Armed Group Occupies Fed-Land. Not Terrorist?

These groups are not being labeled terrorists because the Gov’t is afraid of inciting more discord.
So they are hesitant to use force to suppress these overt terrorist actions.
A horrible dysfunction by itself, let alone the misguided feelings of these yahoos with guns who are “occupying” a Federal facility.

The government has nothing to loose by letting these nuts throw their tantrum, get bored, and go home. These are some twisted vigilantes, not terrorists. They’re trying to provoke the government, not incite terror.

They are idiots, and are being soundly lampooned on social media.

Terrorists deliberately murder innocents to grab attention.

The government has nothing to loose by letting these nuts throw their tantrum, get bored, and go home. These are some twisted vigilantes, not terrorists. They're trying to provoke the government, not incite terror.
They're losing face. That's what the govt has to lose. The government has nothing to lose many times when it is confronted with protesters. Usually though they club, pepper spray, and arrest..especially minorities. These guys are white, and are openly armed and making threatening statements...and the government does nothing. Wake up!!
The government has nothing to loose by letting these nuts throw their tantrum, get bored, and go home. These are some twisted vigilantes, not terrorists. They're trying to provoke the government, not incite terror.
They're losing face. That's what the govt has to lose. The government has nothing to lose many times when it is confronted with protesters. Usually though they club, pepper spray, and arrest..especially minorities. These guys are white, and are openly armed and making threatening statements...and the government does nothing. Wake up!! What would you suggest? Send in the ATF and FBI and National Guard? Possibly kill innocents in the ensuing firefight? Remember Ruby Ridge and Waco's Branch Davidian's? Remember Timothy McVeigh's answer to the Waco massacre?
These groups are not being labeled terrorists because the Gov't is afraid of inciting more discord. So they are hesitant to use force to suppress these overt terrorist actions. A horrible dysfunction by itself, let alone the misguided feelings of these yahoos with guns who are "occupying" a Federal facility.
They also don't want another Waco. Theae nuts are as bad as the Branch Davidians when it comes to acting irrationally and doing something stupid. It's best to wait them out. They'll give up sooner or later. If they just wind up killing each other, so be it. "Give a fool enough rope . . " etc. They're up for the Darwin Awards. If they'd been arrested and charged the last time they tried something similar, they wouldn't be there now.
They're losing face. That's what the govt has to lose. The government has nothing to lose many times when it is confronted with protesters. Usually though they club, pepper spray, and arrest..especially minorities. These guys are white, and are openly armed and making threatening statements...and the government does nothing. Wake up!! What would you have them do? Go storming in as they did in Waco? That turned out well, didn't it?
These groups are not being labeled terrorists because the Gov't is afraid of inciting more discord. So they are hesitant to use force to suppress these overt terrorist actions. A horrible dysfunction by itself....
These groups are not being labeled terrorists because the Gov't is afraid of inciting more discord. So they are hesitant to use force to suppress these overt terrorist actions. A horrible dysfunction by itself....
I think that is an incorrect assessment. That is not why they won't go in. It's much more complicated than you suggest and it has nothing to do with race, ethnicity or religion. A terrorist is a terrorist. Timothy McVeigh, as one example, shows up on most lists of terrorists. He was white and Christian--and an American, born and brought up in the United States.
What would you have them do? Go storming in as they did in Waco? That turned out well, didn't it?
Could you make up your mind? Do you see the obvious contradictions you're making? Ugghhh, echhh! Bloviaters who just want argue for argument's sake. I start this topic off with a statement that you all vehemently argue with me on how correct my statement is?

I found it also ironic that while Obama was giving his speech about better gun control, an armed militia was
occupying a federal facility in protest of the imprisonment of criminals.
I wonder what would happen if a group of legally armed black citizens occupied a federal facility in protest of the imprisonment of somebody?
Hmmnn?

By Eugene Robinson Opinion writer January 4 Washington Post What do you think the response would be if a bunch of black people, filled with rage and armed to the teeth, took over a federal government installation and defied officials to kick them out? I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t be wait-and-see. Probably more like point-and-shoot.
I'll take the opinion of Eugene Robinson over yall's goofy sentiments any day!
They're losing face. That's what the govt has to lose. The government has nothing to lose many times when it is confronted with protesters. Usually though they club, pepper spray, and arrest..especially minorities. These guys are white, and are openly armed and making threatening statements...and the government does nothing. Wake up!! Loosing face by letting these guys make asses of themselves? I disagree.
I found it also ironic that while Obama was giving his speech about better gun control, an armed militia was occupying a federal facility in protest of the imprisonment of criminals. I wonder what would happen if a group of legally armed black citizens occupied a federal facility in protest of the imprisonment of somebody? Hmmnn?
What do YOU think would happen?
What would you have them do? Go storming in as they did in Waco? That turned out well, didn't it?
Could you make up your mind? Do you see the obvious contradictions you're making? Ugghhh, echhh! Bloviaters who just want argue for argument's sake. I start this topic off with a statement that you all vehemently argue with me on how correct my statement is? Explain the contradictions I made. I thought I was responding to your statement. I suspect you call it a contradiction because somehow I am disagreeing with your own assessment, whatever it is. It's hard to tell.
I found it also ironic that while Obama was giving his speech about better gun control, an armed militia was occupying a federal facility in protest of the imprisonment of criminals. I wonder what would happen if a group of legally armed black citizens occupied a federal facility in protest of the imprisonment of somebody? Hmmnn?
What do YOU think would happen? I think the probability would be 1000% higher that the Government(state, county, municipal or feds) would rush in. That's what I and most observers think.
Explain the contradictions I made. I thought I was responding to your statement. I suspect you call it a contradiction because somehow I am disagreeing with your own assessment, whatever it is. It's hard to tell.
No, it's all written above. Go back and figure it out. It's not difficult. I said the govt is not rushing in because they don't want to incite more discord. You retort: What do you expect them to do, rush in and cause further discord? Hello? Can you read?

Read this and let’s hear what you think of it.
http://time.com/4167857/why-we-dont-call-the-oregon-militia-members-terrorists/
For the record, I DO call them terrorists by my definition of terrorist. How about you?

Read this and let's hear what you think of it. http://time.com/4167857/why-we-dont-call-the-oregon-militia-members-terrorists/ For the record, I DO call them terrorists by my definition of terrorist. How about you?
Lois are you doing this on purpose? This is my thread....Did you not read the title or my opening statement?