to be baptized as well. "If – for example – tomorrow an expedition of Martians came, and some of them came to us, here ... Martians, right? Green, with that long nose and big ears, just like children paint them ... And one says, 'But I want to be baptized!' What would happen?" the Roman Catholic Church leader theorized, as reported by Vatican Radio. http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/popes-astronomer-guy-consolmagno-says-aliens-exist-1467400 http://www.cbsnews.com/news/vatican-considers-possibility-of-aliens/ In other words if aliens came to Earth, they should be offered the respect that Jesus Christ was denied, yes this is the same church that locked up Galileo.
Corn is a genetically modified organism and an old one at that. The term intelligent design implies one designer building something that it conceived of and made as a finished object. Tinkering with genes is not design, it's manipulation. Saying that corn is the product of intelligent design is a misleading and illogical use of words for the purpose of gaining attention by using a politicized label that has no applicable meaning in terms of living organisms. You are spouting nonsense.
Corn is in my opinion, and should be everyone's opinion an intelligent design, as it is feeding a World that is getting hungrier by the day. Attempts are under way to gene splice corn with salt grasses, so that corn fields could be grown along the shore and or watered with seawater, this would be further evidence of an increasing intelligent design of the corn. The term intelligent design as I apply it is referring to the corn itself, not the designer or designers. As for intelligent design implying one designer, that is the view of some, but since no one has ever seen the designer/God then the designers could well be large numbers of humans as in this case or beings in plurality, from another place, that for lack of a better term are referred to as God. The following comments were made by a Pope, at one time these comments would be considered heresy. Knowledge is increasing, those who do not adapt and accept change are doomed to be lost to the past. Pope Francis spent some time during Mass at the Vatican on Monday talking about alien life forms, and suggested that Martians, should they ever visit Earth, would be welcome to be baptized as well. "If – for example – tomorrow an expedition of Martians came, and some of them came to us, here ... Martians, right? Green, with that long nose and big ears, just like children paint them ... And one says, 'But I want to be baptized!' What would happen?" the Roman Catholic Church leader theorized, as reported by Vatican Radio. http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/popes-astronomer-guy-consolmagno-says-aliens-exist-1467400 http://www.cbsnews.com/news/vatican-considers-possibility-of-aliens/ In other words if aliens came to Earth, they should be offered the respect that Jesus Christ was denied, yes this is the same church that locked up Galileo. Clearly I wasted my time. It won't happen again.
Corn is in my opinion, and should be everyone's opinion an intelligent design, as it is feeding a World that is getting hungrier by the day. Attempts are under way to gene splice corn with salt grasses, so that corn fields could be grown along the shore and or watered with seawater, this would be further evidence of an increasing intelligent design of the corn. The term intelligent design as I apply it is referring to the corn itself, not the designer or designers. As for intelligent design implying one designer, that is the view of some, but since no one has ever seen the designer/God then the designers could well be large numbers of humans as in this case or beings in plurality, from another place, that for lack of a better term are referred to as God. The following comments were made by a Pope, at one time these comments would be considered heresy. Knowledge is increasing, those who do not adapt and accept change are doomed to be lost to the past. Pope Francis spent some time during Mass at the Vatican on Monday talking about alien life forms, and suggested that Martians, should they ever visit Earth, would be welcome to be baptized as well. "If – for example – tomorrow an expedition of Martians came, and some of them came to us, here ... Martians, right? Green, with that long nose and big ears, just like children paint them ... And one says, 'But I want to be baptized!' What would happen?" the Roman Catholic Church leader theorized, as reported by Vatican Radio. http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/popes-astronomer-guy-consolmagno-says-aliens-exist-1467400 http://www.cbsnews.com/news/vatican-considers-possibility-of-aliens/ In other words if aliens came to Earth, they should be offered the respect that Jesus Christ was denied, yes this is the same church that locked up Galileo. Clearly I wasted my time. It won't happen again. Your total lack of refutation of the facts and ideas that I have posted, is clear. Win win win. Thanks PS. I had hoped for a better argument, perhaps another can add the challenge that you can not. Again Thanks.
Corn as we know it today, is the product of selective breeding and cross pollination experiments aimed at producing more corn for human use. http://criticalexaminer.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/mais_teosinte.gif Since corn does not exist anywhere in nature, it owes it's existence to humanity. Thus corn is an intelligent design, the designers are the humans who bred it for food and are in fact continuing this genetic manipulation in labs and on farms all over the World today. The sheer tonnage of corn harvested per year, denotes the design as intelligent. Now whether the DNA of the teosinte plant, corns parent was formed by Darwinian evolution, or was brought to the Earth by God, is irrelevant, to the fact that corn is an intelligent design. Is my logic flawed? if you believe that it is please discuss. Thanks.
First you have to posit the existence of an intelligent designer. You have not done this. LL
Corn as we know it today, is the product of selective breeding and cross pollination experiments aimed at producing more corn for human use. http://criticalexaminer.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/mais_teosinte.gif Since corn does not exist anywhere in nature, it owes it's existence to humanity. Thus corn is an intelligent design, the designers are the humans who bred it for food and are in fact continuing this genetic manipulation in labs and on farms all over the World today. The sheer tonnage of corn harvested per year, denotes the design as intelligent. Now whether the DNA of the teosinte plant, corns parent was formed by Darwinian evolution, or was brought to the Earth by God, is irrelevant, to the fact that corn is an intelligent design. Is my logic flawed? if you believe that it is please discuss. Thanks.
First you have to posit the existence of an intelligent designer. You have not done this. LL Wrong, what I have said is that corn is an intelligent design, the intelligent designers are all of the humans who using different methods have created the corn that we have today. From the first Mexican Indians, to Monsanto genetic engineers, the intelligent design of corn, is created by intelligent and often hungry human minds. Where the DNA of Teosinte came from is of no matter as Teosinte is not corn. Where will Corn and humanity be in another ten thousand years?
I think it's fine to say corn is intelligently designed. Of course we are intelligent designers, that's where we get the idea about intelligent design from. But that is not evidence for an intelligent designer god, so if you are trying to make that leap then yes your logic is flawed.
I think it's fine to say corn is intelligently designed. Of course we are intelligent designers, that's where we get the idea about intelligent design from. But that is not evidence for an intelligent designer god, so if you are trying to make that leap then yes your logic is flawed. Well I am not a bible scholar, I view the evidence from a scientific point of view. The bible does say that man was designed in the image of God. Now I have always taken this to mean that God looks like us or we look like God, this is a fundamental point in the bible. What if however the image, is the DNA image? then we would have all the prospects to create, or destroy as God is described as being able to do. The bible says that God wiped out an entire city, Sodom with one stroke, this was not able for any human to achieve at the time, and was in fact a Godlike act. Could not The Presidents of the USA or Russia do the same right now? And is this not the product of E-MC2, or intelligence. The power of God is in the hand that does good, or eliminates evil. Corns purpose was to feed Mexican hunter gatherers, who chose to gather less and farm more, the person who chose to plant those first largest seeds next to each other, did not understand cross pollination, yet they fostered it, and now the intelligent experiment yields nearly 2 trillion pounds of grain per year, this could easily triple, and use half the farmland to do so. You will not accept intelligent design, yet you embrace spontaneous generation of life forms, one of which is humanity, which has 3 billion base pairs in 23 pairs of chromosomes. This is like saying that your computers operating system could grow in a pond. It's silly.
You will not accept intelligent design, yet you embrace spontaneous generation of life forms, one of which is humanity, which has 3 billion base pairs in 23 pairs of chromosomes. This is like saying that your computers operating system could grow in a pond. It's silly.
Now you are changing your argument. I believe there was a physical process, you do too, so not only could it happen but we both believe it did happen.
You will not accept intelligent design, yet you embrace spontaneous generation of life forms, one of which is humanity, which has 3 billion base pairs in 23 pairs of chromosomes. This is like saying that your computers operating system could grow in a pond. It's silly.
Now you are changing your argument. I believe there was a physical process, you do too, so not only could it happen but we both believe it did happen. Evolution is real, however evolution involves DNA code sequences that for complexity make your computers operating system look simple. Evolution is actually in my opinion one of the purposes of DNA, as evolution itself adapts an organism better to it's environment and thus this is intelligent and productive, however it is not my opinion that without DNA evolution can not happen. So if evolution can not happen without DNA mutations, the DNA had to be created before evolution. This sounds like the chicken or the egg argument, but it is not because both the chicken and the egg are both comprised of extremely complex DNA that had to come from somewhere, just as the Mars rover came from Earth. If humanity sent a Mars rover, not to Mars but to another planet, that was inhabited, is it not possible for the inhabitants if of a certain intellectual value, to interpret the rover as being sent by God? The answer is yes, and what would be the answer be, if this happened thousands of years ago on the Earth, yes again, however today, the same thing would be determined to be of extraterrestrial origin, as we know of other planets, and if found in the USA, be sent to hangar 18, or area 52.