Can you help me debunk this?

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Fátima.

you linked to a debunking site. you seem to be doing pretty well on your own.

They don’t really debunk it as much as they analyze it. the parts that I find the hardest to debunk it the second secret which says that (Russia will spread her errors throughout the word causing many wars
But at the end Russia will be converted and the world would enter a period of peace) Now Russia did spread communism throughout the world and the soviet union collapsed.

They don't really debunk it as much as they analyze it. the parts that I find the hardest to debunk it the second secret which says that (Russia will spread her errors throughout the word causing many wars But at the end Russia will be converted and the world would enter a period of peace) Now Russia did spread communism throughout the world and the soviet union collapsed.
what wars has russia caused?
They don't really debunk it as much as they analyze it. the parts that I find the hardest to debunk it the second secret which says that (Russia will spread her errors throughout the word causing many wars But at the end Russia will be converted and the world would enter a period of peace) Now Russia did spread communism throughout the world and the soviet union collapsed.
what wars has russia caused? Ukraine.
what wars has russia caused? Ukraine. what war?
what wars has russia caused? Ukraine. what war? Oh my. :long:
what wars has russia caused? Ukraine. what war? Oh my. :long: oh my what?? this Russia will spread her errors throughout the world causing many wars oh dear!!!
Why is it so important to you to "debunk" it? Personally I'd settle for understanding it. Read the prophecy more carefully. It says, "If my requests are heeded, Russia will be converted, and there will be peace; if not, she will spread her errors throughout the world, causing wars and persecutions of the Church." Seems pretty straightforward to me. It's common practice to single out the Big Enemy of whatever time you live in and say, "Yep, one day they'll see the error of their ways and they'll bow down in submission..." If I recall correctly, the Old Testament prophets used to say the same thing about Egypt and Babylon.

I can debunk in one paragraph. The entire basis of the story is hearsay, the word of three children. Any thing in the prediction that resembles reality is coincidence or informed by insight at best. The consecration of Russia has not ushered in a period of world peace obviously.

Also most of this was already applied to WW2

The children of Fatima supposedly saw the apparition in 1917. WW1 was already raging for 3 years. There had to have been plenty of talk by adults in their midst about Russia that they would have overheard. No doubt, they picked up someone’s prediction of what would happen after the war. It was an incorrect prediction, but no miracle, if that is what the children said. They simply put the words they overheard into the mouth of the Virgin Mary, conflating what they were being taught in church with things they overheard about the war. No doubt many people around them held that opinion about Russia at the time. Though Russia didn’t cause WWI or WWII, they were heavily involved in both, to say nothing of the cold war. This was a matter of kids being kids, and it was no miracle.
Lois

^"like ". We need a like button.

Not world peace, but the number of wars decreases significantly after the cold war.

I should probably have pointed out more clearly that the prophecy was first revealed in 1941.

The Catholic cult creates sites like that for the sole purpose to generate large amounts of cash. NOTHING MORE. They dare to talk about Russia needing to covert, but they continue to rape little kids to the left and to the right. They hoard money and financial assets throughout the globe and by the billions If not trillions, knowing what Jesus said about worshipping money AND God. They do that while 2/3rds of the world’s population live on 1 dollar to 50 cents a day!! They relentlessly engage in criminal activity and conspiracy like there will be no tomorrow. Etc. they do this while claiming to be the divine beacons of light put in place by Jesus Christ himself to "shepherd the people!!! If anybody around the world NEEDS converting, it is precisely this cult!!! And as such, they are in no place or position to make such abominable claims, in one way or the other. They treat their to-be-canonized people like crap, throughout their lives. But the minutes these poor people die, they quickly make 'em saints, start to write books on their behalf, make stupid fetishes, medallions, chaplets with their faces on them and watch the large amounts of money freely flowing on the way to the Vatican. The Catholic Church is the biggest thug and scam artist the world has ever known.
And this is only the tip of the iceberg. If only you knew.
Let me give you a Q, if you ever hear about a new catholic site where something happened that is out of the ordinary and people are flocking in that direction, AGAIN, that only means one thing: The Vatican is running out of cash and they need to build a new portal into their cattle’s wallets.
THAT’S IT!! Look up how much money Fatima generates and how much of it goes to the poor vs. to the Vatican. That will be another debunking Q for you.
If they are Authentic, and boy ooOh BoOy, “Authentic” do they claim to be, why aren’t they PAYING THEIR TAXES just like Jesus The Christ Himself DID!!! read the below verse. The answer is They are NOT Authentic. And if they are not, then neither is FATIMA or any of their other fictitious dens. Here’s another testimony to their falsehood: The below verse also hints that Jesus didn’t have a wallet (nor did he have a home according to Matthew 8:20 I think). The declared known assets to the Vatican are no less than 9 fat billion dollars!!! Jesus didn’t even have a wallet. I let you draw your conclusions.
“But so that we may not cause offense, go to the lake and throw out your line. Take the first fish you catch; open its mouth and you will find a four-drachma coin. Take it and give it to them for my tax and yours.” Matthew 17:23

There is NO emprical evidence of this vision or any other one.
Don’t waste your time on people’s indoctrinated fantasies.
The fantasy doesn’t need debunking. All it needs is common sense.
It doesn’t matter how much the children believed it. It’s still a fantasy with no objective evidence behind it. It’s best dismissed as indoctrinated imagination, top to bottom.
Lois

If I may offer this perspective.
Humans strive for having freedom of choice, but this freedom also causes conflict. You just cannot do as you please if it conflicts with the rights of others.
In a dictatorship freedom of choice is strictly regulated, usually by force, which does indeed restrict conflict, but this is from fear , not from free will.
There may have been benign dictatorships, which allowed freedom without conflict, but I can’t think of any.

There is NO emprical evidence of this vision or any other one. Don’t waste your time on people’s indoctrinated fantasies. The fantasy doesn’t need debunking. All it needs is common sense. It doesn’t matter how much the children believed it. It’s still a fantasy with no objective evidence behind it. It’s best dismissed as indoctrinated imagination, top to bottom. Lois
This clip may shed some light on the subject. He doesn't go into confirmation bias but it is implied in the lecture. It's pretty neat; https://www.ted.com/talks/anil_seth_how_your_brain_hallucinates_your_conscious_reality