Charlie Kirk calls Simone Biles selfish sociopath

What men need to learn from Simone Biles

July 29, 2021 at 5:41 p.m. EDT

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/07/29/biles-is-helping-show-way-mental-health-lets-hope-follow-male-athletes-follow-her-lead/

Olympic gymnast Simone Biles has gotten a lot of men’s knickers in a quite the twist.

The Olympic medalist and native Texan made headlines when, citing mental health concerns, she pulled out of the team competition finals in Tokyo this week. Her warmup vaults showed signs that something was wrong. She later said she had a case of the “twisties,” a dangerous disorientation that causes gymnasts to lose track of where their body is in the air. One of the greatest gymnasts in history, Biles performs some of the most dangerous skills in the world. This time, she said: “I could have hurt myself.” She had enough wisdom to prioritize her safety and enough faith in her teammates that they could medal without her. And so they did — winning silver.

Simple, understandable and human, right? Unfortunately, no. Black women are apparently still expected to sacrifice themselves for a country that refuses to see them as fully human. And indeed a chorus of men began flipping out over Biles’s choices about her own body.

I’ve been wondering why she didn’t say something sooner, like before she left for Tokyo. I get people thought of her as a GOAT (Greatest Olympian of All Time) and “The Greatest Olympian of the World” etc etc. This would instill fear of not living up to what people thought, which in turn would cause her issues with performing. I get all of that, but I do not get why she didn’t say something sooner.

I’m curious if Charlie Kirk has ever accomplished anything, or did he get another free ride?

Charlie Kirk Credentials

https://www.desmog.com/charlie-kirk/

Wheeling High School (2008 – 2012). Charlie Kirk did not attend college. [1]
Background
Charlie Kirk is the founder and executive director of Turning Point USA (TPUSA), a youth conservative activist organization with the mission “to identify, educate, train, and organize students to promote the principles of freedom, free markets, and limited government.” [2]

When he was 18 years old, Charlie Kirk launched TPUSA with the guidance of William Montgomery and seed funding from Foster Friess, a conservative donor with ties to the Koch brothers. TPUSA now claims a presence on over 1,000 college campus and high schools across the country, and label themselves the largest and fastest growing youth organization in America. [1], [3], [4]

According to his profile at TPUSA, Kirk has appeared on Fox News, CNBC, and FOX Business News over 200 times. He is the author of Time for a Turning Point, a book that he has promoted through the Heartland Institute. [2]

Charlie Kirk is a regular speaker at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC).

Fossil Fuel Funding
Charlie Kirk has admitted to soliciting funds from the fossil fuel industry. He acknowleded in an interview that some donors of TPUSA “are in the fossil-fuel space.” He was a speaker at the 2017 board meeting of the National Mining Association (NMA) and the 2016 annual meeting of the Independent Petroleum Association of America (IPAA). The CEO and president of the IPAA, Barry Russell, is on the advisory council of TPUSA. Kirk has stated that most advisory council members contribute monetary support to the organization. A full list of TPUSA advisory council members can be found on their website. [5], [6]

TPUSA has helped organize opposition to student campaigns pressuring universities to divest from fossil fuels. In an interview with the The New Yorker, Kirk said, “We think targeting fossil fuels is rather unfair, and it is not really in the best interests of the universities to favor one type of political agenda over another.” [5]

Trump Administration
Charlie Kirk’s father, Robert W. Kirk, was the project architect manager for Trump Tower in New York. Charlie Kirk volunteered for Donald Trump’s Trump’s presidential campaign, devoting two months during the election cycle. Kirk has consistently praised Trump, his family, and the Trump Administration in social media and in news outlets like Fox News. He also appeared along alongside the presidential family on the Hannity show. [7], [8], [9]

TPUSA advisory board members Gentry Beach and Thomas Hicks, Jr. raised millions of dollars for Donald Trump as national vice chairman of his presidential campaign. The two also worked with Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump to sell access to Donald Trump to wealthy donors during the 2017 inauguration. Advisory board member Jon D. Willis also helped fundraise money for the Trump Presidential Campaign. Beach is reportedly godfather to one of Donald Trump Jr.’s children. [10], [11], [12], [13], [14]

In December 2017, Trump tweeted his thanks to Kirk for praising his performance as President:

“The President has accomplished some absolutely historic things during this past year.” Thank you Charlie Kirk of Turning Points USA. Sadly, the Fake Mainstream Media will NEVER talk about our accomplishments in their end of year reviews. We are compiling a long & beautiful list.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 22, 2017
Kirk spent New Years Eve 2017 at Mar-a-lago with President Trump:

Happy New Years #MAGA https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/947683273299365888/photo/1

— Charlie Kirk (@charliekirk11) January 1, 2018
Charlie Kirk and Trump January 30th, 2018:

So proud to have this amazing leader as our President #MAGApic.twitter.com/dvTVBXK2mS

— Charlie Kirk (@charliekirk11) January 31, 2018
Stance on Climate Change

So just another trumpian know nothing totalitarian entitled meat head.

Malicious criticism comes so easy to those who haven’t got a clue, about how little they actually know about life, or people or responsibility, or anything of substance.

{from WIKI} - (Charlie Kirk and) The Dunning–Kruger effect is a hypothetical cognitive bias stating that people with low ability at a task overestimate their ability.

As described by social psychologists David Dunning and Justin Kruger, the bias results from an internal illusion in people of low ability and from an external misperception in people of high ability; that is, “the miscalibration of the incompetent stems from an error about the self, whereas the miscalibration of the highly competent stems from an error about others”.[1] It is related to the cognitive bias of illusory superiority and comes from people’s inability to recognize their lack of ability. Without the self-awarenessof metacognition, people cannot objectively evaluate their level of competence.

The effect, or Dunning and Kruger’s original explanation for the effect, has been challenged by mathematical analyses[2][3][4][5][6][7] and comparisons across cultures.[8][9]

Outside psychology, non-professionals often invoke the Dunning-Kruger effect to insult people. Mark Murphy calls this abuse of the theory a form of “weaponized psychology”.[10]. (Then again many extreme pundits, particularly those with a resentment toward science and constructive learning, totally fit the description!)

What men need to learn from Simone Biles
Could you imagine the horror nightmare tabloids that would cause the launch of missiles destroying all nations of the world if it had said "What women need to learn from "enter male". Honestly, I thank female Jesusa that this didn't happen.

Baloney. Males have been telling women what to think and do for ever man. Where has your head been buried???

Why are Republicans taking away birth control? Because they don't want women to have it

Forget the excuses for ending Planned Parenthood’s grants — the goal has always been to take away birth control
By AMANDA MARCOTTE
PUBLISHED AUGUST 20, 2019

https://www.salon.com/2019/08/20/why-are-republicans-taking-away-birth-control-because-they-dont-want-women-to-have-it/

The reason Republicans keep trying to take birth control away from women is simple: They think birth control is bad and you shouldn’t be able to get it.

This should seem obvious, but apparently it is not. Every time Republicans find some new avenue to take away birth control, there is always some elaborate excuse — dutifully repeated by the mainstream media as fact — for why they don’t want to take away your birth control, but simply have to for some other reason that is always, they claim, not about birth control. Birth control is never the target, they swear. It’s always just the unfortunate collateral damage of some fight over, they swear, something else.

Don’t buy it. The reason Republicans keep taking away birth control is because Republicans want to take away your birth control. They hate the power it gives women, especially young women and low-income women.

Conservatives are modern Puritans and, as H.L. Mencken famously said, they are driven by the “haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.” …

The Anti–Birth Control Movement Is the New Anti-Abortion Movement BY MOLLY JONG-FAST July 1, 2021

https: //www_vogue.com/article/anti-birth-control-movemen_

Republicans have started to blur the lines between birth control and abortion in the hopes of making it harder for American women to get both birth control and abortions. And nowhere is this clearer than in the Missouri statehouse, where lawmakers debated whether they needed to restrict Medicaid coverage of birth control and limit payments to Planned Parenthood. Yes, as the Kansas City Starreported, lawmakers there spent hours last week in a discussion that “resembled a remedial sex-education course.” It was a tricky play, attacking birth control as a way to attack abortion, and it didn’t work…this time.

“What’s been happening in Missouri last week should serve as a warning sign for what’s to come,” says Alexis McGill Johnson, president of the Planned Parenthood Action Fund. “We’re already hearing members of the U.S. Congress spread the same falsehoods we’ve seen in Missouri, conflating medications that prevent pregnancy—birth control and emergency contraception—with medications that end pregnancy.”

McGill makes a valuable point—that what happened in Missouri is not isolated, and in many ways it’s part of a Republican playbook for the future.

Just ask women in Georgia, Florida, Alabama, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Mississippi, where abortion access is so limited that women have to drive hundreds of miles to end a pregnancy. We’re already two Americas, and the conservative Supreme Court hasn’t even had a chance to get their hands on abortion. That will take place in October when they hear the Mississippi abortion case [Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organziation] (https://www.supremecourt.gov/qp/19-01392qp.pdf), which will determine the constitutionality of pre-viability prohibitions.

Baloney. Males have been telling women what to think and do for ever man. Where has your head been buried???
That's a hyperbolic statement, to say the least. Why is it so trendy to hate men?

I don’t think you’ve ever tackled the questions on men and women directly.

Who of both sexes has, in your opinion, brought more to the world?

Edit I’ll move this over to a subject post.

Cc: Baloney. Males have been telling women what to think and do for ever man.

Mitch: That’s a hyperbolic statement, to say the least.

What’s hyperbolic about my statement? Republican are bad with their hatred of women and their refusal to honor female sovereignty over their own bodies and a a woman’s real right to self-defense, but I appreciate others are even worse.

Women Are Dying in Overseas Honor Killings, and No One Knows How Bad the Problem Is BY MIRREN GIDDA ON 05/03/17

… In 2000, the United Nations estimated that each year 5,000 women are killed by relatives for supposedly bringing dishonor upon their families. The figure for these so-called honor killings is both outdated and likely inaccurate. A spokesman for the U.N. Population Fund tells Newsweek that since most honor killings happen “in areas where the social-cultural foundations are more accepting of this type of activity,” they are often not reported or passed off as natural deaths. (The organization says it updates its statistics periodically and has not yet produced an update on the 2000 figure.) Some countries have their own independent estimates for the number of honor killings, but the familial collusion that frequently surrounds these deaths renders the figures unreliable …

That’s not even talking about the domestic violence against women in the U.S. and other countries.

Funny how this is turned into some male privilege thing by dorky liberals. ?

The girl is not a sociopath. She is a quitter. She will be remembered as someone who couldn’t step up when it was her turn to do so.

Alpha males never quit

Biles doesn’t have to be an “alpha male”, she just had to perform.

Alpha males always perform. Never let you down

Biles doesn’t have to be an “alpha male”, she just had to perform.

So she’s a GOAT (Greatest Olympian of All Time), Greatest Olympian in the World, meant to perform like an animal in a circus, carrying the world on her shoulders, like Atlas, whether she likes it or not, no matter how she feels? That’s just nice of you. She might as well be a slave to entertain you. Granted, she probably should have turned down going if she felt all that weight and was unable to do her job due to the stress, but perform like a show pony to make you happy… No, that’s not her job. Her health, both mental and physical are important. I can give you even more info on how her mental health is also important to her doing her job as an athlete, but she’s not there to entertain the world. The more she tried, the more stress she had and the more stress she had, the more mistakes she made and the more mistakes she made the more chance of physical injury. What she does is very dangerous and she has to focus. When one gets the twisties, their sense of timing and space is all messed up, which causes injuries, sometimes severe ones. So no, she didn’t just had to perform for you, but also take care of herself.

https://omny.fm/shows/cory-hepola/therapist-matt-johnson-on-simone-biles-decision-to?utm_source=RDC&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=RDC%20NEWS&utm_content=Audacy%20News%207.27.21&mi_u=2248366&mi_ecmp=Audacy%20News%207.27.21

How fickle are the sport fans? A sport’s person can be the undisputed world champion for years and 1 day that person does not feel “right” he or she is branded and ridiculed by people who feel cheated because their expectations were not satisfied.

How fickle are the sport fans?
I remember a study, and it confirmed my experience, that there is a difference between athletes that are near the top of their game and those that win the highest honors. It's a belief in themselves, against all odds, against reason, they believe they will win. It's not something you can coach or teach, except the whole culture of "giving 110%" and "playing hurt" and "pressing through the pain". I'm not saying it's right, it's just where the data points.

It translates into fans when they see the ones that push themselves are the ones that win. This all probably relates back to some lizard brain stuff but I won’t go that way. I was just thinking, the games don’t ever get any worse, when some GOAT ends their career, there’s a big lamentation, a cry for the loss, and the season begins and some rookie gets their attention. I wouldn’t call that fickle, it’s just the fun of playing to win.

Simone Biles is an extraordinary athlete. But what’s behind her mastery? Is it her build, the years of training she’s put in, or… her brain?

Aug 17, 2016 (she was born March 14, 1997, 20 years old when this was made)

The key to Simone Biles’ dominance could be her brain. {go figure. ?}

@write4u

How fickle are the sport fans? A sport’s person can be the undisputed world champion for years and 1 day that person does not feel “right” he or she is branded and ridiculed by people who feel cheated because their expectations were not satisfied.

Apparently so. I don’t understand how people turn on her so easily, expecting her to be a literal GOAT. It’s ridiculous.

Totally agree with you guys.

Here’s a little inside scoop on the physics going on, although there’s more to the story, which has to do with brain’s cerebral Cortex development, and the judgement faculty which isn’t completely developed until 25~27 years of age, they say. I’m thinking the brain of this fearless kid finally kicked and said enough is enough, I don’t want to die young. Just saying it’s a thing, it happens, why are so many flipping out over it?

What's happening inside Simone Biles' brain when the 'twisties' set in? By Nicoletta Lanese - Staff Writer 1 day ago

A complex system in the brain that keeps gymnasts balanced can get out of whack.

https://www.livescience.com/simone-biles-what-are-twisties.html