Calendars

The Holocene way of thinking about measuring time as compared to the Gregorian thinking. I find the Holocene method more logical for various reasons of putting subjects into a better prospective. It works this way. When you use any date, then subconsciously add 10,000 years. Example, the year 1778 would be 11,778. This puts the constitution being written in relationship to mankind’s progress and not a religious factor of the Gregorian (or “Christian") calendar.
Holocene calendar, from Wikipedia.
“Holocene era” for the geological epoch, see Holocene.
The Holocene calendar, also known as the Holocene Era (HE) is a year numbering system that adds exactly 10,000 years to the currently world-dominant AD or CE era system, placing its first year near the beginning of the Holocene epoch and the Neolithic revolution, making the current year 12,016 HE. It was first proposed by the scientist Cesare Emiliani in 1993.
For Jews, this is the year 5776 AM (“In the Year of the World").
For Christians, it’s the year 2016 AD (“In the Year of the Lord").
For Muslims this is the year 1437 AH (“In the Year of the Hijra").
For (anyone that wants) 12,016 HE (“Mankind’s progress").
Note, it was in 2004 that the world accepted the Christian calendar for trade and communication by the enactment of ISO 8601:2004.

Once again you are misinterpreting what you read. ISO 8601:2004 merely standardizes “calendar dates expressed in terms of calendar year, calendar month and calendar day of the month.” I was born in 1955. The only thing that changed in 2004 was accepting the convention of writing December 25, 2016 as 2016/12/25. The US is holding out, of course, but Europe uses that convention. This has nothing to do with the so-called Christian Calendar. Here is some background on the calendar.
http://www.webexhibits.org/calendars/calendar-christian.html

Once again you are misinterpreting what you read. ISO 8601:2004 merely standardizes "calendar dates expressed in terms of calendar year, calendar month and calendar day of the month." I was born in 1955. The only thing that changed in 2004 was accepting the convention of writing December 25, 2016 as 2016/12/25. The US is holding out, of course, but Europe uses that convention. This has nothing to do with the so-called Christian Calendar. Here is some background on the calendar. http://www.webexhibits.org/calendars/calendar-christian.html
Your right, I was thinking the standardization was accepted as the approved method. I was focusing on the religious and history aspects of how we come up with and think about the “year". That date “December 25, 2016 as 2016/12/25" is the Gregorian date. The Gregorian date I believe is based upon Jesus and the Christian religion. And maybe I should have used Gregorian calendar for the ISO regulation, but I thought people would understand that the Gregorian calendar is based upon Christian dates. Thus when you say December 25th, 2016. What does the “2016" represent? I understand ISO is setting the format. And I was thinking it was setting the format for the use of the Gregorian date. But as you point out it is just a format so the other religions could use the ISO format. Thanks for pointing that out. I find the ISO standard backward to what I have come to understand as the proper method and what I feel comfortable using. And I would feel uncomfortable adding 10K to the written date, but I am not uncomfortable adding it subconsciously when using dates.