A Kink in the Armor

A Kink in the Armor
by Derek Cantrell
The President of the United States recently signed into law, a bill requiring military recruits to undergo psychiatric evaluation. The evaluation will be conducted in accordance with the DSM 5. The DSM is the original predecessor to the DSM 5, and was created by the United States Army, to define, classify and treat various psychological disorders. The current DSM 5 is not only recognized by the United States military, but also the American Psychiatric Association.
The DSM 5 defines religious belief as a theme of delusional behavior. While delusional behavior in itself, is not illegal; the idea of allowing those who suffer from delusional behavior to participate in military operations, actions, etc. is nonsensical. A brief assessment by a qualified psychologist or psychiatrist, would likely deem the vast majority of the current military, as suffering from delusional behavior.
The popular religions in the United States are Christianity and Judaism, therefore when referring to American religions, I will be referring to these particular beliefs. While American religions may bring comfort to believers, they also promote the psychology of unquestioning loyalty, even amid obvious inhumanities. For example: God instructed Abraham to kill his own son, God committed infanticide in Egypt at one point in time, and God committed global genocide, omit Noah and a few others. Believers of American religions are taught and encouraged to emulate this genocidal deity, and to follow his leadership without question, lest they succumb to eternal punishment of being burned alive.
American religions also propagate ideas like defending God given freedoms. This indoctrination may seem like a noble gesture, but once the delusion is identified, the propaganda is found to promote nothing more than genocide.
Even if the military was forced to reject believers of American religions and deplete their numbers considerably, I think it would only be a temporary detour ant; but it would slow the military actions, and force them to find a solution. This could mean the sparing of numerous lives, or at worst, the delay of the useless killing of war.
If war was temporarily slowed, due to rejecting believers of American religions, it would also show the direct correlation between American religions and warfare. The United States, as a mass of citizens, are the most religious of the western worlds, and also the most war-driven.
War profiteers propagate American religious psychology, as it is a useful tool to control the masses of non-questioning followers, even in lieu of obvious inhumanities such as genocide. Therefore, rejecting American religions from the military would severely hinder the leaders’ control and propaganda that justifies committing genocide.
We can conclude that there is sufficient evidence to demand the disbanding of military personnel who suffer from belief in American religions. We as a nation, should also demand the disbanding of police officers and political leaders, who suffer from the same theme of delusion. If people want justification for their actions, they should look to scientific method and mathematics. If math seems a radical replacement for religion, consider how many nations have waged, and do wage wars on religious belief vs. how many nations have waged, and do wage wars on arguments over the sum of two plus two.
The DSM 5 has identified a severe problem in our society. This problem is likely the drive behind various inhumanities. Now that it’s identified, the next action is to find proper treatment. While this process may need time to progress, it is only logical to remove delusional personnel from positions in our society that are meant to protect and guide us.

Strongly disagree for two reasons.

1. The DSM has always been controversial, and the current DSM 5 has been recently criticized - (from wikipedia) “The fifth edition was criticized by various authorities both before and after it was formally published. Critics assert, for example, that many DSM-5 revisions or additions lack empirical support; inter-rater reliability is low for many disorders; several sections contain poorly written, confusing, or contradictory information; and the psychiatric drug industry unduly influenced the manual’s content. Various scientists have argued that the DSM-5 forces clinicians to make distinctions that are not supported by solid evidence, distinctions that have major treatment implications, including drug prescriptions and the availability of health insurance coverage. General criticism of the DSM-5 ultimately resulted in a petition signed by 13,000, and sponsored by many mental health organizations, which called for outside review of the document.” DSM-5 - Wikipedia
  2. The claim that religious belief is responsible for the worlds problems isn’t supported by science.
Strongly disagree for two reasons. 1) The DSM has always been controversial, and the current DSM 5 has been recently criticized - (from wikipedia) "The fifth edition was criticized by various authorities both before and after it was formally published. 2) The claim that religious belief is responsible for the worlds problems isn't supported by science.
The first DSM was written by the U.S. military. The current DSM 5 is recognized by the U.S. military. Big Pharma’s alleged influence on the DSM and our lawmakers, only helps assure me that the lawmakers will side with the DSM, should the challenge gain momentum. I will cite sources for the implication that religion is responsible for the vast amount of wars. I personally believe that wars are propagated by differences in belief, religion being the biggest culprit. I’m sure that you will find my sources back my claim. Please let me know if the sources cited, are insufficient in any regard. I realize that my manuscript merely shows a way to usurp power from religion and endow it upon shady politicians. I would be delighted if religion could be dismantled through our search for knowledge and truth; and I believe in time science will disprove current religions, but in lieu of allowing the existence of new delusions that will find new ways to avoid scientific method (for a period of time, anyways.) I’m merely attempting to set the stage, for a showdown between the multi-national Pharmaceutical companies, and the various religious organizations, as I believe humanity will profit from both being hindered, and one’s demise. The sources cited pertain primarily to recent wars and conflicts, but I can cite sources for many ancient wars. related: Did you know that Hitler used Lutheran propaganda to encourage Christian Germans to join the Third Reich? With the help of the new printing press, the Lutherans had mass produced and distributed flyers, calling those of Jewish faith, false prophets as those of Jewish faith believe Jesus Christ was not the sun of God. Sometime later, Hitler reintroduced the literature to propagate Jews as heathens and devils, sent to confuse Christians into denying Christ. Truth be told, the majority of the Third Reich considered themselves to be Christian. They were in a battle to destroy those who claimed Christ to be a false prophet, hoax, etc. Source cited: http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/474759/jewish/Does-Religion-Cause-War.htm http://www.commondreams.org/views/2011/12/19/false-equation-religion-equals-morality http://www.diva-portal.org/smash/record.jsf?pid=diva2:162154&dswid=3793 http://www.diva-portal.org/smash/record.jsf?pid=diva2:162154&dswid=3793