Alternative Medicine and secularism

There is only one kind of medicine. "Alternative" medicine is fake medicine. Anything that hasn't been tested and validated as effective is not medicine.
Food has been tested as Effective. Yet to a conventional doctor or pharmacist, that would be considered "alternative medicine". I give you an example. about 2 years ago, I found out that I had a high blood pressure. I changed my food. Nothing drastic. Committed to 12 weeks of 45 mns a day of exercise, mostly weight lift. After the 12 weeks my blood pressure went down by 19 points!! THIS IS A TRUE STORY. Every week I check it and an average of 2 points dropped. You go to a doctor and he will glue you with some garbage that was not sufficiently tested. Not only that, they'd forbid you from quitting the treatment on your own just because you are not a doctor. But they conveniently forget that you are the body owner, and as such you know that body better than them. Or they do because there is no money gain for them in you doing what I did. In last October, my Blood pressure went up again as I got to like too much cheese, salt, meat and such. I got to a point where I did not feel well at all. Checked it, it was the problem. A quick internet search got me that I need to eat red cabbage, beet, green tea and whatever that is in Bananas with garlic. Plus I needed to lower sodium intake. Last 2 knew about from before. I did few salads with those veggies and in a single month it went down by 10 points. I didn't even try hard. I felt much better within a week. My plan now is to do a 6 months of that to level it right once and for all. If the problem the person suffers from was caused by food, then food should be the solution and not medication. This is simple arithmetic. I've done it many times in the past and it worked every time.
There is only one kind of medicine. "Alternative" medicine is fake medicine. Anything that hasn't been tested and validated as effective is not medicine.
Food has been tested as Effective. Yet to a conventional doctor or pharmacist, that would be considered "alternative medicine". I give you an example. about 2 years ago, I found out that I had a high blood pressure. I changed my food. Nothing drastic. Committed to 12 weeks of 45 mns a day of exercise, mostly weight lift. After the 12 weeks my blood pressure went down by 19 points!! THIS IS A TRUE STORY. Every week I check it and an average of 2 points dropped. You go to a doctor and he will glue you with some garbage that was not sufficiently tested. Not only that, they'd forbid you from quitting the treatment on your own just because you are not a doctor. But they conveniently forget that you are the body owner, and as such you know that body better than them. Or they do because there is no money gain for them in you doing what I did. In last October, my Blood pressure went up again as I got to like too much cheese, salt, meat and such. I got to a point where I did not feel well at all. Checked it, it was the problem. A quick internet search got me that I need to eat red cabbage, beet, green tea and whatever that is in Bananas with garlic. Plus I needed to lower sodium intake. Last 2 knew about from before. I did few salads with those veggies and in a single month it went down by 10 points. I didn't even try hard. I felt much better within a week. My plan now is to do a 6 months of that to level it right once and for all. If the problem the person suffers from was caused by food, then food should be the solution and not medication. This is simple arithmetic. I've done it many times in the past and it worked every time. Interestingly, I just read that using daily mouthwash may contribute to diabetes, by killing bacteria in your saliva which affects your natural production of insulin. And a Ted talk on cell aging. https://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_blackburn_the_science_of_cells_that_never_get_old?utm_source=newsletter_daily&utm_campaign=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=image__2017-11-27
Interestingly, I just read that using daily mouthwash may contribute to diabetes, by killing bacteria in your saliva which affects your natural production of insulin.
thank you, and that's the kind of info that I would consider Quaky. I use Listerine all the time. I got diabetes about 5 years ago, but it was because I ate sugar like a snake and not because I used Listerine. And that tooo I reversed. Had a gym membership at the time. Used Power antioxidants, quit sugar cold turkey and used the treadmill 60 mns daily. Since I have a spine injury, I didn't even have to run, I just walked @ the rate of 5 miles an hour (b4 injury I was long distance runner), so by the time I got off the carpet, I was totally soaked. The diabetes symptoms started to draw out only 2 days after I started the power antioxidants. After 2 weeks they simply disappeared. Lost 5 pounds of fat in 5 weeks, and the rest is history. Did not quit my Listerine. But the Diabetes went away to never come back.
And a Ted talk on cell aging. https://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_blackburn_the_science_of_cells_that_never_get_old?utm_source=newsletter_daily&utm_campaign=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=image__2017-11-27
I really liked her. She made me want to listen to her for ever. She'd also make a good Hypnotherapist. Thank you so much :coolsmile: . Of course we do have power over how our body reacts to different things.
Lois said; When has a Westen government ever forbidden laboratory testing? Name an instance.
marijuana testing.
Lois said; When has a Westen government ever forbidden laboratory testing? Name an instance.
marijuana testing.
I am not mari fan, but I relate as they ALSO don't like to test the effectiveness of how simple vegetables, fruits, seeds, herbs etc. have the ability to cure this or that. And why? Because they cannot apply for a patent to appropriate those basic ingredients as they have not invented them in a lab and therefore the money making potential here is extremely weak.
InBetween said, I am not mari fan, but I relate as they ALSO don't like to test the effectiveness of how simple vegetables, fruits, seeds, herbs etc. have the ability to cure this or that. And why? Because they cannot apply for a patent to appropriate those basic ingredients as they have not invented them in a lab and therefore the money making potential here is extremely weak.
I understand the fear of any psycho active drugs. But CBD is also derived from the sativa plant bred for low THC but high CBD.
WHAT IS CBD (CANNABIDIOL) HEMP OIL? What are the Effects of CBD? CBD interacts with the body through the endogenous cannabinoid system (ECS) or endocannabinoid system. First discovered in the late 1980’s, the endocannabinoid system regulates the body’s homeostasis, or general state of balance, impacting such functions as mood, sleep, appetite, hormone regulation, and pain and immune response. Like an acrobat on a highwire, as the environment around us impacts our normal balance, the endocannabinoid system “corrects" by mediating our body’s reaction to keep us level. What is the Endocannabinoid System? Found in all mammals, the endocannabinoid system is found in all mammals, and is made up of millions of cannabinoid receptor sites located primarily throughout the brain and central nervous system (CB1 receptors) and immune system (CB2 receptors) that act in neural communication. However, the endocannabinoid system doesn’t simply rely on plant-based cannabinoids, or phytocannabinoids. The human body is capable of making its own cannabinoids. Similar in function to CBD, Anandamide and 2-AG are the body’s own endocannabinoids, created to control communication between cells, mediating your body’s functions. It’s clear that the endocannabinoid system is one of the most important regulatory systems in the human body, but most people do very little to support the health of this system, because cannabinoids have not been part of the average diet. What are the Health Benefits of CBD? In addition to positively affecting the endocannabinoid system, CBD has been the focus of more than 23,000 published studies about cannabinoids in relation to various medical indications including anxiety, epilepsy, inflammation, cancer and chronic pain to name few. For a more comprehensive look at these and other studies, visit our medical research and education page.
https://www.medicalmarijuanainc.com/what-is-cbd-hemp-oil/

p.s. I have no axe to grind here. Just sharing some of the interesting articles I try to familiarize myself with.

I understand and read in the past that it did a tremendous good for cancer and aids patients as far as helping them manage pain, but I could never relate to its benefits as some would use that as excuse just so they could get it to get hammered when they are not suffering in any way. So one has to be careful.

I understand and read in the past that it did a tremendous good for cancer and aids patients as far as helping them manage pain, but I could never relate to its benefits as some would use that as excuse just so they could get it to get hammered when they are not suffering in any way. So one has to be careful.
I agree heartely, but there is a big difference between the cannabinoid CBD (which doesn't get you high) and THC (which does). Medical marijuana is just a purely natural pain killer and just like any other prescription should be taken as prescribed. The benefit is that neither is "addictive' in a physical sense, though THC can create a psychological dependence, but no more so than chocolate, other sweets, or coffee, none of which create real physical withdrawal symptoms, when you stop. The greatest source of obesity and diabetis is sugar. No one considers sugar a dangerous drug, which it is. As long as you don't show any adverse symptoms of sugar caused illnesses, no doctor will tell you to restrict you intake. So far CBD has shown no adverse effects of any kind and because it is not psychoactive there is no reason to worry of using an excuse of pain to obtain CBD cannabinoid. It doesn't affect your well being except as used to control pain or epilepsy or autism, but does not give you a high. It is more benign than aspirin, which is why prescriptions for aspirin for daily intake as a bloodthineer has been reduced from 160 mg, the adult dosage for occasional pain, to 80mg (baby dosage) for daily use, because it is an acid wich damages the stomach lining.
LoisL said, All they have to do is prove their remedies work under laboratory conditions. If they can’t do that the remedy does not deserve to be considered legitimate medicine. Period. End of discussion.
Not end of discussion. If the government forbids laboratory testing, it cannot be considered medicine? Note I left out the word "legitimate", because that is meaningless except for patent and taxation purposes. And what does "under laboratory conditions" mean anyway? Is nature not the greatest laboratory which can test medicinal or poisonous properties over millennia? Did a laboratory come up with the terms "Deadly Nightshade", "Bushman's Poison", "Bishop's weed"? Who labeled these poisonous plants? Laboratories? Are the Chinese people stupid? They still use lots of medicinal herbs. Are African bushmen stupid. They have no laboratories or fancy Latin names for beneficial or harmful chemicals contained in plants, barks, roots, seeds, flowers. But they know what not to eat! And that is sufficient in itself. Should the early Egyptians not have used Garlic to ward of "bad spirits". They knew it was "good medicine". In fact, the earliest recorded labor strike was over a cut-back of garlic rations during the period of Pyramid building. In the US, Garlic was once classified as a legitimate medicine. But you can grow it yourself, so there were no taxes to be gained. I make no claim that all the reputed medicinal properties of Garlic are true, but thousands of years of use for its beneficial properties cannot be denied. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3249897/
It can be denied if it can't be shown by testing under laboratory conditions to be beneficial, no matter how many people proclaim it. When has a Westen government ever forbidden laboratory testing? Name an instance. Since you asked, and apparently don't know, "under laboratory conditions" means by critical thinking standards that have resulted in a system of proving claims to be effective or ineffective by following the rule oif logic, rational thought and the scientific method. If you don't understand these things we can't help you. Take some basic courses in logic and critical thinking. Yes opioids are very effective under labaratory testing. Why do you think we are dealing with a serious opioid addiction today? because it was proven effective in labaratory tests? Who would have thought that its long term use has now produced a crisis? It's very labaratory proven effectiveness which is responsible for this terrible situation, even if taken as prescribed. The problem is that effective short term labaratory tests tell us nothing about long term effects. This is one of the reasons I always tell my doctor that I want the absolute minimal dosage of any artificially created drug, and rathere have to increase dosage than starting with a "normal" dosage and then having to "cut back", because of unintentional side effects. Coumadin is one such drug which requires weekly testing, because it can be deadly, as I discovered and spent a whole month in intensive care, because of internal bleeding and there was no doctor availble to test me. My regular doctor was on vacation and every other physician was fully booked and was not available. It took 2 weeks for me to nearly die, from internal bleeding. Be skeptical of natural medicines (which if ineffective don't necessarily kill you), but be just as skeptical of artificial medicines ( which may be too effective and can kill you). A general statement that a labaratory tested medicine is proven effective is no quarantee that it's sideffects are not dangerous. Why do we now have a booklet with every modern drug for this or that, which warn of unintended but possible side effects. Watch any tv advertisement for a new wonder drug and you'll always find a long list of warnings. I am skeptical of all medicines, natural or laboratory tested.
marijuana testing.
I am not mari fan, but I relate as they ALSO don't like to test the effectiveness of how simple vegetables, fruits, seeds, herbs etc. have the ability to cure this or that. And why? Because they cannot apply for a patent to appropriate those basic ingredients as they have not invented them in a lab and therefore the money making potential here is extremely weak. You have identified the problem. It is not always the researchers who are responsible, but the companies they work for who are in competiton to bring medicines to the "market", and push for instant results. Codeine has instant results, but long term use leads to addiction. But hey it was laboratory tested and therefore effective, but is it safe should be the a priori question, IMO. Who would have thought that using just plain old Talcum powder could cause cancer in women?

Often times, the studies they conduct to approve a medication are not much of studies. They don’t always pick samples of enough ethnic/age groups to test them on, they don’t always do long term effect analysis, etc. I read that once the medication is approved they get an automatic one billion dollar in the bank (probably went Up by now), plus the patent. So that motivate them to rush through a study that should NOT be rushed, as well as suppress any adverse effects. etc.

Often times, the studies they conduct to approve a medication are not much of studies. They don't always pick samples of enough ethnic/age groups to test them on, they don't always do long term effect analysis, etc. I read that once the medication is approved they get an automatic one billion dollar in the bank (probably went Up by now), plus the patent. So that motivate them to rush through a study that should NOT be rushed, as well as suppress any adverse effects. etc.
InBetween... apparently it refers to the empty space between his ears.
LoisL said, All they have to do is prove their remedies work under laboratory conditions. If they can’t do that the remedy does not deserve to be considered legitimate medicine. Period. End of discussion.
Not end of discussion. If the government forbids laboratory testing, it cannot be considered medicine? Note I left out the word "legitimate", because that is meaningless except for patent and taxation purposes. And what does "under laboratory conditions" mean anyway? Is nature not the greatest laboratory which can test medicinal or poisonous properties over millennia? Did a laboratory come up with the terms "Deadly Nightshade", "Bushman's Poison", "Bishop's weed"? Who labeled these poisonous plants? Laboratories? Are the Chinese people stupid? They still use lots of medicinal herbs. Are African bushmen stupid. They have no laboratories or fancy Latin names for beneficial or harmful chemicals contained in plants, barks, roots, seeds, flowers. But they know what not to eat! And that is sufficient in itself. Should the early Egyptians not have used Garlic to ward of "bad spirits". They knew it was "good medicine". In fact, the earliest recorded labor strike was over a cut-back of garlic rations during the period of Pyramid building. In the US, Garlic was once classified as a legitimate medicine. But you can grow it yourself, so there were no taxes to be gained. I make no claim that all the reputed medicinal properties of Garlic are true, but thousands of years of use for its beneficial properties cannot be denied. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3249897/
Please explain when the government has ever forbidden laboratory testing. How would that work? Since you asked, laboratory testing is defined by the majority of established scientists. It’s objective testing, which is agreed upon by most legitimate scientists in the world.

Guys the answer in regard to herbalism’s effectiveness is simple. It depends on the herb in question. You can’t say that no plants have any medical effect 100% of the time. Granted 90% of some herbs effects are either false or greatly exaggerated by money hungry supplement salesmen in order to sell pills at expensive health stores. Some herbs can have some effect on certain symptoms like how Yarrow can be used as a styptic. And their are a handful of studies that show that St. Johns Wart might be moderately more effective then a placebo, slightly less or as effective as conventional anti depressants. Foxglove which we now know effects the heart was used to treat heart conditions for thousands of years, coincidence? Many useful medicines like aspirin have origins in the phytochemistry of plants.
Lumping all medicinal herbs as 100% quackery on the par with faith healing and new age crystal magic mumbo jumbo is foolish. We should study them more in depth to see what useful properties they might have for advancing pharmacology :slight_smile:

Guys the answer in regard to herbalism's effectiveness is simple. It depends on the herb in question. You can't say that no plants have any medical effect 100% of the time. Granted 90% of some herbs effects are either false or greatly exaggerated by money hungry supplement salesmen in order to sell pills at expensive health stores. Some herbs can have some effect on certain symptoms like how Yarrow can be used as a styptic. And their are a handful of studies that show that St. Johns Wart might be moderately more effective then a placebo, slightly less or as effective as conventional anti depressants. Foxglove which we now know effects the heart was used to treat heart conditions for thousands of years, coincidence? Many useful medicines like aspirin have origins in the phytochemistry of plants. Lumping all medicinal herbs as 100% quackery on the par with faith healing and new age crystal magic mumbo jumbo is foolish. We should study them more in depth to see what useful properties they might have for advancing pharmacology :)
I give that a "like" In fact, some 70% of all medicine was originally derived from natural sources, such as plants and venom, to name a few. The one (double eded sword) of modern medicine is that it can be made in concentrated forms. However, that also produces a danger of overdosing as is clearly stated in the literature accompanying modern medicine in the section;possible side effects..
Often times, the studies they conduct to approve a medication are not much of studies. They don't always pick samples of enough ethnic/age groups to test them on, they don't always do long term effect analysis, etc. I read that once the medication is approved they get an automatic one billion dollar in the bank (probably went Up by now), plus the patent. So that motivate them to rush through a study that should NOT be rushed, as well as suppress any adverse effects. etc.
InBetween... apparently it refers to the empty space between his ears. you're very desperate ignorant little troll, aren't ya? if you weren't, you'd do a minimum research and find out that everything I said upstairs is TRUE. But you can't do that, so all I have to say to you is get back to your pot smoking. BTW, it's legal in your state Now.. that must make you very happy, mustn't it? :coolsmirk:
InBetween... apparently it refers to the empty space between his ears. you're very desperate ignorant little troll, aren't ya? if you weren't, you'd do a minimum research and find out that everything I said upstairs is TRUE. But you can't do that, so all I have to say to you is get back to your pot smoking. BTW, it's legal in your state Now.. that must make you very happy, mustn't it? :coolsmirk: Smoking marijuana does not make you ignorant, on the contrary, it makes you able to detect ignorance or stubborn willfulness. If you have never used it yourself, you cannot speak "knowledgeably" on the subject. If you feel a connectedness with the universe now, you'd be wallowing in the spiritual world, if you took just a single THC candy. Obviously, you love music, but a small stimulation from THC will allow you to merge with the music at a much deeper level. THC works completely different than opioids. There is no "reefer madness", that was a blatant PR stunt.
InBetween... apparently it refers to the empty space between his ears. you're very desperate ignorant little troll, aren't ya? if you weren't, you'd do a minimum research and find out that everything I said upstairs is TRUE. But you can't do that, so all I have to say to you is get back to your pot smoking. BTW, it's legal in your state Now.. that must make you very happy, mustn't it? :coolsmirk: Your right inbetween. I have nothing against modern medicine or anything but all they need to prove that a drug works better then a placebo. And that the person will not explode a few hours after eating it. The true mechanism is not even known for some drugs! lol Even modern medicine still needs some work lol. Just remember its a business and they want to turn out product more then anything else. Why do you think they spend big bucks on Viagra research but not new antibiotics to kill multiple antibiotic resistant bacteria? Cause antibiotics are not profitable; in fact development for such antibiotics are a huge flaming money pit, but penis pills are profitable, very very profitable. Maybe they will invest in it once we get a new Black Death in America. I rest my case
Smoking marijuana does not make you ignorant, on the contrary, it makes you able to detect ignorance or stubborn willfulness.
Not in the above specimen, it does not. IN fact if anything, based on the evidence it makes one ignorant, "stubborn" and the rest...I mean just look at this guy. Amazing LOL.
If you have never used it yourself, you cannot speak "knowledgeably" on the subject.
I prefer to be clear headed. I was married to a guy who was unable to function due to his enamoring with his pot. I was forced to let him go. He was a pile of dung BECAUSE OF THAT. He was very motivated to quit it, he'd try, then while trying he will hit the gas with drinking, and his pot head friends would come to the house, and start doing that garbage in front of him, knowing that he was trying to quit, to tempt him. So this is the type of garbage that makes one into. His friends were such vile maggots. And PRESUMABLY they aaaaaaaall had a college education. They must have majored in smoking pot and doing mashrooms and lsd. Since they all did that along with that. Thanks but no thanks.
If you feel a connectedness with the universe now, you'd be wallowing in the spiritual world, if you took just a single THC candy. Obviously, you love music, but a small stimulation from THC will allow you to merge with the music at a much deeper level. THC works completely different than opioids. There is no "reefer madness", that was a blatant PR stunt.
When I saw Jesus I was clear headed. I didn't tell you one time I was pissed off going down the street. Around 9 in the morning. I was mentally yelling at him for screwing me over. No more family, no nothing. He took it all. It was a gray day and I was looking down while walking. Suddenly I felt compelled to look up the sky. And guess what I SAW, what was there? A pair of giant, oversize, marvelous looking, Light-Eyes, that stretched ACROSS THE SKY!!!! ....gazing down at me from above, and looking at me with such an Affection and Tenderness!!! the mental yelling, on a dime, turned into loving. All I was able to repeatedly say from then on is "I love you, I love you,...", while frozen and staring at the sight. And an unimaginable Peace came upon me and stayed with me all day. All that burning fire that was killing me inside has been instantaneously expelled. Once I calmed down the eyes disappeared. Needless to say that I couldn't stop re-running the experience in my head for I don't known how long. Days... He didn't need me to get stoned for him to show up and give me such gift. He just showed up because he Knew I needed him to do so. Of course I don't control that. You guys could go to Alabama whenever you feel like it. LMAO. I can't. And I am fine with that. This is what makes our experiences different from one another. I felt like a baby that started to scream in its cradle. The Father came, sung to it, swung the cradle back and forth til the baby went back to sleep, and the Father left!!! It was Unbelievable.