A Critical Assessment of Child Custody Evaluations: Limited Science and a Flawed System

We don't live in a science world. We live in a legal world that is sometimes based on science or trial and error. Or statistics.
Or personal feeling for that matter. But yes, this is something that can't really be reconciled with "legality". However when there's a profit to be made, there's always less room for improvement. I see your point about profit, but it isn't avoidable and it isn't anywhere near rotten to the core concerning courts and psychologists- as you want to make it out to be. Who do you think is going to ultimately make decisions in these sticky family-custody-divorce etc type cases? Who or what?
Mid A-This is a specious argument, because the experts are just whoever is in power at the time.
It's a type of bureaucracy. But what isn't it? Again you are over hyping it. It works good enough, most of the time. Who do you want making these decisions? Plumbers? Race car drivers? Somebody has to untangle all of these stupid familial relationships that people get themselves into. Divorce, property, children, homes, abuse, drugs etc etc etc...
I wasn't defending or attacking George's arguments (although you have a point :lol: ). I was only pointing out that Quoting Vyazma:
Really? I never get that from George’s posts. I get racial bigotry and ignorance disguised(loosely) as science.
I wasn't defending or attacking George's arguments (although you have a point :lol: ). I was only pointing out that doubt____ had proposed a number of ideas and that George was sort of backing them. I thought it was funny that doubt____ didn't see that and then attacked George's post. Occam
Yeah sorry Occam. I quoted the wrong thing from you. This is what I wanted:
Occam-And come on, George, I know that you are far too well adjusted to believe all that stuff you post, but are only trying to use reductio ad absurdum to prove the point. LOL
It doesn't matter. It's off topic anyways.

Saying that white race is dying out is racist? How so?

Quoting Vy:

Yeah sorry Occam. I quoted the wrong thing from you.
This is what I wanted:

Occam-
And come on, George, I know that you are far too well adjusted to believe all that stuff you post, but are only trying to use reductio ad absurdum to prove the point. LOL

Sorry, Vy, I was being a wiseass and using irony.
Occam

The OP was not about deadbeat dads; it's about active fathers being made to pay for therapies which don't have any scientific validity.
Yes but George, for one, took it in another direction and I was responding to him. In any case there is a reason for the state of affairs we have now with psychologists running things--something had to be done because of the chaotic situation that presented itself. These things don't happen in a vacuum. I don't think psychologists are the answer either, but it's a system that grew out of incredible dysfunction. What would you have done? Lois
In any case there is a reason for the state of affairs we have now with psychologists running things--something had to be done because of the chaotic situation that presented itself. These things don't happen in a vacuum. I don't think psychologists are the answer either, but it's a system that grew out of incredible dysfunction. What would you have done? Lois
Is this a rhetorical question? Vyazma asked the same thing. If not a rhetorical question, I think the families should handle these matters themselves. No government involvement. However, some people in these positions don't have reliable families, so "street justice" should be the next step, IMO.
In any case there is a reason for the state of affairs we have now with psychologists running things--something had to be done because of the chaotic situation that presented itself. These things don't happen in a vacuum. I don't think psychologists are the answer either, but it's a system that grew out of incredible dysfunction. What would you have done? Lois
Is this a rhetorical question? Vyazma asked the same thing. If not a rhetorical question, I think the families should handle these matters themselves. No government involvement. However, some people in these positions don't have reliable families, so "street justice" should be the next step, IMO. Which is why we have the chaos we have. Some people try to relieve the chaos while people like you call for more. So far your side is winning.
Is this a rhetorical question? Vyazma asked the same thing. If not a rhetorical question, I think the families should handle these matters themselves. No government involvement. However, some people in these positions don't have reliable families, so "street justice" should be the next step, IMO. Why are you wasting people's time here? You're probably a big dispenser of street justice aren't you? :lol: Adolescent.

I guess M-A feels we need an expansion of the “Stand Your Ground” laws to, maybe, “Prevent Any Behavior Different From Your Own” that would allow anyone to shoot any other person who doesn’t comply with the first one’s ideas of proper behavior. This would be defined as “street justice”.
Occam

Is this a rhetorical question? Vyazma asked the same thing. If not a rhetorical question, I think the families should handle these matters themselves. No government involvement. However, some people in these positions don't have reliable families, so "street justice" should be the next step, IMO. Which is why we have the chaos we have. Some people try to relieve the chaos while people like you call for more. So far your side is winning.How is "my side" winning?
I guess M-A feels we need an expansion of the "Stand Your Ground" laws to, maybe, "Prevent Any Behavior Different From Your Own" that would allow anyone to shoot any other person who doesn't comply with the first one's ideas of proper behavior. This would be defined as "street justice". Occam
I said no to more government intervention.
Is this a rhetorical question? Vyazma asked the same thing. If not a rhetorical question, I think the families should handle these matters themselves. No government involvement. However, some people in these positions don't have reliable families, so "street justice" should be the next step, IMO. Which is why we have the chaos we have. Some people try to relieve the chaos while people like you call for more. So far your side is winning.How is "my side" winning? Because we have chaos already and you are calling for more. Do nothing, get more chaos. Simple equation. Lois
Is this a rhetorical question? Vyazma asked the same thing. If not a rhetorical question, I think the families should handle these matters themselves. No government involvement. However, some people in these positions don't have reliable families, so "street justice" should be the next step, IMO. Which is why we have the chaos we have. Some people try to relieve the chaos while people like you call for more. So far your side is winning.How is "my side" winning? Because we have chaos already an you are calling for more. Do nothing, get more chaos. Simple equation. LoisLolwut? I didn't say "do nothing".
I guess M-A feels we need an expansion of the "Stand Your Ground" laws to, maybe, "Prevent Any Behavior Different From Your Own" that would allow anyone to shoot any other person who doesn't comply with the first one's ideas of proper behavior. This would be defined as "street justice". Occam
I said no to more government intervention. You also said street justice. What does that mean? How do you apply street justice to 2 children who have a child molester as a father and meth addict as a mother for example?
You also said street justice. What does that mean? How do you apply street justice to 2 children who have a child molester as a father and meth addict as a mother for example?
It's means not getting authorities involved, taking matters into your own hands. In this example, stable family members can take the kids; meth head mom will not be worrying about the children as long as she's using. However,it's impossible to prove molestation occurred without medical help, and health care practitioners are required by law to contact authorities if they find signs of abuse (known as mandated reporting) so, some official investigation of the father will happen.
I said no to more government intervention. You also said street justice. What does that mean? How do you apply street justice to 2 children who have a child molester as a father and meth addict as a mother for example? Never ask a libertarian for details. He will tell you that everything will magically fall into place once government is out of the picture. Lois