AUKUS is born AUKUS is born

I think it was Australia’s decision to dump the French deal.
What wrong with that?
Morrison feels he is doing what’s best for his country.

So they’ll just purchase submarines and let them sit at the docks unused?

“Nuclear submarines” means Nuclear powered. Not necessarily nuclear warhead equipped. I haven’t seen any mention of that.

A little bit of Britain stretching it’s wings after Brexit?

This probably wouldn’t have gone down if Britain were still part of the EU.

And to continue correcting you - the French subs were diesel powered.

“There are only six countries in the world that have nuclear submarines, including China, the US, Russia, the UK, France, and India, all of which possess nuclear weapons as well. It is clear that nuclear-powered submarines and nuclear weapons are inextricably linked with each other.”

“totalitarian thinking is more dangerous to the USA, France, England and the world than any rift between France and America.”

"Looking at the latest changes in nuclear policies of the US and the UK, it is needless to say that what these countries have done has disappointed the world. US President Joe Biden once campaigned in his election campaign to reduce the role of nuclear weapons in the US security policy. However, less than eight months after entering the White House, he is eating his campaign pledge. "

Malaysia warns AUKUS pact will spark nuclear arms race in Indo-Pacific

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.smh.com.au/world/asia/malaysia-warns-aukus-pact-will-spark-nuclear-arms-race-in-indo-pacific-20210918-p58stm.html

America is a clear and present danger to world peace

Interpreting your quotes from the Chinese opinion piece without your own comments, you think the US is just going to hand over nuclear weapons to Australia.

The facts are the facts. Doesn’t matter who says it. Ask Malaysia Indonesia why they are so upset about this

Will it be able to launch nukes?

If there is one thing the Australian government has been very clear about, it’s that the subs will not be armed with nuclear weapons and that Australia is not seeking to obtain nuclear weapons capability.

That’s not to say the submarine won’t be capable of doing so. Using the Virginia-class as an example, the build comes 12 vertical missile launch tubes and four 533mm torpedo tubes. It is capable of launching 16 Tomahawk cruise missiles in one salvo but can be modified to mount heavier weapons systems. While these missiles could potentially be built to carry a nuclear warhead, as of 2019 the only variations of the Tomahawk missile in operation were non-nuclear.

What are nuclear-powered submarines, anyway? A guide to Australia’s looming military addition | Australian military | The Guardian

Australia’s neighbours don’t have your faith and the current fact about nuclear sub countries and weapons sticks

So you think if the streets are wet, it is raining.

So Australia will need docks that are capable of nuclear submarines.
… How Convenient!

(and more realistic than handing over nuclear weapons technology)

Likely or not likely?

Please clarify
and add my 20 characters

Diesel Electric submarines are capable of firing tomahawk missiles.
So Diesel Electric submarines are capable of firing nuclear warheads.

So while cruising around looking for info, I found two interesting articles I need to re-read at some time:

United States Submarine Capabilities | NTI

There’s a Case for Diesels | Proceedings - June 2018 144/6/1,384 (usni.org)

My God. Snowflakes and Trumpism. You better wake up. The Democrats are all for totalitarianism. With the welfare state. We have 19% of the people married to the government. The whole idea of this binary and non-gender cra_ is to be able to have the male population married to the government too. Doubling the number of Democrats relying on the government to control their lives. Males cannot have babies. That is overcome by DACA recipients. The government will pay the male population to take care of DACA children. In return get more democrats.

Dictator example, a judge ordered the government to reinstate the stay in Mexico system. Biden doesn’t want to do that. So, he just ignores the judicial branch of the government. So, do not tell me he is not a dictator. Also, the court held that the DACA program is unlawful. But that has not stopped the executive branch from continuing to break the laws of this country. And some very stupid people think that they can justify this by blaming Trump. Shameful.

The issue about the submarines is simple. It is like buying a computer. You should buy the computer that fits your needs. Australia figured out with this upcoming China deal they need a better submarine than France makes. No big deal. The big deal is Biden is a jerk and a liar and did what all dictatorial leaders do. He did what he has done for the last forty years in DC. Messed up every foreign deal he has had control of.

And the Repugs are out to kill people, yet you tell people to wake up. Seems to me the pot is calling the kettle black. Personally, I rather go with the Dems than the murderous Repugs, especially the Repugs who worship the Dotard.

Seventeen prisoners were executed in the United States in 2020. Yet, what was there, 277 people died because there was no wall so far this year that we know about.

I rather go with the Dems than the murderous Repugs

It would be more correct if you said. I rather go with the 17 times more murderous Dems than the murderous Repugs.

And to top it off, you hate the guy who was trying to stop the deaths. Biden has yet to admit there is a boarder crisis. And Harris, where is she at?

No, the dotard was not trying to stop the deaths. I don’t know where you get that from. Faux News?

No, America is trying to maintain world peace. YOU ARE a clear and present danger . You are the warmonger, spreading false information.

1 Like