Chauvin Found Guilty

I still stand by what I said. White people commit more violent crimes.

Oneguy is regurgitating the narrative that because police arrest more black people, then black people must be more deserving of being arrested. That’s a good theory, but the data does not support it. Oneguy is not worth my time to go over that data again. He even starts out with the misleading “over represented”. For this to mean anything, it would require ignoring any problems with policing, it would require assuming that the justice system of the US is actually just. It would ignore the overall history of policing, and the specific statements by individual police indicating unequal policies. Oneguy wants it to mean there is some genetic reason for why POC are arrested more, or some societal reason caused by and perpetuated by previous generations of POC. Either of those is patently ridiculous.

And that is why I say he is racist.

I still stand by what I said. White people commit more violent crimes.
Yes, because there are more Whites than Blacks in America. However, when that number is compared to the percentage of the population that is white, the offense rate is low. Maybe this analogy will help explain: far more whites have been diagnosed with covid than blacks, but blacks are dying from the disease much more often. That means the death rate is much higher among blacks with covid even though the sheer number of white deaths is much higher.

Statistics are more complex than just per-capita numbers.

? Lausten could just say he’s not going to believe government stats for ideological reasons.

You got the COVID right, but not the crimes.

Lausten could just say he’s not going to believe government stats for ideological reasons. -- oneguy
I didn't argue the numbers. The numbers are the numbers. It's the conclusions you make. They aren't supported by the numbers.

How long before he’s out pending an appeal?.

Probably not going to happen with those convictions.

He’s probably safer behind bars … in solitary