Abortion, Right and Wrong, By Rachel Richardson Smith

Does it really matter who said what? It’s the subject matter that matters to me.
In short, fuk yes it matters who said what or who's parroting what.

The smearing of facts and not giving a damned, is something tremendously insidious and diabolical and the political weapon that’s most destroying the fabric of our society and that does have consequences.

But it get’s laughed off, come to think are these same thoughtless people who laugh off our society destroying the biological threads that keep our life-enabling biosphere to function healthy.

Sree, I’m glad you like red necks too:

v.3: Sree, I’m glad you like red necks too:
No, I don't. I like you guys. I watch CNN all the time to listen to your side of the story.

CitizenChallenge, I like the LiberalRedneck and Write4U, I get why you’re not into farming for the money. Personally, I’m not a big fan of money, because it encourages greed and I don’t like greed either.

It’s not greed, Mriana. It’s good fortune. Greed is a deadly sin. Money acquired through greed invites evil. Money that comes your way without your seeking it is a blessing.

You’ve never been to or worked at Walmart (AKA Hellmart) have you? Money is the root of all EVIL, including and especially Hellmart. No, a Hellmart gift card that comes your way is not a blessing, it’s greed- Hellmart’s greed, to get the gifter to spend money to give you a gift card, so you’ll go into Hell and give it to them and in return you’ll get a Hellmart special. That money that came your way is hardly a blessing.

Equating money with evil is an idea you find in some religious faiths.

Luke 18:25-27 New King James Version (NKJV) For it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

Yeah, if only Xians read their own book. They don’t read it. Instead they worship at the altar of Hellmart every Sunday.

Apparently, you are Christian at heart, Mriana. Believing that money is evil is a Christian superstition. Money is the blood that makes our world go round. We need money just as our bodies need air. Without sufficient money, we suffer.

No Sree, it’s not a superstition that corporations and the 1% are greedy for money. It’s very true, because greed of money drives them to suppress other people and do inhumane things, like deny those who are not rich health care. We see it every day. One doesn’t have to be a Xian to see greed is a bad thing and causes people to do bad and cruel things to others. Money is not blood and really don’t need money like we need air. There are other ways and money is just one way. I subscribe to the same philosophy that Gene Roddenberry did. Though I lean more towards the Manifesto II, here is III: Humanism and Its Aspirations: Humanist Manifesto III, a Successor to the Humanist Manifesto of 1933 - American Humanist Association And yes, it’s like a religion to me, but it isn’t Xianity and you might want to learn what it is, as well as it’s history, before you assume that only Xian beliefs are the only ones who think greed is a bad thing. This doesn’t mean that other world views don’t share similar views and values though, which you may want to research before judging, and yes, I was raised in a Xian household as a child, but it wasn’t the dotard’s cult. I’m a humanist and I strive to better myself and society and the love of money is nothing but greed to me. However, believing that greed is a bad thing, isn’t a superstition and using the phrase “Money is the root of all evil” is just a saying, not a belief in evil itself. Literalism is something Xians do, but those who know when someone is using a figure of speech or a saying, are either well educated or not hard core believers. The fact is, the worst of humanity is often seen at Walmart, which, if there was such a thing as hell, Walmart would be where it lies- again, a figure of speech, not meant to be taken literally and just because I’m not a Xian, doesn’t mean I can’t call something evil and mean it in a religious or superstitious sense. I don’t believe I should have to limit my vocabulary just to please those who think such words have to insinuate a religious connotation.

So, it is the selfish acquisition of wealth that you are against. You believe that we all should only work to better ourselves as a social group. You are talking about an ants’ nest or a hive of bees. Those insects definitely don’t believe in God. They are secular; that’s for sure. Who gets to be queen bee? Mriana, have you thought this through?

What? Sree, you’re not making any sense. We better ourselves and society. There is no queen bee. I’m not sure how you got that, unless you’re referring to Borg and if so, you totally misunderstood and it seems to me you’re pull stuff out of thin air. Nowhere was anything like a beehive was mentioned, not even in the Manifestos. However, I don’t think the acquisition of wealth is an ethical goal. Greed is never an ethical goal. I do think that money probably won’t exist in the future.

Money, as we know it, may not exist in the future. It will be replaced by something else to facilitate the way we live in society. Greed will still exist unless we can transform human nature as we know it. Will you change your ways for the betterment of all?

I’m not even sure what you mean when you ask, “Will you change your ways for the betterment of all?” You seem to think libertarianism is the betterment of all, which it isn’t, but that said, I really think a society that has socialized medicine and makes sure everyone has their basic needs fulfill it the betterment of all, because when people aren’t struggling to fulfill their basic needs, they can concentrate not only on self-fulfilling goals, but also strive to better humanity. No one should have to struggle for their next meal, get medicine, or shelter. One cannot concentrate on bettering themselves or society if they are hungry, sick, and homeless.

If the links to the AHA humanist manifestos above weren’t enough, there is the Secular Humanist declaration and affirmations, but if you didn’t read or understand those links then Paul Kurtz, secular version to the AHA’s manifesto will be even more above your head. But I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and give you the links to the secular humanist one:

Mriana: No one should have to struggle for their next meal, get medicine, or shelter. One cannot concentrate on bettering themselves or society if they are hungry, sick, and homeless.
Didn't your Christian mom tell you why we have to struggle? We were kicked out of Paradise because we turned bad. Greed is bad, as you well know. Manifesto is just a secular game plan to curb our evil ways.

Does the Manifesto deal with lust, which is another evil? This is why we fight over Roe v Wade.

The fact that you ask that question tells me you didn’t read any of the links I shared and I wasted my time posting them.

You didn’t waste your time, Mriana. You made my evening. I enjoyed talking to you. Isn’t this the way to building a good humanistic society together?

You’re missing the point. Part of it reading information too. You can’t just post and act like you read something when you didn’t.

Does the Manifesto deal with lust, which is another evil? This is why we fight over Roe v Wade.
We fight over Roe v Wade because lust is bad?

Can you explain how that train of thought works?