Alt-America: the time for talking about white terrorism is now

As Alt-America has grown, especially online, so has the violence that inevitably accompanies it: acts of domestic terrorism, hate crimes, and threats of civil war backed by a wave of citizen militias by David Neiwert https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/26/alt-america-terrorism-rightwing-hate-crimes In the days before he walked into Charleston’s Mother Emanuel church with a gun and murdered nine people, Dylann Roof put together a manifesto. It was a bizarre, rambling tract loaded with racial and political animus, much of it cribbed from white-supremacist groups with ties to South Carolina’s Republican establishment. In the final section, Roof wrote:
I chose Charleston because it is most historic city in my state, and at one time had the highest ratio of blacks to Whites in the country. We have no skinheads, no real KKK, no one doing anything but talking on the internet. Well someone has to have the bravery to take it to the real world, and I guess that has to be me.
Roof ’s manifesto was reminiscent of a similar document penned in 2008 by a conservative Tennessee man named Jim David Adkisson. Adkisson was enraged by the looming nomination of a black man as the Democratic candidate for the presidency. “I’m protesting the DNC running such a radical leftist candidate," Adkisson wrote. “Osama Hussein Obama, yo mama. No experience, no brains, a joke. Dangerous to America, he looks like Curious George!" {Then the idiots elect their chosen alternative - as asshole who lives in a gold plated shit house penthouse, who only thinks of his own interests and who plays everyone for fools} He was appalled by the race-mixing mores of modern times as exemplified by Obama’s mother: “How is a white woman having a niger [sic] baby progress?" he asked. In July 2008, Adkisson walked into a Unitarian Universalist church in downtown Knoxville during a performance of a children’s musical, armed with a 12-gauge shotgun. He opened fire, killing two people and wounding seven more. ...
Yet, it seems most America continue sleeping as Koch enables another monster media merger
‘Their own media megaphone’: what do the Koch brothers want from Time? The company’s decline is readily apparent – but if the billionaire brothers’ other interests are a guide, their investment will be about more than money https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/26/alt-america-terrorism-rightwing-hate-crimes
and we wonder why most citizens are proving themselves to be god-awful stupid disinterested sheople. Oh wait, there's almost no one wondering about it, is there? Just keep the boob-tube on and we all go with the flow, nothing to see here. Oh and listening to NPR news it sure sounds as though Koch owns those folks too. These days their news reporting reminds me more of a bunch of eunuchs doing busy work, rather than any sort serious news reporting. :down: