BEK

Recently I’ve been reading up on the black eyed kids/ children phenomena. . Personally I think there is an extremely small chance that its something paranormal. For example if they want to get into your house so bad why not warp inside. It also doesn’t make any sense because why would they turn into humans, but not change their eyes or skin color. So far from looking at the evidence I have found I can say that its most likely a hoax and/or people misinterpreting things. I also want to see if anyone has evidence for or against it and what do you guys think about the topic?

Sorry. I have no idea what you are talking about. My eyes are black…didn’t know it was associated with anything other than having inherited a gene…

Its not just the iris that’s black, its the entire eye. There are some interesting stories on the web, but read them with a grain of salt.

In my eighty-two years of reading scientific books and papers, I have never seen any reference to anyone having an entirely black eye ball. The only place I’ve seen it is as a special effect in fantasy movies. About the closest one can get are jaundice which would turn the white yellow or an extreme hangover which would cause the white to have a matrix of red veins or capillaries. :slight_smile: The stories are fairytales.
Occam

I know many of them are fake, but I also found that many goth kids also wear stuff like this and tattooing eyes is becoming popular in urban areas which also has the most amount of these sightings. By the way does anyone know how to see if a story is real or not?

The other problem is there hasn’t been any investigation on these events except for pro-paranormal guys. I think we should investigate these weird claims more because otherwise no one would see the more rational side of these stories.

I haven’t followed the BEK reports. I found this article with some ideas:

Personally, I think hallucinations or illusions shouldn’t be dismissed either.

Recently I've been reading up on the black eyed kids/ children phenomena. . Personally I think there is an extremely small chance that its something paranormal. For example if they want to get into your house so bad why not warp inside. It also doesn't make any sense because why would they turn into humans, but not change their eyes or skin color. So far from looking at the evidence I have found I can say that its most likely a hoax and/or people misinterpreting things. I also want to see if anyone has evidence for or against it and what do you guys think about the topic?
Seriously???? If they're out there, they are definitely using these: http://www.sclera-lenses.com/
I know many of them are fake, but I also found that many goth kids also wear stuff like this and tattooing eyes is becoming popular in urban areas which also has the most amount of these sightings. By the way does anyone know how to see if a story is real or not?
You can always try www.snopes.com or www.urbanlegends.com, though they seldom comment on science fiction.
If you hear it on Coast to Coast AM it is almost certainly fake.

Yeah it was most likely pranksters/ hoaxers or people with hallucinations. I just find it weird how it was so viral for awhile. I still wonder why people listen to coast to coast and stuff like that.

In my eighty-two years of reading scientific books and papers, I have never seen any reference to anyone having an entirely black eye ball. The only place I've seen it is as a special effect in fantasy movies. About the closest one can get are jaundice which would turn the white yellow or an extreme hangover which would cause the white to have a matrix of red veins or capillaries. :) The stories are fairytales. Occam
I've seen the whites of the eye turn entirely bright red after a trauma. Very startling, but easily explainable..
Seriously???? If they're out there, they are definitely using these: http://www.sclera-lenses.com/
Geez, those look painful to wear. How big can contact lenses get before wearing them is unwise?

They’re still a better idea than the nitwits who tattoo their scleras. How stupid do you have to be to inject ink into your eyeball?