Cannabis and religion

Sorry that ended so quickly 420, I thought you had some good questions, but it doesn’t seem you are so interested in other people’s opinion. Here’s a really good online debate I’ve been following between two smart people. I’ll link to the point where the atheist presents the argument that by looking at the world we can observe, it sure appears we evolved our morality. Maybe you can point out which parts of the theist arguments you agree with. The “universe from nothing” part comes earlier, use the index.

https://www.richardcarrier.info/archives/15398

There are lots of good links including this one; a list of Biblical passages that are the exact opposite of current laws in modern democratic societies.

420SOS said,

Right, so you belief in the scientifical impossibility that nothing created everything, I think it is you who hasn’t given much thought about it, and you could provide evidence as well but we are not gonna do each other’s homework am I right? so according to you you should base your opinion on mine too, excellent be a nice person, but if you break the law even if you don’t believe in it because it doesn’t fit your lifestyle you still have to pay, and those laws you abide were created based on a set of moral constructions that came from religion

And religion came from…NOTHING!

And man came from…NOTHING!

And God came from…NOTHING!

Everything came from …NOTHING!

It is even religiously impossible that God created everything. Because by the law of chronology; “In the beginning” God would have to have come from NOTHING for him to have created anything at all. It’s no good creating something that already exists.

NOTHING is the virgin state from which everything emerged.

I really don’t bother summarizing the “universe from nothing” answer any more. I just say “Lawrence Krauss”. If you aren’t willing to google that, and spend 1 hour listening to it, then you aren’t worth my time. The most response I ever get is that someone (possibly named, often not) has refuted Krauss or called him an idiot. Sometimes it’s even a physicist. You can find those in the Carrier/Marshall debate, but as Carrier points out, they don’t really refute him. At best, they say there is some missing part of the theory that, if you are also one of the smartest physicists in the world, you could understand. But, we know that we don’t know how the universe came to be, so that’s just a statement of our state of knowing.

We also know that we have now reached way beyond the highest mountains and above the clouds and we didn’t find any gods there.

So you base your belief in something you don’t even know how it began, kudos

<p style=“padding-left: 40px;”>Right, it’s kinda like magic? That’s why it’s proof that only a miracle worker could have created everythig</p>

Just popping in for a second…

What are you saying about Asians? we were talking about how atheists see themselves
Wow, really? I said:
It would be like saying, “All Asians are good at math.” This is a stereotype...
...to compare. What you said about atheists is a stereotype.

And

I have to go too, so peace be with you, I truly mean it
You don't really mean it. Why do Christians do this? Have you ever seen a fight between Christians on social media? They will be attacking each other over dogma, basically accusing each other of heresy, and when they try to end it they say "God bless!" Or "Have a blessed day!" When it's clear they are super angry. It's so disingenuous.
Lausten said,

I really don’t bother summarizing the “universe from nothing” answer any more. I just say “Lawrence Krauss”. If you aren’t willing to google that, and spend 1 hour listening to it, then you aren’t worth my time.

I saw the original tv debate. I do agree with Krauss’ literal posit, but I was a little confused as to generality. I got the impression that he was speaking strictly on a local scale.

A vacant lot has nothing built on it until someone builds a house. Then there is a house where there was nothing before. True, but is that sufficient? Can we make the same argument on a universal scale?

Proof of Principle?

I mentioned the Asian thing because yes it’s a stereotype but it had nothing to do with what we were talking about, what I was debating is the fact that I was being criticized by the way isee atheists because I don’t see them as they see themselves which doesn’t make sense

And who are you to belief what I mean is true or not?, I meant it because the only way to find real peace, not a material fake one, is through God and even though atheists hate it, true Christians will always mean well for others even if they disagree, even if they are insulted or attacked, I just don’t want to keep wasting everyone’s time, one thing is a debate in person but through this platform and by long distance messages not much will be accomplished for either part, so yes, I mean well for all of you wether you wish to believe it or not

And that leaves the question: where did the lot come from? It’s never ending

420SOS said,

the only way to find real peace, not a material fake one, is through God and even though atheists hate it, true Christians will always mean well for others even if they disagree, even if they are insulted or attacked

Really? You may want to read up on the Crusades.

Acts committed in the name of God are “negotiable”. You can even kill in the name of God. Think about that.

And that leaves the question: where did the lot come from? It’s never ending.
Watch this;

That was never God’s word, it is man who manipulated it, those said to be true Christian but weren’t, so you blame the Bible for pedophile priests too I suppose, and for the record, way more deaths were caused by atheists not that it matters they both were wrong, but scripture never instructed to go and kill in the name of Jesus

420SOS said,

That was never God’s word, it is man who manipulated it, those said to be true Christian but weren’t,

How right you are. Religious history is rife with false piety. That is not the atheist’s fault. That corruption lays on the “believer’s” doorstep.

Just as it lays on the non believers doorstep, we are all flawed, however, corruption doesn’t lay on the doorstep of the Bible

So… @420SOS

You come to a forum (CFI) that you must know is mostly atheists, to discuss … weed.

The only posts you have made here have been on CBD and medical marijuana and their benefits.

So, I assume you are into weed?*

Why did you come here to discuss that? Why aren’t you talking about it on Christian boards?

You say:

"the only way to find real peace, not a material fake one, is through God"
First, this is blatantly false. You don't know many atheists. I would suggest some amazing books, about peaceful atheists, but... ... My main question is, Why do you get high?

Isn’t God enough for you?

It seems like you are breaking the law to “get some peace” … and you figure that atheists will be less likely to judge you because we lack morals…?

Then you say

[and even though atheists hate it, true Christians will always mean well for others even if they disagree, even if they are insulted or attacked]
LOL, check out the Inquisition... or a thousand other things

Dude, smoke a doobie and forget about us
LOL

*…No judgment against people who do it, but it has been illegal my whole life where I live, and I don’t break the law…even though I am atheist.

I did try it, one time. But it isn’t a top interest of mine.

I know a couple atheists who get high. I know many more who don’t. Just saying.

<p style="text-align: left;">Hey I'm a sinner, I never said to be a saint, and Im researching about different cannabis topics because it's my job, and cannabis in religion is one of the topics I'm editing and I wanted to get some insight about it but it quickly changed to something else, and I have asked in Christian/Muslim forums too. That's what all atheists say, I can find my own peace, how do you know I don't know many atheists? You keep making assumptions about me,thats a bit biased, and well laughable, almost childish, if you don't wish me here you can report or ignore, no one is forcing you to engage maybe you need that Doobie</p>

The coward who only allows questions but no rebuttles from scholars? he is a joke, Richard Dawkins is another one who has been laughed at on national TV, but I’m sure he is a genius to many too

420SOS

Just as it lays on the non believers doorstep, we are all flawed, however, corruption doesn’t lay on the doorstep of the Bible.

Yes it does because it was written by well-meaning but scientifically ignorant people. The Bible is not accurate, by any objective judgement and presents a distorted perspective on the nature of reality.

This is a corrosive influence and the main cause for the bloodiest wars fought in history. Believer against the Non-Believer.

My version of what “true Christians” are, is those who are in tune with the New Testament versions of Jesus’s words and teachings.

I don’t think that comprises but a small fraction of persons who self-identify as Christians these days.

Anyway, each version of “Christianity”, I think, is comprised of persons who think that their version holds the “true Christians”. And some of those groups can have some pretty messed up beliefs.

http://www.thomism.org/atheism/atheist_murderers.html make sure to have a calculator

<p style=“text-align: left;”>Can’t argue with that, but still it is people that manipulate the word, it is not the word that manipulates people, but I agree even Catholics “believe” in Christ but are actually pagan</p>
<p style=“text-align: left;”></p>