Black Mirror

Anybody watch these? They were on Netflix. Real good, check 'em out.
You’ll like them.
A show called Black Mirror.
It’s like a modern Twilight Zone. Very well done. Thought provoking. Excellent social commentary.
Sci-fi. It’s got everything!

Here is episode 1, I think. So far, I have only watched up to the part where a certain demand was placed on the prime minister (of Great Britain, I think).
Looks like my kind of show, also. (Not because of the particular demand, but because it is so far out.) I love sci-fi, too.

Thanks for the heads up. That was extremely bizarre. When I saw the title, I thought it was this, also bizarre, installation in Greece]. I was on a Rick Steve’s tour that went to this island. We had free time and I saw a poster for it. You had to walk a little out of town to this otherwise abandon building.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHTRVOGJRFA Here is episode 1, I think. So far, I have only watched up to the part where a certain demand was placed on the prime minister (of Great Britain, I think). Looks like my kind of show, also. (Not because of the particular demand, but because it is so far out.) I love sci-fi, too.
Oh you're gonna love these then Tim. The first episode is just a warm-up, and a little askance.
Anybody watch these? They were on Netflix. Real good, check 'em out. You'll like them. A show called Black Mirror. It's like a modern Twilight Zone. Very well done. Thought provoking. Excellent social commentary. Sci-fi. It's got everything!
Charlie Brooker is a genius, if you can check out his documentaries ScreenWipe, Newswipe, GamesWipe, and How TV Ruined Your Life. He's really popular in the UK.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHTRVOGJRFA Here is episode 1, I think. So far, I have only watched up to the part where a certain demand was placed on the prime minister (of Great Britain, I think). Looks like my kind of show, also. (Not because of the particular demand, but because it is so far out.) I love sci-fi, too.
Oh you're gonna love these then Tim. The first episode is just a warm-up, and a little askance. Unfortunately that site is blocked on copyright grounds, in the US, at least. It may be available in the UK. Lois

I liked episodes “1 million merits”, the one about social ratings, and also “I will return back” or something like that. Actually, the one about the “evil” genius who put his colleagues inside the computer game – is good too. Because it is my dream: to be inside the game like in anime “Sword Art Online” or even “Jumanji” concept.

Personally, I would like to become a character in the World of Warcraft game with all characteristics, skills and etc. And with the ability to charge game money in real life.

And there is a question: what would happen with the boosting services like hotgear.eu/us or ownedcore and boosters themselves if we would receive access to the full and deep virtual reality? Would they adapt or no? Or cheaters?

That is the question to our nearby future, heh :slight_smile:

1 Like

I watched Black Mirror a few years back.
Good stuff. Yes, a little uncomfortable at times. I know a few people that couldn’t watch the whole series.

1 Like