A Rose by any other name

I’ll bet if you wrote a movie where the children constantly thanked their parents for having them, for feeding them, for loving them, etc. And also knocked on their door every ten minutes asking for help with this and that and the other thing, I’ll bet most Christians, like the rest of us, an hour into the movie would be throwing popcorn at the screen and yelling at the kids to grow up, get a backbone, help yourself for chrissake.
And yet after the movie, they’d go right to church and do the same darn thing and never put two and two together.

I'll bet if you wrote a movie where the children constantly thanked their parents for having them, for feeding them, for loving them, etc. And also knocked on their door every ten minutes asking for help with this and that and the other thing, I'll bet most Christians, like the rest of us, an hour into the movie would be throwing popcorn at the screen and yelling at the kids to grow up, get a backbone, help yourself for chrissake. And yet after the movie, they'd go right to church and do the same darn thing and never put two and two together.
As usual, George Carlin explained this phenomenon. Sit back and enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPOfurmrjxo&list=RDgPOfurmrjxo
I'll bet if you wrote a movie where the children constantly thanked their parents for having them, for feeding them, for loving them, etc. And also knocked on their door every ten minutes asking for help with this and that and the other thing, I'll bet most Christians, like the rest of us, an hour into the movie would be throwing popcorn at the screen and yelling at the kids to grow up, get a backbone, help yourself for chrissake. And yet after the movie, they'd go right to church and do the same darn thing and never put two and two together.
Or, just as bad, parents who demand that from their children and threaten grave punishment if they don't do it. Lois