China - a new idea to get the birth rate up

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/two-husband-strategy-may-be-a-remedy-for-chinas-one-child-policy-professor-posits/ar-BB15hK13?ocid=spartanntp

This article lead me to recall Oneguy’s concern re: China not keeping it’s birthrate up. It seems to me that, while their old 1 child max law, was effective in lowering their overpopulation, it did not foresee that Chinese people, who could have only one child, would tend to make sure it was a male.

Hence, now, they have more men than women. Hence, lots of men can’t reproduce.

But do not fret, Oneguy. There is a new idea. Two husbands per wife (in cases where the 3 parties agree on it.) This is thought to increase the likely number of children that women will have. And if the 3somes have 3 or more kids, each, then CHI-nah is on her way to a population # more pleasing to Oneguy.

Ah yes, the infamous Devil’s triangle. Poor girl would have to get use to be stuffed like a Sunday turkey. As if women in China aren’t miserable enough, they have to find new ways to ruin their existence.

How do the Chinese make sure that the child is a male?

By “accidentally” killing off the female babies, or that’s at least what I’ve been told. I cannot 100% confirm this.

Ultra sound gave a preview of the gender, then somehow or another the male fetuses survived and the female fetuses tended not to survive as much.

Actually that makes more sense to me.

I don’t think it’s going work unless the government forces the couples to reproduce; and if that’s the case 1 man with 2 wives would be more efficient as women can only be pregnant once at a time, but 1 man can impregnate more than 1 woman at a time.

Interestingly, there’s a few comments in the article from Chinese women who said it sounded like a kind of sex slavery for guys who can’t get girls…maybe that’s what the economist who came up with the idea really has in mind.

Not to mention very few men are willing to share a woman.

3 or more children each? The woman would have to give birth to 9 kids. Not happening.

@sree

How do the Chinese make sure that the child is a male?

Abortion or infanticide. For every child above the one, they are taxed (MSU has a sister city in China and therefore has lots of Chinese exchange students). A young lady going to school there said she has a brother and her parents have to pay tax because they have two children. However, some women abort sequential pregnancies after the first one to avoid the tax. If not an abortion and they have a girl, they probably kill her either at birth or do dangerous things to home abort it so no one knows. That said, not all Chinese people avoid having girls.

That said though, I think two men would make women miserable because they’d probably have to put out all the time even though they don’t want to and 1 man two women would be just as bad, except one would have less sex, which would make it slightly better for one of them.

Do you think this is a matter of cultural conditioning? Forcing men to accept accountability and provide child support for every baby he spawns, makes the woman "his". This is to ensure no strange chicks eating up the grubs he brings back to his nest.

If I were a liberal, I would lobby for universal child support: free everything to raise all children from birth to adulthood. This will liberate all kids - black, white, yellow or brown - from poverty immediately. And best of all, sexual freedom between consenting adults.

Can you think of any downsides?

Men have sex with women who have had sex with other men. It is not unusual. Your wife has surely had sex with other men at some time in her life.
3 or more children each?
I was figuring - 3 parents - 3 kids. That would be a replacement rate.
That said though, I think two men would make women miserable because they’d probably have to put out all the time even though they don’t want to...
Idk about that. Seems to me that the woman could have a great sex life with two hubbies vying for her attention.

Also, seems to me that 3 parents would be better able to provide for their family than 2.

I’d like to see the Chinese try it. It would be voluntary, so why should anyone be opposed to it?

1 man with 2 wives would be more efficient as women can only be pregnant once at a time, but 1 man can impregnate more than 1 woman at a time.
Well that is true, but the problem is that there are not enough women for all of the men in CHI-nah.
Not to mention very few men are willing to share a woman. Do you think this is a matter of cultural conditioning? Forcing men to accept accountability and provide child support for every baby he spawns, makes the woman “his”. This is to ensure no strange chicks eating up the grubs he brings back to his nest.
It's biology. Men don't like to share a woman and women don't like to be shared by 2 men. That's why you don't see it in real life.
If I were a liberal, I would lobby for universal child support: free everything to raise all children from birth to adulthood. This will liberate all kids – black, white, yellow or brown – from poverty immediately. And best of all, sexual freedom between consenting adults. Can you think of any downsides?
I guess it would help poor kids, though it wouldn't change sexual behavior at all. The cost of raising a child is never a factor to sexually reckless people, and the overly cautious couples already have all the sexual freedom they need -- they just can't be bothered to reproduce.
Men have sex with women who have had sex with other men. It is not unusual. Your wife has surely had sex with other men at some time in her life.
Not the same thing as 2 men sharing a woman.
Well that is true, but the problem is that there are not enough women for all of the men in CHI-nah.
All the men don't need a woman. A few hundred alpha males can impregnate thousands of women and that will solve the problem. But there seems to be a lack of them in China.

Are those 300 alpha males going to provide for their thousands of offspring? You have some strange ways of seeing the world.

If your beloved alphas impregnated 1000 women each, that would result in 300,000 children. That would be a drop in the bucket of CHI-nah’s population. But 300,000 children being raised by single mothers would be a noticeable drain on the society.

I guess they would have to provide; that’s how it seems to work in China.

And they don’t need to match China’s crazy current overpopulation, they just need to reproduce enough to keep the ethnicity going.

And they don’t need to match China’s crazy current overpopulation, they just need to reproduce enough to keep the ethnicity going.
Well I think they have time to work that out, unless it is from "plastic rain" or something.

(Plastic rain, is our new bugaboo from nature. It used to be acid rain. Now it’s rain with tons of teeny particles of plastic falling on us all, getting in to all of our natural world. What if those teeny particles cause infertility? Huh? Ever think of that?)