Alternative Medicine and secularism

continuation of the post:
…What I respect though is Native Americans and their traditions which include smoking different herbs. I am not going to tell them you shouldn’t do that when they’ve done it for centuries. My ex was all American white boy. So this does not apply to him.
I never heard about “reefer madness”.
I got to admit, you have a very sophisticated taste in music. And I envy you for being able to play bass. The closest I came to learning is almost buying a full electronic drum set when I was into a metal band. The landlord used to illegally come into my apt when I was at work. so I did not and I just moved out of there.

continuation of the post: ...What I respect though is Native Americans and their traditions which include smoking different herbs. I am not going to tell them you shouldn't do that when they've done it for centuries. My ex was all American white boy. So this does not apply to him. I never heard about "reefer madness". I got to admit, you have a very sophisticated taste in music. And I envy you for being able to play bass. The closest I came to learning is almost buying a full electronic drum set when I was into a metal band. The landlord used to illegally come into my apt when I was at work. so I did not and I just moved out of there.
"Reefer Madness" was a propaganca film, which became a cult film. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhQlcMHhF3w Your choice of drums indicates a mathematical mindset. Good drumers can also incorporate melodic lines in their rhythmical progression. Especially in small groups, the ability to anticipate what the other musicians have in mind, when they develop a free form emotional musical story, told in harmonic combination and in a spirit of harmonic. When that happens it's magical. Listen to this little clip of Mongolian Throatsinging (while visualizing the vast space of Mongolia). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zZainT9v6Q
Smoking marijuana does not make you ignorant, on the contrary, it makes you able to detect ignorance or stubborn willfulness.
Not in the above specimen, it does not. IN fact if anything, based on the evidence it makes one ignorant, "stubborn" and the rest...I mean just look at this guy. Amazing LOL.
If you have never used it yourself, you cannot speak "knowledgeably" on the subject.
I prefer to be clear headed. I was married to a guy who was unable to function due to his enamoring with his pot. I was forced to let him go. He was a pile of dung BECAUSE OF THAT. He was very motivated to quit it, he'd try, then while trying he will hit the gas with drinking, and his pot head friends would come to the house, and start doing that garbage in front of him, knowing that he was trying to quit, to tempt him. So this is the type of garbage that makes one into. His friends were such vile maggots. And PRESUMABLY they aaaaaaaall had a college education. They must have majored in smoking pot and doing mashrooms and lsd. Since they all did that along with that. Thanks but no thanks.
If you feel a connectedness with the universe now, you'd be wallowing in the spiritual world, if you took just a single THC candy. Obviously, you love music, but a small stimulation from THC will allow you to merge with the music at a much deeper level. THC works completely different than opioids. There is no "reefer madness", that was a blatant PR stunt.
When I saw Jesus I was clear headed. I didn't tell you one time I was pissed off going down the street. Around 9 in the morning. I was mentally yelling at him for screwing me over. No more family, no nothing. He took it all. It was a gray day and I was looking down while walking. Suddenly I felt compelled to look up the sky. And guess what I SAW, what was there? A pair of giant, oversize, marvelous looking, Light-Eyes, that stretched ACROSS THE SKY!!!! ....gazing down at me from above, and looking at me with such an Affection and Tenderness!!! the mental yelling, on a dime, turned into loving. All I was able to repeatedly say from then on is "I love you, I love you,...", while frozen and staring at the sight. And an unimaginable Peace came upon me and stayed with me all day. All that burning fire that was killing me inside has been instantaneously expelled. Once I calmed down the eyes disappeared. Needless to say that I couldn't stop re-running the experience in my head for I don't known how long. Days... He didn't need me to get stoned for him to show up and give me such gift. He just showed up because he Knew I needed him to do so. Of course I don't control that. You guys could go to Alabama whenever you feel like it. LMAO. I can't. And I am fine with that. This is what makes our experiences different from one another. I felt like a baby that started to scream in its cradle. The Father came, sung to it, swung the cradle back and forth til the baby went back to sleep, and the Father left!!! It was Unbelievable. Anone who claims to “see" Jesus is anything but clear-headed. They’re delusional. LL
"Reefer Madness" was a propaganca film, which became a cult film. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhQlcMHhF3w
Thank you.
Your choice of drums indicates a mathematical mindset.
I was told music helps develop math abilities, but, specifically the drums? Not sure. And I am music fan for sure. I love the drums I always been nuts about them.
Good drumers can also incorporate melodic lines in their rhythmical progression. Especially in small groups, the ability to anticipate what the other musicians have in mind, when they develop a free form emotional musical story, told in harmonic combination and in a spirit of harmonic. When that happens it's magical.
I love percussions, and it's true I am able to intuitively feel and follow a song without really knowing it b4 hand. All of music is kind of magical regardless.
Listen to this little clip of Mongolian Throatsinging (while visualizing the vast space of Mongolia). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zZainT9v6Q
I forgot to do what you suggested as far as the visualizing. But I LOVE this Guy!!!!! AMAZING. His vocals become like a tunnel one walks through. Absolutely remarkable. I'd be curious to have him regressed to just find out what his soul history is. Oh My Gawwd. Thank you so much. I can astro trip to china using one of this guy's albums. Myyy. Thank you so much. I subscribed to his channel. Yeah, I think I am getting an album. Thank you so much.
Anone who claims to “see" Jesus is anything but clear-headed. They’re delusional. LL
And someone who thinks they know what they are talking about, precisely knowing a zip about a field they don't even think exist are schizoOphrenic at best. It's like a blind person claiming the blue color is all in our head: those who CAn SEE the blue color for what it is. I, at the very least, when I don't comprehend something, I just leave it alone. I don't jump at people throats and be stupid.
"Reefer Madness" was a propaganca film, which became a cult film. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhQlcMHhF3w
Thank you.
Your choice of drums indicates a mathematical mindset.
I was told music helps develop math abilities, but, specifically the drums? Not sure. And I am music fan for sure. I love the drums I always been nuts about them. IMO, rhythm is a mathematical function.
Good drumers can also incorporate melodic lines in their rhythmical progression. Especially in small groups, the ability to anticipate what the other musicians have in mind, when they develop a free form emotional musical story, told in harmonic combination and in a spirit of harmonic. When that happens it's magical.
I love percussions, and it's true I am able to intuitively feel and follow a song without really knowing it b4 hand. All of music is kind of magical regardless.
Listen to this little clip of Mongolian Throatsinging (while visualizing the vast space of Mongolia). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zZainT9v6Q
I forgot to do what you suggested as far as the visualizing. But I LOVE this Guy!!!!! AMAZING. His vocals become like a tunnel one walks through. Absolutely remarkable. I'd be curious to have him regressed to just find out what his soul history is. Oh My Gawwd. Thank you so much. I can astro trip to china using one of this guy's albums. Myyy. Thank you so much. I subscribed to his channel. Yeah, I think I am getting an album. Thank you so much.
In case you missed this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQkrsdjJB2s
IMO, rhythm is a mathematical function.
I realize that. And it connects the facts about mathematics and music both being universal languages.
... In case you missed this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQkrsdjJB2s
I thought Alex had some type of electronic box on the background doing the whistling for him. But apparently they could simultaneously emit dual sounds. ...the more I know LOL. I am planning on going to Europe in about a year from now. Now I feel like watching documentaries about Mongolia :kiss: .

You’ve said it all. The society just place so much value and attention to the so called conventional medicine just because it has been approved by an organisation. Little do they know that those we tag as alternative medicine, in which many even hate refering to as medicine, are more effective than the conventional ones. They speak against alternative medicine because it has not been scientifically proved and if we ask them to test it in the lab, they will not agree

Richard,

The people on this thread haven’t been around for a long time. I don’t know if they will respond to you.

Just curious, how do you know these “alternatives” are effective?

Holy thread resurrection.

I’m a practitioner of an “alternative” health profession and am also curious about what Richard has to say concerning the proof behind generalized “alternatives.”

Alternative medicine includes many things from pure charlatanism to real science.

For instance, for me, homeopathy is pure charlatanism. I have friends and family who use it and are fans. The 2 laws of homeopathy, similarity and contagion, are the laws of magic. If you pour a glass of vinegar in Leman lake, all the waters of the lake cannot get the properties of vinegar.

On the other side, healing with plants is an old and true method and there is no reason it does not work.

Between them, there are many medicines, and about them, i would profess agnoticism.

Now I remember having read an experience about placebo effect: 2 groups, one takes traditional medicine, one takes traditional medicine and a placebo is added, people being told that it is a placebo. the group given placebo obtained better results.

This link is not about this experience but says same thing:

https://www.health.harvard.edu/mental-health/the-power-of-the-placebo-effect

One superiority of alternative medicines is that, usually, the doctor takes the time to listen to the patient. My daughter uses alternative medicine for her eczema with succes.

And finally, in some cases, traditional medicines and surgery are the only way. When you have cancer or tuberculosis, no escape from them, except death.

Haven’t ever seen a study where they tell the people they are getting a placebo.

But I know thoughts affect health. When I was working, I would get occasional migraines, usually on Saturday morning. I don’t get them since retirement. It’s something to do with how the body reacts to stress.

Practitioners of alternative and allied health forms of medicine take more time to listen to their patients simply because we don’t see the sheer number of patients per hour that, say, a DO or MD does. Either that or we don’t require the potentially long amounts of time with them as some other practitioners, such as surgeons. This is down to economics but it can work favorably in patient outcomes and satisfaction.

Concerning the subject of traditional medicine being the sole option for certain health conditions – this quite true. Where some of my fellow “alternative” practitioners can still run afoul of ethics, though, is in their lack of transparency about the non-existence of evidence for effective treatment of certain conditions. Some will imply or lead patients to believe that, for instance, manual joint manipulation can “help” with cancer cases or even maintain general health; some might even outright advertise such a thing and can run into disciplinary trouble in time. The fact that no or scanty evidence exists to support such claims will normally be bypassed altogether.

This sort of thing can also cause the lay public to continue to blanket categorize all chiropractors as quacks, ambulance chasers and the like. The profession has worked hard for many years to marginalize such doctors but the fight is still ongoing, and they do still certainly exist.

An exemple :

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/placebo-can-work-even-know-placebo-201607079926